Main Menu

For Hermes

Started by xSilverPhinx, December 11, 2018, 01:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Gotta love this parrot! ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Asmodean

I agree with the parrot (Whom, by the way, I can barely understand, beyond its heart-felt rage)

Ruin a perfectly good home like that..!  >:(
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

hermes2015

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 11, 2018, 01:04:47 PM

Gotta love this parrot! ;D

Ha, that's funny. It brought a little light into this sad day.

My little parrot only swears in the Bengali language, and only at my partner, who was born in Bangladesh. Strangely enough, she never swears at me.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Asmodean on December 11, 2018, 01:08:09 PM
I agree with the parrot (Whom, by the way, I can barely understand, beyond its heart-felt rage)

All I hear are the F-bombs it's dropping.  :o I do wonder whether it can also flip the bird.  ;D

QuoteRuin a perfectly good home like that..!  >:(

A perfectly good home it may be, but it's a cage.  :-\

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: hermes2015 on December 11, 2018, 02:13:00 PM

My little parrot only swears in the Bengali language, and only at my partner, who was born in Bangladesh. Strangely enough, she never swears at me.

They are such sweet little animals.  ;D I wish I had one, though I would be half afraid of what it might incorporate into its vocabulary based on what I say! :P

How old is your parrot? I hear they can outlive many other types of pets.

hermes2015

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 12, 2018, 03:12:23 AM

They are such sweet little animals.  ;D I wish I had one, though I would be half afraid of what it might incorporate into its vocabulary based on what I say! :P

Lulu is a six-year old African Grey and, as typical for that kind of parrot, she is amazingly intelligent. She often responds in a way that makes it clear that she has followed and understood a conversation. That is also a reason to think very carefully before letting one into your life, because it is a huge commitment. Their intelligence means that they need stimulation all the time and they get stressed easily if they think you don't love them. She is always on my shoulder and loves going out with me, especially to the supermarket.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: hermes2015 on December 12, 2018, 06:29:56 AM

Lulu is a six-year old African Grey and, as typical for that kind of parrot, she is amazingly intelligent. She often responds in a way that makes it clear that she has followed and understood a conversation. That is also a reason to think very carefully before letting one into your life, because it is a huge commitment. Their intelligence means that they need stimulation all the time and they get stressed easily if they think you don't love them. She is always on my shoulder and loves going out with me, especially to the supermarket.

Yeah, I will most probably continue to admire them from afar. Life's too hectic to get a pet that needs constant stimulation and attention. I'll probably just get a goldfish instead.  ;D It's a pity though. I am fascinated by intelligent animals.

Tank

Quote from: hermes2015 on December 12, 2018, 06:29:56 AM

I'll be amazed if there aren't any YouTube videos of you out shopping!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

hermes2015

Quote from: Tanksinatra on December 12, 2018, 08:00:49 AM
Lots of parrot shopping videos

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=out+shopping+with+parrot

Compared to some of those, Lulu is very well-behaved and calm. It's incredible how she is a magnet for women of all ages. I am usually accosted by at least 4 who want to chat to me and want to know everything about Lulu. I would recommend this to any young guy who wants to meet someone. Some are quite hard to shake off and keep following me around.
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: hermes2015 on December 12, 2018, 09:57:09 AM

Compared to some of those, Lulu is very well-behaved and calm. It's incredible how she is a magnet for women of all ages. I am usually accosted by at least 4 who want to chat to me and want to know everything about Lulu. I would recommend this to any young guy who wants to meet someone. Some are quite hard to shake off and keep following me around.

jj you need a parrot! :grin:

hermes2015

Quote from: Tanksinatra on December 12, 2018, 11:31:33 AM

jj you need a parrot! :grin:

I thought that as well, but did not want to say it.
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

If that bothers you, I suggest getting an eyepatch and saying 'Arrr!' when approached.  :P

jumbojak

I was just about to ask if they came with an eye patch but you beat me to it... it's s thought though.  :felix:

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz