News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Who is your favorite Saint?

Started by SisterAgatha, September 27, 2017, 04:30:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

No one

The problem with eating babies is they're not really nourishing. You have to eat 5 or 6 to feel full, plus much like Chinese food, you're hungry again 30 minutes later.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: No one on September 28, 2017, 11:46:18 PM
The problem with eating babies is they're not really nourishing. You have to eat 5 or 6 to feel full, plus much like Chinese food, you're hungry again 30 minutes later.

That's true No one, but I do like them Polish babies, especially stuffed in cabbage along with some pierogies and a side of pickled beets, yummy!
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Tank on September 28, 2017, 05:34:54 PM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on September 28, 2017, 04:53:24 PM
Are we certain that the Sister is for real, and not Old Git or Bad Penny or someone else?  Something just doesn't ring true.

I can confirm that SisterAgnes is not a sock puppet as I originally suggested/expected. And you're right (s)he is as much a nun as I am.

Oh, the mental image.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Magdalena on September 28, 2017, 04:17:32 PM

You must be around Jesus' shinning presence 24/7, yet you've called me, sassy, snarky, sad and lonesome.  :snicker:

It seems weird, but Sister Agatha is reminding me of those white people who get all bent out of shape over black athletes kneeling during the anthem.  I mean, it's a completely peaceful, even poetic, form of protest and yet so many white folks are getting so violently triggered.

And here's our Mags, with hardly a snark or sass in her (maybe some flippant humor, but that's not the same thing) getting called names and being subjected to armchair psychoanalysis.  It's weird; it's reacting to a playful kitten as if it's a hungry lion.
Sandy

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Father Bruno on September 28, 2017, 10:29:33 PM

Speaking of nuns I highly recommend to anyone here the book "Through the Narrow Gate, by Karen Armstrong. It's a memoir of life inside a Catholic convent. Karen was a sister for some time before leaving the order and is a wonderful author and lecturer. She is probably the most prolific writer of religion and religious history of our time. I've read about 5 of her books. "A History of God", and "Jerusalem: One City, Three Faiths" being two of my favorites and I highly recommend them.

Seconded -- Armstrong is my favorite writer on religion.
Sandy

Magdalena

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on September 29, 2017, 02:05:16 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on September 28, 2017, 04:17:32 PM

You must be around Jesus' shinning presence 24/7, yet you've called me, sassy, snarky, sad and lonesome.  :snicker:

It seems weird, but Sister Agatha is reminding me of those white people who get all bent out of shape over black athletes kneeling during the anthem.  I mean, it's a completely peaceful, even poetic, form of protest and yet so many white folks are getting so violently triggered.

And here's our Mags, with hardly a snark or sass in her (maybe some flippant humor, but that's not the same thing) getting called names and being subjected to armchair psychoanalysis.  It's weird; it's reacting to a playful kitten as if it's a hungry lion.
That's beautiful, BooksCatsEtc.
You're beautiful.  :tellmemore:

I think I can handle it.  :snicker:
When "these people" show up at the forum, I like to stand at the door and say:

If they can't handle me, how will they handle The Asmo?
:haironfire:

:lol:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Magdalena on September 29, 2017, 03:30:16 AM

;D  And now I'm dying to know what's in building 433/435?

QuoteIf they can't handle me, how will they handle The Asmo?

:o  On second thought, I'd pay to see that.
Sandy

Magdalena

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on September 29, 2017, 03:52:34 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on September 29, 2017, 03:30:16 AM

;D  And now I'm dying to know what's in building 433/435?
I didn't see that.  :rofl:

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on September 29, 2017, 03:52:34 AM
QuoteIf they can't handle me, how will they handle The Asmo?

:o  On second thought, I'd pay to see that.
Yes! We should make it Pay-Per-View.
Make some money for the forum!

That would be an epic battle!
After The Asmo, it would be Davin!   
:tellmemore:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Bad Penny II

Quote from: OldGit on September 28, 2017, 07:40:35 PM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub
Are we certain that the Sister is for real, and not Old Git or Bad Penny or someone else?  Something just doesn't ring true.

Sorry, Bruce, it's not me!  But I agree that she's a bit fishy.

No it's not me, I've never had a sock puppet.
I've used a different coloured font to do something trollish.
I find all the "is it really Fred?" "are they really real?" stuff tiresome.
Anyway I've chosen to be welcoming so have donned one of my religiopudding outfits, a difficult choice.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Father Bruno on September 28, 2017, 11:50:24 PM
Quote from: No one on September 28, 2017, 11:46:18 PM

That's true No one, but I do like them Polish babies, especially stuffed in cabbage along with some pierogies and a side of pickled beets, yummy!

Sad thing is now I'm primarily a vegetarian, so eating babies is no longer part of my diet :'(

Tried one of those Tofubabies once, but it wasn't that good...texture was just wasn't the same. Plus, since it's made out of tofu it's got no soul, so like what's the point?

Quote from: Magdalena on September 28, 2017, 11:32:24 PM
Quote from: Father Bruno on September 28, 2017, 11:18:10 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on September 28, 2017, 10:57:22 PM
Quote from: Father Bruno on September 28, 2017, 10:29:33 PM
Most likely as others here have noted she isn't an actual nun...
This makes her a lying catholic. :foottap:
She should represent "her people" a little bit better.

AND...and, I'm getting tired of all the name calling: :sulk:
Quote from: SisterAgatha on September 28, 2017, 10:13:10 PM
OK. Ill spill the beans ;D!

I did read HDM about a year ago. To be honest I don't see what the whole fuss is about from either the Catholic Church or you jabbering atheists.

Well we do jabber sometimes Mags, you know....like that time we was sitting, and jabbering, and drinking, and smoking, and jabbering some more, and then we got like all jibber-jabbery about whether or not women should have to leave the seat up for men's convenience?

That was some jibber-jabbering shit!

Then we went out for beers and tamales 8)
All I remember from that day is the smoking and the beers...nothing else. :notsure:

Funny thing Mags, ever since I stopped drinking I noticed I don't "Jabber" near as much as I used to. I still "Jibber" occasionally, and once in a great while I'll "Jibber-Jabber", but not so much with the "Jabber". :???:
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."