News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Started by Big Mac, July 25, 2006, 05:53:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Mac

Okay is HPV only affect women or can men get it as well? If so can men get cervical cancer? (I know they can't get the last one but I'm curious if men would be able to contract this virus.)

Onlyme, I've already told you what my sig means, next time, pm me.
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

MommaSquid

Quote from: "Big Mac"Okay is HPV only affect women or can men get it as well?
Yes, men can get and transmit HPV.

Everything you wanted to know about        HPV but were afraid to ask.

McQ

Quote from: "Big Mac"Okay is HPV only affect women or can men get it as well? If so can men get cervical cancer? (I know they can't get the last one but I'm curious if men would be able to contract this virus.)

Onlyme, I've already told you what my sig means, next time, pm me.

How does penile cancer grab you? Yep. Seriously.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Big Mac

Yeah I read that part. Dude, who in their sane minds would be against a vaccine against this thing?!

McQ

Quote from: "Big Mac"Yeah I read that part. Dude, who in their sane minds would be against a vaccine against this thing?!

No kidding! Thousands preventable cancers and deaths have the potential to be wiped away, in the US alone. This is huge.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Big Mac

I sure as hell would want them to start vaccinating kids when they enter middle school. Aren't they also developing an AIDS vaccine? I remember Jerry Falwell claiming it'll encourage gays to live out an immoral lifestyle. He doesn't realize straight people get AIDS also(well actually HIV, seeing as AIDS is really a syndrome that is brought on by HIV).

Whitney

Quote from: "Big Mac"I sure as hell would want them to start vaccinating kids when they enter middle school. Aren't they also developing an AIDS vaccine? I remember Jerry Falwell claiming it'll encourage gays to live out an immoral lifestyle. He doesn't realize straight people get AIDS also(well actually HIV, seeing as AIDS is really a syndrome that is brought on by HIV).

Falwell is a one track minded idiot...so it wouldn't surprise me if he's against an AIDS vaccine because he thinks it's only a homosexual disease.  Regardless of how someone feels about the various sexual acts and drug using which can cause a person to get HIV, nurses, doctors, and other caretakers are at risk.  Even the most careful person can accidentally prick their finger with a needle or snag a glove during operation.  If I remember correctly, we now have drugs which can be taken within 48 hours of exposure to prevent infection.  However, a vaccine would further help to protect men and women in the medical profession, not only by protecting them from HIV but by lessening their exposure (the more people vaccinated the less AIDS patients).

Big Mac

Exactly. We can help reduce AIDS in Africa as well. He's against abortion but AIDS is even worse, it kills its victims in years, not a few minutes. I bet the second he got it he'd be all for vaccinations and cures. Televangilists make me want to take a shit.......on them.

silviakjell

hmm, can you tell me what your signature means? and whats pm?
I might be wrong, but Im pretty sure Im right.

Big Mac

PM is private message.

My sig translates into English: "Living I was your plague-dying, I shall be your death."

silviakjell

Hmm, how morbid.
I might be wrong, but Im pretty sure Im right.

Big Mac

Quote from: "silviakjell"Hmm, how morbid.

I read it off an Edgar Allen Poe story. It's one of the quotes he put up before commencing on another morbid tale of humanity.

Court

Oh, that's where I've heard that before. I just love Poe; he's awesome.
[size=92]
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of silent seas
[/size]
[size=92]
try having a little faith = stop using your brain for a while -- ziffel[/size]