News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Steve Irwin Dies......from a STINGRAY attack!

Started by Big Mac, September 04, 2006, 08:01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Mac

So the Great Croc Hunter dies today.....from being stung by a stingray. No no, not a gator or a cobra or a mamba....a fucking stingray! Ironic isn't it? I have always said that he'll get mauled one of these days, I didn't mean he'd get killed in the wussiest way to go!

It's like ten thousand spoons when all you neeed is a knife.....
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

Tom62

Apparently the death of Steve Irvin has been videotaped. Can't wait for the first website to show it.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Big Mac

It probably won't pop up, the queensland cops have taken the said video into custody. The guy is like the Batman of deadly animals, some people would pay king's ransoms for it. After all these years of tempting deadly, violent, strong, venomous animals, a pussy ass stingray kills him. Granted it stabbed him in the heart but what are the odds?

Tom62

Must have been God's Will  :lol:
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

ContraCostan

Quote from: "Big Mac"...a pussy ass stingray kills him. Granted it stabbed him in the heart but what are the odds?

Imagine it Mac. If you had the abilty to do that to a tormentor. Whip out a part of your spine and ram it through his heart.

I doubt anyone would call you "pussy ass"

Well, not to your face anyway  :shock:
*"The sailor does not pray for wind, he learns to sail"
-Gustaf Lindborg

Big Mac

I think he kind of got his come uppings. After all those years of pissing off vipers, crocs, and other animals that were going about their own damn business, one of them finally fights back. That'd be cool to have a poinsonious spine to jab people with.

SpiralExit

I'm too sorry for him, but he died in the way he always wanted, "wild life"..

ContraCostan

Well shut my mouth! If anyone thought there was any undue criticism of him in this forum, check out what Ms Greer had to say.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/09/0 ... topstories

Comments?
*"The sailor does not pray for wind, he learns to sail"
-Gustaf Lindborg

Tom62

It is for me the first time that I agree with a feminist.
Robert A. Heinlein

MommaSquid

I don't think it's the right time for Ms. Greer's criticism.  The man just died....let the family grieve.

Squid

This lady has performed a little psychological process right before everyone's eyes.  She has first, singled out a celebrity many adored.  Utilizing a situation usually for reverence of the deceased, she has utilized it as a catalyst for her own needs.  She hangs the crux of her argument on an anthropomorphization of animals and the persecuation complex of a long-time zealot feminist.

She utilizes fallacious argumentation such as:

Quote"He would tell you how dangerous they were and he would proceed to intrude on their space and humiliate (them) really -- treat them with massive insensitivity," she said. "It's no surprise he came to grief."

Humuliation is not a wide "feeling" found in most other species.  It is a human concept developed from our very complex social systems.  Also, I severely doubt that the animals showcased on Steve's shows were concerned with if it's emotional needs were being met and if Steve understood its vulnerability and sensitivity - again, human concepts transposed upon the animals Steve worked with.  This could be akin to the old concept of projection.

Projection is an old psychological concept whereby a person will "project" their fears, prejudices, inadequacies, et al. onto someone else.  While it is a product of psychoanalysis of which I am skeptical, I don't think this defense mechanism is completely without merit.

Another example of how smart people do dumb shit when their ideology gets in the mix.

I consider Greer on par with Ann Coulter.

McQ

Quote from: "Squid"This lady has performed a little psychological process right before everyone's eyes.  She has first, singled out a celebrity many adored.  Utilizing a situation usually for reverence of the deceased, she has utilized it as a catalyst for her own needs.  She hangs the crux of her argument on an anthropomorphization of animals and the persecuation complex of a long-time zealot feminist.

She utilizes fallacious argumentation such as:

Quote"He would tell you how dangerous they were and he would proceed to intrude on their space and humiliate (them) really -- treat them with massive insensitivity," she said. "It's no surprise he came to grief."

Humuliation is not a wide "feeling" found in most other species.  It is a human concept developed from our very complex social systems.  Also, I severely doubt that the animals showcased on Steve's shows were concerned with if it's emotional needs were being met and if Steve understood its vulnerability and sensitivity - again, human concepts transposed upon the animals Steve worked with.  This could be akin to the old concept of projection.

Projection is an old psychological concept whereby a person will "project" their fears, prejudices, inadequacies, et al. onto someone else.  While it is a product of psychoanalysis of which I am skeptical, I don't think this defense mechanism is completely without merit.

Another example of how smart people do dumb shit when their ideology gets in the mix.

Well said, Squid! Well said!
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Big Mac

I personally did not like Steve Irwin. I think he tormented animals, though I agree blows to animals' pride is not widespread though it exists. Hence we have leaders of packs and herds who are dominant. Dogs seem to possess such emotions on a smaller range. I think Irwin finally got his just desserts after all this time showing how he could mess with deadly animals and get away with it in such a cocky manner. However, I still acknowledge he was a human being and deserves to be allowed to rest finally. I merely jest about his death because it's ironic a sting ray killed him and not a gator or a cobra.

Tom62

I didn't like steve Irwin either, nor all this commotion about his death.  What I also don't like is that when someone dies you are supposed to say nothing bad about that person. BTW: has anyone of you seen the episode where he is feeding a crocodile with his one month old baby son in his arm? Now that was pretty irresponsible!
Robert A. Heinlein

joeactor

Quote from: "McQ"
Quote from: "Squid"This lady has performed a little psychological process right before everyone's eyes.  She has first, singled out a celebrity many adored.  Utilizing a situation usually for reverence of the deceased, she has utilized it as a catalyst for her own needs.  She hangs the crux of her argument on an anthropomorphization of animals and the persecuation complex of a long-time zealot feminist.

Well said, Squid! Well said!

(*golf clap*)

If you liked him or hated him, it's not too hard to have a little respect for the family.  It's one thing for us to have opinions on a private forum, and quite another to broadcast your opinions in public.

Measure twice, cut once...