News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

Grits are good too JJ. Them damned Yankees put sugar on their grits.

Magdalena

I'm having a Zinfandel.
Brand name: Predator

Delicious!

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Buddy

I've officially run out of fucks to give this year, so I impulsively got a piercing.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

billy rubin

my 18 year old daughter just consulted me about a nose piercing. i told her subtle was generally better with this. dunno what shell be doing, but at least she asked.

set the function, not the mechanism.

Buddy

Quote from: billy rubin on November 17, 2019, 01:11:40 AM
my 18 year old daughter just consulted me about a nose piercing. i told her subtle was generally better with this. dunno what shell be doing, but at least she asked.

Honestly, nose piercings aren't really a big deal anymore. More jobs are allowing them nowadays. I used to have mine pierced but it closed up unfortunately. I wish I could have it pierced again but my job wouldn't allow it.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

billy rubin

i had my ears pierced almost 50 years ago. back when it could get you beaten up outside the bar. cultures change.

hot iron branding never caught on

billy rubin

the kitten from the woodpile has survived and has estblished itself in the ways that only kittens can do

Icarus

BR if that is you, then I salute you for being a compassionate man of considerable substance.  If not you, then I salute that distinguished looking gentleman in the picture.

Magdalena

Quote from: billy rubin on November 19, 2019, 09:59:28 PM
the kitten from the woodpile has survived and has estblished itself in the ways that only kittens can do

Awwwww, how cute! Your cat looks just like the one I have. :love:
~It's also nice to "meet" you, billy rubin.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

billy rubin

yah, that's me, for better or for worse. and that's the dorian that crawled out of the dead-out beehives a week or two back the night before a substantial freeze.

we have at the moment at least nine dorians: otis blood, this one, bhisma oliver, and then sneezy, crumple, bobtail, and two that i can't tell apart, and two more small dorians from the same litter as this one. then there are two tiger kittens, a calico, a yellow, a black kitten, a light brown, two striped adults, and maybe some more adult dorians from earlier in the year.

how many is that?  seventeen, i guess. and some weird-looking ones:

Magdalena

Quote from: billy rubin on November 20, 2019, 12:21:44 AM
how many is that?  seventeen, i guess. and some weird-looking ones:

Dark Lightning

Fugiza "dorian"? And those cats ought to be earning their keep, and acing those possums.  :???:

billy rubin

dorian is what my children call all the gray cats. some obscure oscar wilde humor, i believe

the possums ignore the cats. they ignore the chickens, too, so i don't mind them.

the raccoons are a bitch tho

Dark Lightning

Dorian Gray!  ;D Those trash pandas are creepy. We have a family that lives around here. The crawl up the wall at the front of the house that gives partial privacy for the porch. It's covered with stucco, and it's getting scraped off by their claws. I'm going to put some hardware cloth or something on it to deter that.

billy rubin

i think the hardware cloth will just give them better access?

coons are fascinating animals, but they're death on chickens and beehives.