News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

President Dickhead

Started by Dave, December 05, 2017, 07:53:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

I think we need a new Trump thread. Not just how he is damaging the structure of governance or sort of taking the mick but one that better illuminates his  anti-social, ant-humanity, and-worker policies. Whether he perdonally instigates such rules or not his is the can of worms that generates them, let him carry it.

QuoteProposed rule would protect employers who steal workers' hard-earned tips
Today the Trump administration took their first major step towards allowing employers to legally take tips earned by the workers they employ. The Department of Labor released a proposed rule rescinding portions of its tip regulations, including current restrictions on "tip pooling"—which would mean that, for example, restaurants would be able to pool the tips servers receive and share them with untipped employees such as cooks and dishwashers. But, crucially, the rule doesn't actually require that employers distribute pooled tips to workers. Under the administration's proposed rule, as long as the tipped workers earn minimum wage, the employer can legally pocket those tips.
http://www.epi.org/press/proposed-rule-would-protect-employers-who-steal-workers-hard-earned-tips/

QuoteTrump shrinks Utah monuments in historic move
Trump, by signing two presidential proclamations on Monday, shrunk the size of Bears Ears National Monument by more than 80% and Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument by roughly 45%, fundamentally reshaping the two large national monuments.
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/12/04/politics/utah-monuments-trump-weir/index.html
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Recusant

I think this would be the third Trump thread.  :notsure:

I understand the premise, and we'll see how it goes.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Dave

Quote from: Recusant on December 05, 2017, 04:13:35 PM
I think this would be the third Trump thread.  :notsure:

I understand the premise, and we'll see how it goes.

Thanks, Recusant, but there are items, in what is a very important matter for the whole world and some that are more domestic, more personal, that get lost in all the other stuff. If they don't directly affect us non-Americans I would think that most of us feel for you.

I will let them tell us what things like healthcare and the new tax regime mean to Joe and Josn Average.

Biggus Dickus

Perhaps it is only semantics or possibly "consensus ad idem",... but I for one would prefer the title of this thread to be" President Dickhead".
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Dave

Quote from: Father Bruno on December 05, 2017, 05:51:13 PM
Perhaps it is only semantics or possibly "consensus ad idem",... but I for one would prefer the title of this thread to be" President Dickhead".

No problem if somrone can change it, seems I can only edit the title of my opening pist.

Were he my head of state I would use that label, follows on from "Duke of Bullshit". He seems almost malicious at times and commentators have hinted that they think he has no interest in the person on the street.

If this thread is offensive I also have no issue eith it bring scrapped, was feeling more anti-Trump than usual when .i heard about the nature monuments.