News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: Siz on October 21, 2019, 09:07:59 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on October 21, 2019, 12:25:41 AM
^^^
There's a definite 'stirring' theme going on in your GIF posts recently, Mags.
Well, I believe that I have earned the right to stir --stuff-- around here.   :reading:

Quote from: Amicale on April 12, 2012, 06:01:58 AM
Spoons - because we stir up shit  ;D
Knives - because we cut through bad arguments.
Forks - because we eat up the camaraderie here.
Corkscrews - because we like winers, but not whiners.

See? It works!

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Ecurb Noselrub

It's Friday, and we are going out of town to stay in a cool, new hotel.  I haven't had anything to drink all week - savin' it up for Friday night.  Got a good raise, getting a good bonus in about a month  - all is well.

Buddy

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on October 25, 2019, 05:05:05 PM
It's Friday, and we are going out of town to stay in a cool, new hotel.  I haven't had anything to drink all week - savin' it up for Friday night.  Got a good raise, getting a good bonus in about a month  - all is well.

Nice! Sounds like a fun weekend ahead for you guys
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on October 25, 2019, 05:05:05 PM

Good news.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tom62

I've attended three job interviews this week alone; two will follow next week. One company already invited me for a second interview. Hopes are running high, that I'll not become unemployed  :).
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tom62 on October 25, 2019, 07:15:10 PM
I've attended three job interviews this week alone; two will follow next week. One company already invited me for a second interview. Hopes are running high, that I'll not become unemployed  :).

That's great, Tom!

*fingers crossed*
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

So there was like this week-long event at the university in which undergrads presented scientific work they carried out (in a lab, for instance). Both undergrads I took under my wing presented research -- one, her end of coursework and the other, my master's project results. 

Both of them did very well! The girl who presented my results won a best-of-session award!  :woohoo!: So proud of both!  :dance: :cheerful dance 2:

Unfortunately, I can't make it to the prize ceremony today and see her get her trophy...have to go to the dentist instead. *grumble*

Buddy

I joined HAF on this day 8 years ago  ;D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Bad Penny II

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Guardian85

Quote from: Buddy on October 21, 2019, 06:41:04 PM
Quote from: Tank on October 21, 2019, 05:40:36 PM
Quote from: Buddy on October 21, 2019, 04:45:51 PM
Just booked my flights for England and Norway. Got a great deal to, 800 for everything!

Ready to get your ass kicked at bowling again Siz?

Dates and times please if you want o meet up anywhere!

I fly into LHR Friday, October 2 and leave for Oslo Norway on the 6th. I don't have any solid plans but I am making a pit stop in oxford for a tour of the Mini Production plant. Other than that I am free to go anywhere.

I've gotta get in on this.  8)

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Buddy

Quote from: Guardian85 on November 02, 2019, 11:29:44 AM
Just booked my flights for England and Norway. Got a great deal to, 800 for everything!

I fly into LHR Friday, October 2 and leave for Oslo Norway on the 6th. I don't have any solid plans but I am making a pit stop in oxford for a tour of the Mini Production plant. Other than that I am free to go anywhere.

They do group tours! I think it would be awesome if we went all together!

Between the second job and a well timed quarterly bonus, I've officially paid off my hospital bills :frolic: :frolic:

Guardian85

Quote from: Buddy on November 03, 2019, 07:07:28 PM
Quote from: Guardian85 on November 02, 2019, 11:29:44 AM

They do group tours! I think it would be awesome if we went all together!

Between the second job and a well timed quarterly bonus, I've officially paid off my hospital bills :frolic: :frolic:
Good on the bills!

Maybe me and the girlfriend can come over and meet you all in London. Then fly to Norway with you.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Buddy

Sounds like a great idea. I can't wait to check out London nightlife

xSilverPhinx

Moving to a new apartment hopefully this Friday!