News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Ark park failure blamed on atheists?

Started by joeactor, June 23, 2017, 01:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arturo

Quote from: Icarus on June 25, 2017, 06:35:51 PM
Kentucky has a governor who a similar simpleton.  The governor wants to have "prayer patrols" so that crime in Louisville will be diminished. http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2017/06/angry-kentucky-governor-matt-bevin-claims-cr

Come to think of it, Rand Paul is from Kentucky and he is also an odd ball, just not to the same extent as Ham and Bevin.  Could there be some correlation between the quirky behavior of Kentuckians and the fact that the state has an impressive array of distilleries of hard liquor. ?

My Mom's family is from Kentucky and that's where my sister lives. (That's right I have a sister and it's not magdalena or father bruno) Nothing happens there. I lived there for awhile myself so I should know. I was even admitted to the mental hospital there for awhile and that was even worse! There was only 1 tiny television on the wall in a big ass room with 5 chairs bolted to the floor and one poker table but no playing cards. People were so bored in there that a 50 or so man tried to knock down the door to get out lol They just told him he will be put in restraints if he did that lol
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Velma

Quote from: Claireliontamer on June 25, 2017, 07:16:39 PM
Quote from: Velma on June 25, 2017, 03:05:51 AM
Nothing at all to do with the fact that he put it in an area without any other attractions nearby or charged an admission fee that is out of reach of many of the people the park is aimed at.

I looked at the website out of interest and thought it seemed really expensive to take a family there.  There also doesn't look to be that much there, a big wooden boat and a few animals.
General admission for one day for two adults with two children over five is $136. That does not include parking which is $10 to $15. That's pretty steep for an attraction that is little more than a static exhibit. Add in a few souvenirs, meals, lodging, travel expenses, and you've priced yourself out of reach of most of your target audience. Plus, this is not like an amusement park where a family might go back to ride rides they missed on the first trip or to experience new amusements. You would have to do what museums do and put on special exhibits to boost attendance. Yet, you've limited yourself to a very specific moment in an ancient story. If you vary too much from that, you've lost your target audience's interest. It is the same thing he did with his creation museum, which is suffering from falling attendance and profits also. Ham painted himself into a corner with these exhibits and is lashing out to affix blame to anyone but himself.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

No one

Jinkies Velma, your statement is flooded with logic which just sunk Ham's argument. And just think, he may have gotten away with it if you weren't so meddling.

Velma

Yeah, darn me for meddling! But does it count since I don't have a dog?  :d'oh!:
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Tank

They should add exhibits 'Sex in the Bible'. That would get more people in.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on June 26, 2017, 01:02:26 PM

:rofl: Yes, I believe loads of Bible thumpers would flock to that place if there was such a exhibit.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

No one

tank:

Come to think of it, wouldn't that make some sponsors pull out?

Tank

Quote from: No one on June 26, 2017, 02:12:28 PM
tank:

Come to think of it, wouldn't that make some sponsors pull out?
But others would push in to replace them so they didn't miss out on any of the action.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Guardian85

QuoteRecently, a number of articles in the mainstream media, on blogs, and on well-known secularist group websites have attempted to spread propaganda to brainwash the public into thinking our Ark Encounter attraction is a dismal failure.
That damn near blew up my irony meter...  ::)

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

joeactor

Quote from: Guardian85 on July 18, 2017, 07:26:00 PM
QuoteRecently, a number of articles in the mainstream media, on blogs, and on well-known secularist group websites have attempted to spread propaganda to brainwash the public into thinking our Ark Encounter attraction is a dismal failure.

Ha! For sure...

Arturo

Quote from: joeactor on July 18, 2017, 07:34:29 PM
Quote from: Guardian85 on July 18, 2017, 07:26:00 PM

Ha! For sure...

And the Athiests said "it was a dismal failure" and it was a dismal failure. Amen.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Asmodean

...Well, of course it's the atheists!  ::)

I haven't been to that thing. Have you?

See? Atheists. 8)
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Recusant

Ken Ham's tricksy paper-shuffling is going to cost him a bundle.

"Kentucky Officials Have Ended the $18 Million Tax Rebate Deal With Ark Encounter" | Patheos

QuoteThe Creationists behind Ark Encounter initially said they were building a for-profit attraction in order to get a lot of perks, including a tourism-related tax rebate from the state of Kentucky worth more than $18 million over ten years. But after the city of Williamstown said they would add a 50-cent surcharge to all tickets to pay for a safety fee, Ken Ham's team sold Ark Encounter to their own non-profit, Crosswater Canyon, because religious ministries are exempt from that kind of tax.

Earlier today, the Freedom From Religion Foundation announced that they had sent a letter to the Kentucky Tourism, Arts, and Heritage Cabinet notifying them that, because of the sale and new non-profit status, Ark Encounter is violating the terms of the tax rebate deal.

Guess what? They didn't need to do that. Because three days ago, a lawyer for the Kentucky Tourism, Arts, and Heritage Cabinet sent a letter to the lawyer for Ark Encounter saying the exact same thing.

[Continues . . .]

The Kentucky Tourism, Arts, and Heritage Cabinet must be controlled by atheists; it's the only explanation.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Asmodean

What's worse, not only are they atheist, but they are prolly Liberals as well, and don't own one gun between them. Oh, the humanity!
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Dave

A perfect example of how to screw your own pooch!

I love it!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74