News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

They have issued me a new driving licence after my eye problems and op!

:frolic:
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Sandra Craft

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Magdalena

Quote from: Dave on November 23, 2017, 10:01:12 AM

Awwwww! That's great news!  :hug:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

:dance: :dance: :dance:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Biggus Dickus

Thanks for the warning Dave! 8)
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Dave

Quote from: Father Bruno on November 24, 2017, 05:17:44 AM

Thanks for the warning Dave! 8)
You''re ssfe, Bru. Would not dream if ttying to drive over there. From whst I see on TV, Youtube and the movies driving in America is either utterly boring or utter nutters!

:grin:
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Icarus

Hmmmph!  I agree that far too many the US drivers are nutters.  The Brit drivers are even more confused because they insist that they must drive on the wrong side of the road.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Icarus on November 25, 2017, 12:11:30 AM
Hmmmph!  I agree that far too many the US drivers are nutters.  The Brit drivers are even more confused because they insist that they must drive on the wrong side of the road.

It's one of the things that makes me not miss having a car.  Does anybody check their mirrors before changing lanes these days?
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Velma

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on November 25, 2017, 12:37:39 AM

It's one of the things that makes me not miss having a car.  Does anybody check their mirrors before changing lanes these days?
I don't think so. My husband and I seem to have a least one near miss every time we get on the highway. If it is not some idiot on their phone, it's another idiot who is so intent on getting ahead of everyone else that he finds himself in the far left lane right before his exit and makes a mad swoop through traffic so he doesn't miss it.

And don't get me started on the tailgaters! I'm keeping up with traffic. If you are in such an all fired hurry, move over to the fast lane!
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Velma on November 25, 2017, 07:50:35 AM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on November 25, 2017, 12:37:39 AM

I don't think so. My husband and I seem to have a least one near miss every time we get on the highway. If it is not some idiot on their phone, it's another idiot who is so intent on getting ahead of everyone else that he finds himself in the far left lane right before his exit and makes a mad swoop through traffic so he doesn't miss it.

And don't get me started on the tailgaters! I'm keeping up with traffic. If you are in such an all fired hurry, move over to the fast lane!

Back in September I get rear-ended while on my way home from work on the freeway and my car ends up being totaled. Last week I'm on my way home from work and at a stop on the service drive when a young lady rear-ends me again....about $400.00 worth of damage.

I feel like I have an invisible bullseye on my back...(The girls is in college, she attends a local campus close to the office, and her father agreed to pay me directly for the repairs.)

There is an island up on the straits of Mackinaw here in Michigan, right where Lakes Michigan and Huron meet, and just east of the Mackinaw bridge which connects the lower part of Michigan with what we call the Upper Peninsula....they don't allow any cars on the island except emergency vehicles.
Transportation is either horse, bicycle or walking...I should move there.

Tank

Quote from: Father Bruno on November 25, 2017, 02:15:12 PM
With your luck a bike will spook a horse which will kick you in the balls while you're walking down the road!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Guardian85

Quote from: Tank on November 25, 2017, 11:24:52 PM
Quote from: Father Bruno on November 25, 2017, 02:15:12 PM
With your luck a bike will spook a horse which will kick you in the balls while you're walking down the road!
Oh, for the love of Odin!  :o

Someone record when that happens!

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

xSilverPhinx

:heyhey:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Biggus Dickus

I was supposed to report for jury duty down in Detroit this morning, Third Judicial Court.

You pay $10.00 for parking, and then sit in a crowded room with other potential jurors waiting to be called. If you're not called you could end up sitting there for 4-6 hours.

The place smells, and you are not allowed any electronic devices, to include phones while you are there.

I was dreading this for weeks, and came in work early yesterday, and worked late so as to be caught and even ahead of my work...checked in last night to see if I had to report, and they listed a bunch of group numbers that cut-off right at my number.

I was so happy, but checked it three times last night, and checked it again this morning just to be sure. Plus I did a screen shot of the group numbers posted so I have proof just in case they try to pull something.

This is a first for me, as I always get called in. I've sat in on two trials, and was picked for a third, but right at the last moment the defense attorney requested I be dismissed. (It was an armed robbery case, and I always wanted to ask the lawyer why he dismissed my out of curiosity)

Now I'm at work and since I got a lot of my stuff done yesterday I have a little time to goof off this morning.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Father Bruno on November 30, 2017, 03:31:01 PM
I was supposed to report for jury duty down in Detroit this morning, Third Judicial Court.

You pay $10.00 for parking, and then sit in a crowded room with other potential jurors waiting to be called. If you're not called you could end up sitting there for 4-6 hours.

The place smells, and you are not allowed any electronic devices, to include phones while you are there.

I was dreading this for weeks, and came in work early yesterday, and worked late so as to be caught and even ahead of my work...checked in last night to see if I had to report, and they listed a bunch of group numbers that cut-off right at my number.

I was so happy, but checked it three times last night, and checked it again this morning just to be sure. Plus I did a screen shot of the group numbers posted so I have proof just in case they try to pull something.

This is a first for me, as I always get called in. I've sat in on two trials, and was picked for a third, but right at the last moment the defense attorney requested I be dismissed. (It was an armed robbery case, and I always wanted to ask the lawyer why he dismissed my out of curiosity)

Now I'm at work and since I got a lot of my stuff done yesterday I have a little time to goof off this morning.

That's great Father Bruno, though I had always imagined jury duty, while not exactly being fun, would be interesting to sit through. :grin: 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey