Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Politics / Re: Duke of Bullshit: "The" Donald
« Last post by Dave on Today at 04:41:44 PM »
Remember those word games where you had to go from the start word to the finish word, changing one letter at a time in as many steps as there are letters?

Ok, go from TRUMP to CRASS in five words.

A big clue, word four means, according to the Urban Dictionary:

not being able to grasp the crap someone is talking

(The key words being "grasp" and "crap".)

Have fun! But no cheating.

Spoiler: show
TRUMP
CRUMP
CRAMP
CRASP
CRASS
Laid Back Lounge / Re: Does Anybody Here Remember...
« Last post by Dave on Today at 04:30:30 PM »
Are pumpkin seeds even digestible? :notsure: Unless of course the whole point of swallowing them is because they're not... ;D

Aw, pumpkin seeds are great in a breakfast mix, crunchy chewy, full of potassium, magnesium, iron, fibre, healthy oils.

Spoiler: show
OK, bit like eating a sack of scrapings from the bottom of the metals scrap bin in a vegan factory but . . .
« Last post by Bad Penny II on Today at 04:13:41 PM »
Are pumpkin seeds even digestible? :notsure: Unless of course the whole point of swallowing them is because they're not... ;D

Heart and liver health. Pumpkin seeds are rich in omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, antioxidants, and fiber. This combination has benefits for both the heart and liver. The fiber in pumpkin seeds helps lower the total amount of cholesterol in the blood and decrease the risk of heart disease.

By Dr. Mercola

If you're in the mood for a chewy snack that doubles as a phenomenal health food, look no further than pumpkin seeds.

With a wide variety of nutrients ranging from magnesium and manganese to copper, protein and zinc, pumpkin seeds are nutritional powerhouses wrapped up in a very small package. They also contain plant compounds known as phytosterols and free-radical scavenging antioxidants,1 which can give your health an added boost.

Because these are high-fiber seeds, they’re able to boost your fiber intake, helping you reach the ideal amount of 50 grams per 1,000 calories consumed.

Are you going to doubt Dr. Mercola Phinx?

« Last post by xSilverPhinx on Today at 04:08:01 PM »
Does anybody here remember some weird belief they had when they were a kid? I remember when I was growing up I was afraid to eat seeds because I believed they would grow inside me and eventually explode a hole in my belly like a baby xenomorph from the Alien series...

I had a very, erm, fertile imagination back in the day.
Laid Back Lounge / Re: Reasons to be cheerful!
« Last post by Dragonia on Today at 04:05:45 PM »
I like it a lot! My guess is the "bod" is laundry? And is the room next to that just storage?
I also wonder if the entryway has an extra door. I know in Alaska, many homes have an Arctic Entry, which is almost like a little entry room, to be a barrier for cold air coming in to the house.
It would make sense, considering where you are. Which, by the way, is very beautiful also. All that shining white snow, your hills and trees beyond..... it's just lovely.
« Last post by xSilverPhinx on Today at 04:01:39 PM »
« Last post by Bad Penny II on Today at 03:54:08 PM »
Does anyone remember Monty Python and the Holy Grail?

Yes I remember Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
I also remember the holy hand grenade of Antioch.  >:(

Does Anybody Here Remember how to make pumpkin seed palatable?

I had a couple of goes with small pumpkin seeds, results were kinda nyeerrr
I did what the internet told me to do to some larger seeds, boil, salt bake.
They are rather chewy, not entirely unpleasant.
Are they doing me good or is it wasted mastication?
If you weren't eating them you'd probably be nibbling a grain wave, or attempting to nibble out a fish shape from a round sour cream and chives rice cake.
Laid Back Lounge / Re: Should we talk about the weather?
« Last post by xSilverPhinx on Today at 03:17:02 PM »
Argh, it's going to rain this afternoon.

I dunno, don't like sun, don't like rain. 'Spose you are just fussy and like it dry and coolish?   :eyeroll:

Not too dry (where I'm from, central-western Brazil, it gets very dry) but not too humid either. I don't mind the sun when it isn't too hot, and I don't mind the rain when it isn't falling on me.  ;D

I guess I am fussy. :P
« Last post by xSilverPhinx on Today at 03:14:03 PM »
What's the problem, were you planning to be outside?

Yes, but there's another problem...my internet service provider is so bad that when it rains, internet fails. Therefore, when it's raining I feel like I've been suddenly ejected into the distant past.
« Last post by Dave on Today at 03:09:51 PM »
Argh, it's going to rain this afternoon.

I dunno, don't like sun, don't like rain. 'Spose you are just fussy and like it dry and coolish?   :eyeroll:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10