News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Could God Be Considered An Atheist?

Started by Breatharian, March 04, 2018, 04:07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breatharian

Could God be considered an atheist? Even though I don't believe in God, I still find this question interesting, since God is "the god", then what god could he worship?

Recusant

Can an engineer be considered somebody who doesn't believe that engineers exist? :notsure:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Recusant on March 04, 2018, 04:42:00 PM
Can an engineer be considered somebody who doesn't believe that engineers exist? :notsure:

I'm trying to think of a logically valid answer but can't. :lol:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Old Seer

God, the term, is nothing more then a people thing when a question comes about that has no answer. So. "God' fills the bill. When one contemplates the usage of the "word" it means different things. The main thing it apples to is , power. The most outstanding use leads to " that which rules", meaning, whatever something or someone is subject to that manipulates, causes, or forces. God rules the universe in terms of the laws of physics. If god then (in this case) is the rule of physics the the forces that rule the universe are God. God then, is the "forces that rule". The "force' need not be intelligent as one can understand. So then. it is an intelligent being that can only ask, what is God?

Without an intellectual being God cannot become a "who". Only a person/psychological can be a who as it is the psychological that can be "person". If there be at any time a person in past times that had a question that they could not answer they can make a problem be believed to be caused by a "Who".  IE,  20,000 years ago the wind blows a tree over and is seen by a person. The observer has no idea (at that time in the past) what the wind is caused by or how it blew the tree over. The person attempt to find a cause but to no avail. So, the person then can relate to the forces involved as another person that cannot be seen. Eventually the non-real person can be termed "God" as an explanation of anything that cannot be understood.

On the overall, the unknown force equals a power that is misunderstood. God then, is also that which is the powers of the psychological/person over another person. Instead of an individual being ruled by God/nature (in this case the self) they become ruled by another.  In this case, the one taking ruler ship becomes God over the other, which in turn means that God became a "who".
Being that intellect cannot exist outside a brain there can be no such thing as a God Who, that rules the universe. Intellect is not a free floater and has to be attached to, or originate from something physical.

God "who" then, as a fee floater running the universe cannot be true, and is an excuse for things that cannot be explained. The term God then, when it applies to people/persons is an excuse to rule others, who they then need no permission from anyone to rule over  others when the ones who rule claim to have permission from "God" to do so---with no way to prove there is such a character.   
The only thing possible the world needs saving from are the ones running it.
Oh lord, save us from those wanting to save us.
I'm not a Theist.

Bluenose

Well,  if (and that's a big if) god exists then she could not believe in herself, as she would have certain knowledge.  So given that atheist means without belief in a deity, if god exists, logically she would have to be an atheist.  ;)
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Arturo

God would be having one hell of an existential crisis.

God believes in the non-existence of itself, so therefore God does not exist.

You think, therefore you are.

God does not share the present reality at the very best chance God exists at all.

God would have to be far away, so far that we will never see him, and nobody will ever know he exists, ever.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Gnostic Christian Bishop

Quote from: Breatharian on March 04, 2018, 04:07:32 PM
Could God be considered an atheist? Even though I don't believe in God, I still find this question interesting, since God is "the god", then what god could he worship?

Yahweh is a jealous God and would only worship himself, if he can ignore his own genocidal son murdering ways. That would take quite a delusional mind.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Christian Bishop

God believes other Gods exist. That is obvious from the first commandment where he command us not to put any other God above him.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Christian Bishop

Quote from: Old Seer on March 12, 2018, 03:26:03 AM
God, the term, is nothing more then a people thing when a question comes about that has no answer. So. "God' fills the bill. 

Many are using the term, fills the Gap.

Many of the religions now have allocated their God to the Gap just before the Big Bang as they do did evolution respect as a law and science.

I see science as also putting their highest ideals and ideas in that same Gap since they are without a proven theory on the multiverse  or multidimensional ideas.

They have equations that work for both a 9 universe multi verse as well as a 12 dimension model. Those and their brane ideas likely means that they will be in their own Gap for many years to come.

Regards
DL

Old Seer

Quote from: Gnostic Christian Bishop on March 15, 2018, 09:12:15 PM
God, the term, is nothing more then a people thing when a question comes about that has no answer. So. "God' fills the bill. 

Many of the religions now have allocated their God to the Gap just before the Big Bang as they do did evolution respect as a law and science.

I see science as also putting their highest ideals and ideas in that same Gap since they are without a proven theory on the multiverse  or multidimensional ideas.

They have equations that work for both a 9 universe multi verse as well as a 12 dimension model. Those and their brane ideas likely means that they will be in their own Gap for many years to come.

Regards
DL
Over time, Science wins the argument. Galileo proved it so.
But now the Pope has a neat trick by declaring (infallibly of course)that Adam is a religion fact, and evolution is a science fact. A ridiculous assertion and an impossibility, but it keeps believers believing.
God mostly is a socially induced need that one needs someone they don't need.
I'm not a Theist.

Recusant

Quote from: Gnostic Christian Bishop on March 15, 2018, 09:05:36 PM

God believes other Gods exist. That is obvious from the first commandment where he command us not to put any other God above him.

Here you are assuming something outside of evidence (namely that YHVH actually exists). All that can honestly be inferred here is that those who wrote the book believed that the god they worshipped didn't want them worshipping other gods.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Gnostic Christian Bishop

Quote from: Old Seer on March 16, 2018, 01:46:16 PM
Quote from: Gnostic Christian Bishop on March 15, 2018, 09:12:15 PM

Regards
DL
Over time, Science wins the argument. Galileo proved it so.
But now the Pope has a neat trick by declaring (infallibly of course)that Adam is a religion fact, and evolution is a science fact. A ridiculous assertion and an impossibility, but it keeps believers believing.
God mostly is a socially induced need that one needs someone they don't need.

U C 20/20 on this.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Christian Bishop

Quote from: Recusant on March 16, 2018, 02:26:14 PM

Here you are assuming something outside of evidence (namely that YHVH actually exists). All that can honestly be inferred here is that those who wrote the book believed that the god they worshipped didn't want them worshipping other gods.

I do not assume that such a vile God exists. If he did, the Haig would want him for his crimes against humanity.

I am just showing what the dogma is.

Regards
DL

Old Seer

Quote from: Recusant on March 16, 2018, 02:26:14 PM

The Jewish religion has it that-- God is incomprehensible and cannot be known. That being the case then YHVH can only mean---"We don't know". So how is it that the peoples of the world keep following a person they don't know. Those who preside over what they consider Christianity have quite closely the same perspective. It's evident that eventually Atheism will win out.
I'm not a Theist.

Magdalena

Well, this is nice.

It's not everyday that you see a Gnostic Christian Bishop; Made of Star Stuff, talking about what he believes regarding a topic that was started by a Nazi Satanist, in an atheist forum with atheists, humanists, gnostics, deists, witches, etc.

This is fascinating.  :popcorn:

~That's all, please continue...

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant