News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Howdy doody time

Started by Wendy Voltaire, January 28, 2010, 10:10:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wendy Voltaire

Losing you "first post virginity" is always fun when you join a new forum.

Well, as you can see, my name's Wendy (feel free to make up a nickname for me. Most people I know have a nickname for me. Quite literally).

A little background info: My parents were never religious so I was always an atheist. My mother practiced Buddhism, but she never pushed it on me and that was how I got introduced to religion as a whole. A few of my friends in school were Christians and so I studied a bit of Christianity and found the whole deal - to put it blunty - a whole load of crap. I never could understand how people would have faith in an entity that was never proven. I then started reading the Bible (both the Old and New Testament) and found it to be vile to say the least. A whole lot of misogyny, racism, genocide, incest etc. and things that just didn't make sense.

I only really ever labelled myself as atheist late last year because that's when I started learning about the world around me on an international level and realised how much religion has a horrible influence on many people, and it seems to me that it affects people more negatively than positively.

Well, that's my story. Oh, and also came over from the Why Won't God Heal Amputees? website, so hello to anyone from there as well! Cheers.

kelltrill

Welcome :) I'm relatively new here myself but this is a great forum.
I know the Why Won't Got Heal Amputees? website. I enjoyed reading through it and tracking down the verses.

Where are you from, if I may ask?
"Faith is generally nothing more than the permission religious people give to one another to believe things strongly without evidence."

Wendy Voltaire

Quote from: "kelltrill"Welcome :) I'm relatively new here myself but this is a great forum.
I know the Why Won't Got Heal Amputees? website. I enjoyed reading through it and tracking down the verses.

Where are you from, if I may ask?

Thanks for the welcome. I live in Australia.