News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Um...

Started by Nam, February 19, 2016, 07:24:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: Nam on February 19, 2016, 07:24:51 AM
...I need to argue. Arguing with myself gets me no where -- I simultaneously win and lose -- no fun in that.

So...maybe some here will like to argue with me from time to time.

-Nam

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Nam

Quote from: Tank on February 19, 2016, 06:50:12 PM
Quote from: Nam on February 19, 2016, 05:27:25 PM
Quote from: Tank on February 19, 2016, 09:13:20 AM
Quote from: Nam on February 19, 2016, 08:39:35 AM
I'll be as civil as I can be.

-Nam
Actually you'll be un-civil as the staff will allow  :grin:

[youtube width=500]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y[/youtube]

You don't know me very well. People consider me an asshole and a troll. I'm more likely the former.

-Nam
I don't know you at all. And the reverse applies to. You don't know me either. But if you overdo the 'asshole and a troll.' You'll find yet another forum door slamming on your arse. However, one needs a little spice to make a good curry so at the moment you're not a problem. But if I have to waste my valuable time batting down fires you start I will ban you without so much as a blink of an eye.

Doesn't bother me. I sort of enjoy it. However, I speak my mind and I don't hold back unless a benefit for me to do so.

I take everything (in such regard) as a "game".

-Nam
I'm on the road less traveled...

Nam

Quote from: Siz on February 19, 2016, 07:16:49 PM
So far, you've told us you're a bad boy, and any ban is definitely worth boasting (I've taken a ban from a Satanist forum myself before), but can we see some banworthy posts? Maybe tell us your opinions on, say, ...er... smelly fat women.

Well, I got many "banworthy" posts at wwgha. I was banned for none of them. See, they have the hypocritical view of: say anything you want to members but say anything you want to staff -- that's going too far.

If you're looking at how "direct" or "harsh" I can be one time there was a whiner there (who is now back more regularly now that I am gone) who whined a lot. One day she said she felt like committing suicide and I told her to stop whining about it and get it over with so we didn't have to read her whining all the time.

I got a lot of smites for that. See, she's the type of person who says something that makes sense or doesn't and then expects everyone to agree with her about it and if they don't then they are "big meanies". I called her out constantly on it. I ended up having to put her on ignore so I wouldn't say something I would regret. Think about that for a moment.

-Nam

Nam

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Siz

Quote from: Nam on February 20, 2016, 01:51:49 AM
So far, you've told us you're a bad boy, and any ban is definitely worth boasting (I've taken a ban from a Satanist forum myself before), but can we see some banworthy posts? Maybe tell us your opinions on, say, ...er... smelly fat women.

Well, I got many "banworthy" posts at wwgha. I was banned for none of them. See, they have the hypocritical view of: say anything you want to members but say anything you want to staff -- that's going too far.

If you're looking at how "direct" or "harsh" I can be one time there was a whiner there (who is now back more regularly now that I am gone) who whined a lot. One day she said she felt like committing suicide and I told her to stop whining about it and get it over with so we didn't have to read her whining all the time.

I got a lot of smites for that. See, she's the type of person who says something that makes sense or doesn't and then expects everyone to agree with her about it and if they don't then they are "big meanies". I called her out constantly on it. I ended up having to put her on ignore so I wouldn't say something I would regret. Think about that for a moment.

-Nam

We had a guy on here once who continually told us about how badass he was and never really backed it up with any posts of substance that weren't about himself. We just started ignoring him in the end and he went away... or maybe he quit his narcissism and ended up being a respected poster... can't remember which....

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Nam

Not him. I'm banned for life from the website. I can't view my posts collectively. I'd have to go through topic to topic and find significant posts out of over 17,000 of them. I ain't doing that. You want to do that, you do it. Best I can do is this:

At wwgha:

The first name is a nondenom Christian who believes only he's a Christian. Still on the website though he breaks more rules collectively than I ever have.

Second name was a Christian who was banned earlier last year or the year before. No one really knows why since the guy with over 600 smites is still there.

The third guy is a JW.

The fourth guy is a Christian who comes and goes. Posts arguments but doesn't really reply back unless to say we're wrong.

I'm the only atheist on the list, and the only one with over 100 negatives on the entire website.

Best I can do for you there.

Where I'm currently a GM (the dead website): (I think you may have to join to read this, if so this isn't me "recruiting", you're the one that wants evidence)

http://www.atheistthinktank.org/index.php?topic=9168.0

-Nam

Recusant

This place doesn't do "smites," but red text used by a moderator would be the equivalent, I suppose. It is possible to be banned, if you apply yourself assiduously to the task.  :boring:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Crow

Those that usually think they are going to get a ban usually will get banned. It is often a self fulfilling prophecy.
Retired member.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Nam

Quote from: Recusant on February 20, 2016, 06:11:51 PM
This place doesn't do "smites," but red text used by a moderator would be the equivalent, I suppose. It is possible to be banned, if you apply yourself assiduously to the task.  :boring:

The "Dead website", I was banned for life there, too. I was resurrected, became a GM (when it was more active) and then it died, I left, it switched owner hands (the owner spends most of her time at IGI) and a month or so ago she made me a GM so I could help revitalize the website. I'm still trying to figure that out. With little input it's difficult but I need to argue, as I said and I've been banned from wwgha, atheistforums (net I think), etc., and countless Christian forums it was either go back to allpoetry.com regularly, or come here.

-Nam

Nam

Quote from: Crow on February 20, 2016, 07:00:55 PM
Those that usually think they are going to get a ban usually will get banned. It is often a self fulfilling prophecy.

That's the thing: I actually don't look to be banned. You get to know me, I'm quite charming and humorous it's just I speak my mind, I don't hold back, and I don't lie about anything; and I do not let go of things if I feel I'm right, while being quite stubborn and opinionated in the process.

-Nam

Magdalena

I can't wait to see you in action.  :tellmemore:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: Nam on February 20, 2016, 06:00:29 PM

http://www.atheistthinktank.org/index.php?topic=9168.0

-Nam

I went there, and I have a question.
What is this: IQ: +345/-187 --thing you guys have under your avatar?

Sandra Craft

(I've taken a ban from a Satanist forum myself before)

The Satanists banned you?  Now that's a story I wouldn't mind hearing, tho I expect it would need to be on another thread.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany