News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Quote from: Gloucester on July 20, 2016, 02:38:54 PM
At our hospital you get the first 15 minutes free.
Enough for a quick appendectomy, yes?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Recusant

Quote from: Gloucester on July 20, 2016, 02:38:54 PMAt our hospital you get the first 15 minutes free.

Went for a blood test and the clinic was empty, no waiters, and the phlebotobist was fast and not chatty and I got back to the machine with one minute to go of my 15.

And there were two old ladies rummaging around in the depths of their handbags for the last 50p needed to pay their fee at the one machine that was working. I stuck 50p of my own in the slot, handed them their ticket, got mine sorted and was off before they caught up with events! Left them standing, open mouthed with hands still in bags.

Saved me £1.30.

Quick thinking, and you must be relatively fast on your feet. Well done.  :)

The parking for the English hospital I've visited several times is not so forgiving, I think. Unless you're moving very quickly, it can take a good five minutes or more to get from the parking spot to the hospital itself. I'm not sure, but I doubt they even offer 15 minutes' free parking. There's been talk in the community and in the local paper about the truly dreadful parking there for many years.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Velma

So far, in my experience here in Missouri, I've run into a few different arrangements. My husband gets most of his medical care at a Veterans' Administration hospital. It has free valet parking. My rheumatologist has her office in a medical tower attached to a very large hospital, it has free valet parking service or you can park yourself for free. The hospital proper has paid valet parking or a pay-by-the-hour parking garage. The latter two seem to be the most common at the larger hospitals. The smaller ones have no valet parking, but do have a free parking lot in front of the hospital.

If you have to pay for parking, visiting someone in the hospital can get very expensive very quickly.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

xSilverPhinx

It's Friday today ( :jumps:), but everything goes back to normal on Monday. :(

Holidays (sort of) are over!
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Buddy

It is currently 2:54am. I have to get up for work at 4:45. I can't sleep and I haven't been able to fall asleep easily for a few weeks now. This just started up for no particular reason. I'm so tired and at the end of my rope. Like, my mother even have me one of her Ativan pills which usually knocks me the hell out but nope, still awake.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Dave

Quote from: Buddy on July 30, 2016, 07:57:58 AM
It is currently 2:54am. I have to get up for work at 4:45. I can't sleep and I haven't been able to fall asleep easily for a few weeks now. This just started up for no particular reason. I'm so tired and at the end of my rope. Like, my mother even have me one of her Ativan pills which usually knocks me the hell out but nope, still awake.

Been there, Buddy, and I fear never found the solution then.

Years, and real threats to my life, have informed me that getting wound up about things you cannot immediately effect beneficial change on is a waste on physical, mental and emotional energy.

Sorry, seems like a hard lesdon but, if it is something like this change of job, all you can do is orepare your case and your mind. The person making the decision will have his or her motivations that you cannot affect.

"Luck favours the prepared mind", does not fully apply here but the anxious mind does not perform well. Meditation helps some, a pair of boxing mitts and a punch bag helps others. Though of sort of religious origin the old saw about being able to tell the difference between the mutable and the immutable and acting on the first whilst accepting the second also applies.

Still rooting for you, Buddy, keep your chin uo and look the problem in the eye!

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Buddy

Thanks Gloucester. That was very comforting to read.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Guardian85

Quote from: Buddy on July 30, 2016, 07:57:58 AM
I hate when that happens. Usually hits me when there is something significant on my mind. Spent most of last winter like that.  :-\
The good news is that it does eventually tend to pass.
Beyond that, Glouchester speaks words of wisdom. 
I'd recommend a nightcap, but that might not be the best idea in this case.  ;)

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Buddy

The thing is that when this whole nonsense started, I didn't even have anything important enough to keep me awake. My stupid ADD won't let me stop thinking long enough to fall asleep. Or at least that's what I'm blaming it on this time.

Guardian85

Quote from: Buddy on July 31, 2016, 03:24:20 AM
The thing is that when this whole nonsense started, I didn't even have anything important enough to keep me awake. My stupid ADD won't let me stop thinking long enough to fall asleep. Or at least that's what I'm blaming it on this time.
Must be nice to have something to blame. ;)

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Asmodean

Quote from: Guardian85 on July 31, 2016, 02:26:46 PM
Must be nice to have something to blame. ;)
Blame the pharmacist. Always works for me.  >:(
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Arturo

I have no reason to be grumpy today. So let's try to spread some good joy.

Well sounds like you are pretty angry. Do you take something for your ADD that can make you word out by the time you want to sleep? Maybe you need your meds adjusted if this is the case. I'm sorry this is happening to you. ADD is a problem, I can tell.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Buddy

Well I got passed over for a promotion at work because my supervisor didn't want another woman on day shift. I'm so close to quitting.

Tank

Quote from: Buddy on August 01, 2016, 12:51:08 PM
Well I got passed over for a promotion at work because my supervisor didn't want another woman on day shift. I'm so close to quitting.
What The Fuck!!!!  >:(
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

Quote from: Buddy on August 01, 2016, 12:51:08 PM
Is your super male or female, Buddy?
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74