News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumbojak

I have been seriously thinking about something for special occasions. Should those ever arise.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Buddy on November 08, 2019, 02:53:46 PM
Quote from: hermes2015 on November 08, 2019, 08:48:38 AM
Quote from: Buddy on November 07, 2019, 04:41:24 PM
My new cologne that I got for free just came in the mail

What brand is it?

Yes, I know, I'm a label queen.

Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue. I got the men's version because it smelled better.

Men's perfumes smell better. It is known. :smilenod:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: hermes2015 on November 08, 2019, 01:07:01 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 08, 2019, 12:45:37 PM
Started moving my stuff to the new apartment, pictures will be posted shortly :grin:

If you need an interior designer, my fee is quite reasonable.

At first I read 'free' there!  :P

xSilverPhinx

:woohoo!: I just remembered it's Friday!

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Icarus

JJ: one of my favorite Colognes was branded under the name GUNK.  It is/was a degreaser compound that is water soluble and does a thorough job of cleaning greasy- oily motorcycles, tractors, and whatever needed a good cleansing bath..  The main component was Creolic acid (are you there chemist wizard Hermes?)  It left a decidedly clean smell but only appealed to gear heads like you, me BR, and a few others of the busted knuckle clan.

In fact I like the scent of a freshly bathed body that has been recently cleansed with LAVA soap..  Twenty Mule Team Borax also leaves a pleasing but subtle scent after scrubbing with it.

Waqaaaaay back in the olden days there was a ferfume called Blue Waltz.  It was enormously popular and never failed to cause me to wretch.  I used to ride the street car/trolley car in Tampa.  The Latinos seemed to favor that sickeningly sweet smell. I have more than once pulled the cord to stop the trolley so that I could escape the overwhelming and wretch worthy pollution from that damned stuff.  It was anything but pheremone laden.

Dark Lightning

LAVA soap was a good scrubber, but you had to use that bar like a scrub brush. Gunk worked well. I personally liked ANCO brand hand cleanser. It hasn't been produced for many years, and I see ads on feebay for boxes of "NOS" cleanser.  ::) I do actually have a box of it (ANCO hand cleanser) still, in the front bathroom. It really does a job of cleaning grease off of one's hands, and even gets the gasoline smell off, as advertised.

hermes2015

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 08, 2019, 05:28:14 PM
Quote from: hermes2015 on November 08, 2019, 01:07:01 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 08, 2019, 12:45:37 PM
Started moving my stuff to the new apartment, pictures will be posted shortly :grin:

If you need an interior designer, my fee is quite reasonable.

At first I read 'free' there!  :P

Ha, wishful thinking! But as a fellow HAFer I will give you 100% off from my usual fee of US$1000 per square meter.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

Quote from: Icarus on November 09, 2019, 12:59:04 AM
JJ: one of my favorite Colognes was branded under the name GUNK.  It is/was a degreaser compound that is water soluble and does a thorough job of cleaning greasy- oily motorcycles, tractors, and whatever needed a good cleansing bath..  The main component was Creolic acid (are you there chemist wizard Hermes?)  It left a decidedly clean smell but only appealed to gear heads like you, me BR, and a few others of the busted knuckle clan.

In fact I like the scent of a freshly bathed body that has been recently cleansed with LAVA soap..  Twenty Mule Team Borax also leaves a pleasing but subtle scent after scrubbing with it.

Waqaaaaay back in the olden days there was a ferfume called Blue Waltz.  It was enormously popular and never failed to cause me to wretch.  I used to ride the street car/trolley car in Tampa.  The Latinos seemed to favor that sickeningly sweet smell. I have more than once pulled the cord to stop the trolley so that I could escape the overwhelming and wretch worthy pollution from that damned stuff.  It was anything but pheremone laden.

Yes, I'm here! I don't know the creolic acid you refer to, but it could have been carbolic acid or cresylic acid.

Smells are very good memory triggers. To me, the chlorine smell of swimming pool chemicals is very evocative of the steam baths I used to visit as a young man.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

Quote from: jumbojak on November 08, 2019, 05:14:55 PM
I have been seriously thinking about something for special occasions. Should those ever arise.

The converse is also also true: the special occasions will arise after you find a fragrance that works well with your body chemistry. One way to tell that a scent is right for you is if you can't smell it on yourself after 20 minutes. Others will, though, and will flock to you like iron filings to a magnet.
― Charles Eames

Tom62

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 08, 2019, 12:44:30 PM
Quote from: Tom62 on November 08, 2019, 06:40:54 AM
Got my first job offer. Isn't so much interesting though because it is an IT consultancy job. Pays quite decently (80,000 EUR), but it most likely means travelling from one customer to another in different parts of Germany.

Do you like to travel on business?

No, I rather stay at home in bed and get sleeping rich.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

billy rubin

got a call at midnight

no work today

so ill get to watch my daughter play french horn in the state level high school band competition today

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on November 09, 2019, 10:41:58 AM
got a call at midnight

no work today

so ill get to watch my daughter play french horn in the state level high school band competition today

LOL Excellent. But I had to read that a few times before I realised it was missing a ' ;D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

billy rubin

Quote from: Tank on November 09, 2019, 11:09:30 AM
Quote from: billy rubin on November 09, 2019, 10:41:58 AM
got a call at midnight

no work today

LOL Excellent. But I had to read that a few times before I realised it was missing a ' ;D

the apoztrophe button on my touch screen keyboard3 is approximately the size of donald trumps inner organ of human compassion.

not easy to find

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."