News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Skyscrapers planned for 2015 in Seoul, South Korea

Started by Pharaoh Cat, December 10, 2011, 08:52:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pharaoh Cat

The pix below represent skyscrapers planned for 2015 in Seoul, South Korea.  As an experiment, look at the pix below before clicking the link for the article containing them.  The link is underneath the pix.

Here's the link to the article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2072308/MVRDV-architects-reveal-plans-South-Korean-buildings-look-eerily-like-Twin-Towers-exploding.html?ITO=1490

Prior to reading the article, did you think of 9/11?  Do you think anyone on the planet who had access to a TV or computer on 9/11 could fail to think of 9/11 when looking at these pix?  Do you care?

From a purely architectural standpoint, I admire the innovation.  

(Edited for grammar.)
"The Logic Elf rewards anyone who thinks logically."  (Jill)

The Magic Pudding

The interior looks like a giant lounge room wall unit, but that's OK I suppose.
The exterior calls out for hover cars.

Quote from: Pharaoh Cat on December 10, 2011, 08:52:37 AM
Do you think anyone on the planet who had access to a TV or computer on 9/11 could fail to think of 9/11 when looking at these pix?

But no one means South Korea any harm, right?  :-\

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Pharaoh Cat on December 10, 2011, 08:52:37 AM
Prior to reading the article, did you think of 9/11?  Do you think anyone on the planet who had access to a TV or computer on 9/11 could fail to think of 9/11 when looking at these pix?  Do you care?

From a purely architectural standpoint, I admire the innovation.  

(Edited for grammar.)

I didn't think of 9/11, I thought it looked like the buildings were sneezing.  It seems a rather odd thing to do, but then I understand the Australians made a building that looks like a pregnant clam.  The 9/11 building is innovative all right, but I don't think I'd feel comfortable living in the "sneeze" section.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Crow

I think these are amazing as you may have seen from my post in the laid back lounge topic on architecture. I initially thought that it was a memorial sticking a finger up at those that perpetrated the attacks of 911; saying you can knock us down but we will get back up and create a better space than we had before, but nope. The Tetris shaped windows are also bare cool.
Retired member.

The Magic Pudding

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

DeterminedJuliet

The first thing I thought was that it looks like the buildings have some kind of malignant tumour.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

history_geek

My first though when I saw the first picture was : "Why are they showing a picture of the World Tra....ooooh.... I see."

Other then that, I can only say that my inpression that the Koreans are slightly more mad then us Finns has been reinforced ;D
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C Clarke's Third Law
"Any sufficiently advanced alien is indistinguishable from a god."
Pierre-Simon, marquis de Laplace:
Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothése - I do not require that hypothesis[img]http://www.dakkadakka.com/s/i/a/4eef2cc3548cc9844a491b22ad384546.gif[/i

Ecurb Noselrub

Shades of 9-11, yes, but I find the connecting cubicles fascinating. Like trees, we fill space with creative architecture.  It's a whole new way of life.  We can do the same thing underground and under water.  What a phenomenal species we are.