News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Technocracy

Started by Prometheus, June 28, 2012, 08:47:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 30, 2012, 04:24:10 PM

Heheh.

But then would accountants be out of a job?

I shouldn't think so, accountants are excellent lackeys, who better to measure and record the obeisance of the populace, then report in a timely manner allowing the Grey One to efficiently unleash his wrath on the deserving?  Someone has to keep track of all the Asmo merchandising too.

xSilverPhinx

I think the Asmo would be very much pleased with this.

Though doubtless the Asmo also need shepherds aka priests to herd the populace? Such professionals are in high demand these days. 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Prometheus

lol, never said the system would be perfect(Such a system is impossible). I think tho, that things would change a lot. Right now the votes of the responsible citizens who bother researching and questioning our leaders motives and actions are drowned out by the more numerous citizens who aren't responsible and make knee jerk decisions based on hype and public opinion.

Democracy/republic is far from perfect itself. By its very nature it promotes oppression of the few by the many(If ideally operated). Contrary to this, the system is so corrupt and the many so ignorant and disorganized that it has instead allowed the few to handily oppreess the many economically :P
"There's a new, secret hazing process where each new member must track down and eliminate an old member before being granted full forum privileges.  10 posts is just a front.  Don't get too comfy, your day will come..."-PC

OldGit

Quote from: PrometheusRight now the votes of the responsible citizens who bother researching and questioning our leaders motives and actions are drowned out by the more numerous citizens who aren't responsible and make knee jerk decisions based on hype and public opinion.

I've always said that.  One-man-one-vote produces bad politicians and inconsistent policies.

En_Route

Quote from: OldGit on July 01, 2012, 08:37:42 AM
Quote from: PrometheusRight now the votes of the responsible citizens who bother researching and questioning our leaders motives and actions are drowned out by the more numerous citizens who aren't responsible and make knee jerk decisions based on hype and public opinion.

I've always said that.  One-man-one-vote produces bad politicians and inconsistent policies.

On the other hand, disenfranchising a large section of the population is likely to mean their interests will be overlooked and the democratic deficit will either lead to civil disorder or the void being filled by potentially sinister forces.
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

OldGit

I suppose that would be a danger, yes.  Hmm...

Prometheus

"There's a new, secret hazing process where each new member must track down and eliminate an old member before being granted full forum privileges.  10 posts is just a front.  Don't get too comfy, your day will come..."-PC

markmcdaniel

Quote from: OldGit on July 01, 2012, 08:37:42 AM

This is the problem with all forms of democratic governments. The need to appease the masses leads to very bad policies. Unfortunately failure to listen to them leads to civil unrest.
It appears to me (whether rightly or wrongly) that direct arguments against Christianity and theism produce hardly any effect on the public; and freedom of thought is best promoted by the gradual illumination of men's minds which follows from the advance of science - Charles Darwin

I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the object of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a god, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism. - Albert Einstein

Religion is a by product of fear. For much of human history, it may have been a necessary evil, but why was it more evil than necessary? Isn't killing people in the name of God a pretty good definition of insanity. - Arther C. Clarke

Faith means not wanting to know what is true. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Sweetdeath

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on June 30, 2012, 04:52:29 PM
I'd be happy with a system controlled by the Doctor.
Bring it on  ;D
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.