News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Tired of being negative

Started by Jose AR, December 10, 2011, 01:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevil

Quote from: AnimatedDirt on January 05, 2012, 08:51:46 PM
Quote from: Stevil on January 05, 2012, 08:38:02 PM
It is you who is attempting to apply the fictional story to me, I am happy to discuss the story, but please don't suggest it applies to me.

When did I say it applies to you?  In context of the fairytale, it applies to all...it is a fairytale right?  Why does the Atheist get all up in arms about some "fairytale" some deluded person thinks is real?

Quote from: AnimatedDirt
...an entity that a fairytale claims loves you and did this for you whether you believe it or not.  Is it funny if someone out of whatever reason, deluded or not, gives something up, something as precious as life?

BTW As I have said before "fairytale" is your word not mine.

AnimatedDirt

Quote from: Stevil on January 05, 2012, 08:56:26 PM

All of a sudden using the term "fairytale" is scary for you in connection with the bible?  How bizzare.

Again, in context of the fairytale...it is for all.  You too, if you're in the fairytale.  But then, it is a fairytale...but you still have serious issue with this, I don't really understand this.

Stevil

Quote from: AnimatedDirt on January 05, 2012, 09:12:00 PM
Quote from: Stevil on January 05, 2012, 08:56:26 PM

All of a sudden using the term "fairytale" is scary for you in connection with the bible?  How bizzare.

Again, in context of the fairytale...it is for all.  You too, if you're in the fairytale.  But then, it is a fairytale...but you still have serious issue with this, I don't really understand this.

Quote from: AnimatedDirt
Quote from: Stevil
Jesus did not die for me, I did not ask him to and I would never ask anyone to make a blood sacrifice of themselves or of anyone for my sake.
In the context of the "fairytale", one need only read to find you are wrong on this...the part about the Jesus character dying for you.
As I have stated, I am not part of this story. Jesus did not die for me, I find it repugnant that someone would suggest such trash and fling it at me.
I am expressing my view that I wish that you would show me some respect as an Atheist who does not believe what you believe and hence please stop suggesting that I am part of your religious story. It does not apply to me irregardless on whether you believe it does or not.

I don't state it as a fairytale, because I am more respectful than that, I understand you believe it but I think it is fictional. A fairytale is a subset of fiction. I wouldn't classify the bible as a fairytale.

AnimatedDirt

Quote from: StevilI don't state it as a fairytale, because I am more respectful than that, I understand you believe it but I think it is fictional. A fairytale is a subset of fiction. I wouldn't classify the bible as a fairytale.
Am I to assume then that you're ok with it being referred to as a piece of fiction?
Quote from: StevilI am expressing my view that I wish that you would show me some respect as an Atheist who does not believe what you believe and hence please stop suggesting that I am part of your religious story. It does not apply to me irregardless on whether you believe it does or not.
Again...when have I said it applys to you specifically?  Maybe in the past, but certainly not in the past few days.  I think I've been quite clear in stating over and over, "context of the fairytale" which in all honesty, I thought WOULD be respecting where most of Atheists put the bible.  Forgive me, I will now refer to it as the "piece of fiction"...assuming the above.

Quote from: Stevil on January 05, 2012, 09:27:53 PM
As I have stated, I am not part of this story. Jesus did not die for me, I find it repugnant that someone would suggest such trash and fling it at me.
Fling?  In context of the piece of fiction, how is it repugnant?  Now remember, in context of the piece of fiction.