News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

What are you watching?

Started by Claireliontamer, October 31, 2015, 05:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom62

Ip Man: The Final Fight. Not so bad as I expected. The acting is quite good. It has some memorable scenes, but somehow the movie can't decide whether it wants to be a biography (of Ip Man) or plain action flick.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Bad Penny II

Vikings.

AH! No Not Lagertha!  :'(
Beautiful wise, clever, brave, strong, loving, Lagertha.

I suffer and yet take comfort knowing the Valkyries will take her, greatest of shield maidens to Valhalla.  To be with Ragnar and her daughter and grandson.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

I saw 1917 the other night. It was brilliant.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

billy rubin

i dont see many movies; but i zaw thar one as well. i kept looking for the editsplicez and i think i spotted a few.

excellebt film

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

jumbojak

I hadn't heard anything about it before I sat down. By the thirty minute mark I realized that there had been zero cut scenes. That was an interesting effect when you aren't expecting it.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

billy rubin

long shots are super difficult. prior to this motion picture, the longest one i knew of was this from the picture hannah, with eric bana. three minutes

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Bad Penny II

Bad Penny II

Something with Jason Stratham in it that I ripped from a DVD I borrowed from the library I think.
Got wrong sound track, I'm getting the dialogue and descriptions from a pleasant female voice.

Nick sits motionless and then drops his hands
flash back to the six of diamonds landing and his chips sliding away
Nick smashes his glass on a thugs head
He beats them up slamming ones head on the bar
Nick stalks away a thug leaps out behind him, Nick hits him with a bottle
Then shoves a woman out of the way and fights a thug
Nick beats up two thugs with a tray
He flings the tray into a thug's throat and fights others
A thug hits Nick with a bottle, Nick jabs an ashtray into his throat
A thug swings a baton at Nick who dodges and then hits him with a bottle
Nick hits and trips him, Nick hits a thug and then presses his face against a clear panel
Nick kicks a thugs face, he takes out two thugs and slams a third's head on a table
Nick shoves chips in the thugs mouth,  a thug hits Nick, Nick knees his face and chokes him and slams his head into a poker machine.
Nick twist a thugs arm.  Cops approach guns drawn.

I'd never realised such poetic imagery was possible.

Magdalena

:popcorn:  I'm watching this movie:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

billy rubin

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Icarus

Not much to laugh about these days.  We need a bit of relief from the constant barrage of news about the virus.

Try a Netflix serial named: The Kaminsky Method.  In the series, Michael Douglas is running an acting school.  His urologist is Danny DeVito and his acquaintances are all well known Hollywood celebrities who do cameo appearances.  There are so many subtle lines by the actors that I cannot contain myself from laughing boisterously.  This is a fun series. Try it, you may like the relief.

Randy

Runaways - It's only on Hulu and it's based on a Marvel comic of the same name. It's a series and I think there are three seasons. It's about a group of teenagers, about seventeen years of age, who stumble onto a ritual their parents are performing including a human sacrifice. It's quite interesting.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Sandra Craft

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany