News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Rick Perry thread. Merged from MB101 and Gawen

Started by MadBomr101, December 07, 2011, 10:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Quote from: MadBomr101 on December 08, 2011, 12:19:49 AM
Quote from: Recusant on December 07, 2011, 11:43:25 PM
As of now, the youtube video of Perry's ad has nearly 22,700 "dislike" votes versus a little over 600 "like" votes. It may play all right in middle America and the south, but I think overall it's likely to hurt his campaign more than it helps.

Love it!

I logged in just to dislike it too.  I also find it hysterical that they didn't have the balls to enable comments probably knowing damn well how hard it would get slammed by the vast majority of the YouTube community.

Buncha pussies.   ;D

That amused me too
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

MadBomr101

As of now, 925 Likes and 39,084 Dislikes.  It's going to be kinda fun to watch high high the disparity of these numbers will go.
- Bomr
I'm waiting for the movie of my life to be made.  It should cost about $7.23 and that includes the budget for special effects.

Ecurb Noselrub

I don't think you have any worries about Perry being the GOP nominee or the President.  I just hope he doesn't try for or win another term as Texas governor.  I never realized how dumb he sounds until this campaign, as all my knowledge of him came through the printed word.  He really just doesn't have much upstairs, and it appears that people notice that. Looks like it's between Romney and Gingrich for the GOP nomination, and then a slugfest with Obama in November.  Right now, it's impossible to say who will come out on top, except that it won't be Perry.

MadBomr101

As of 10:00a this morning it's 3440 Likes and 154,315 Dislikes.  `This is an encouraging sign that maybe there's more people who aren't as dumb than I thought there were.
- Bomr
I'm waiting for the movie of my life to be made.  It should cost about $7.23 and that includes the budget for special effects.

Brent

Gov. Rick is done.  It's Newt we need to worry about now.  The guy sounds like a fascist sometimes.  For example, he doesn't want to pay janitors in public schools.  They can unionize and demand more money.  Instead, he'd have the kids clean up, for free of course.  Then they also learn "valuable" life skills.

Ron Paul is the only good choice this year.  It's nice that he appears to be running second or third, but I still don't think he will beat Gingrich unfortunately.

I guess it's cliche to ask at this point, but I want to go to Sweden too.  Nice stable economy, low socioeconomic differences, I've heard Swedish is easy to learn for English speakers, no religious people, and good education programs.  I've seriously been thinking about moving out of the country at some point in my life.
Quote from: Thomas JeffersonEvery generation needs a new revolution.

Quote from: Giovanni AuditoreA day will come when men no longer lie and cheat each other. And on that day, we will see what mankind is truly capable of.

Recusant

Quote from: Brent on December 08, 2011, 03:21:54 PM
Gov. Rick is done.  It's Newt we need to worry about now.

As I mentioned earlier, I agree with the first sentence. I don't think that the Republicans are foolish enough to actually nominate Gingrich, but if they do, then Obama should have very little trouble being re-elected.

Ron Paul is the only good choice this year.

That one, I cannot agree with. Paul's anti-imperialism is about the only position he's taken that I agree with. Looking through the record of legislation that he's sponsored, I find nothing commendable, and much that is simply contemptible. His "libertarianism" only extends to areas that are compatible with his strongly Christian beliefs, and his position on church-state separation is completely unacceptable. Ron Paul isn't a good choice, and he has no chance of getting the Republican nomination.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Brent

Quote from: Recusant on December 08, 2011, 06:57:21 PM
Gov. Rick is done.  It's Newt we need to worry about now.

As I mentioned earlier, I agree with the first sentence. I don't think that the Republicans are foolish enough to actually nominate Gingrich, but if they do, then Obama should have very little trouble being re-elected.

Ron Paul is the only good choice this year.

That one, I cannot agree with. Paul's anti-imperialism is about the only position he's taken that I agree with. Looking through the record of legislation that he's sponsored, I find nothing commendable, and much that is simply contemptible. His "libertarianism" only extends to areas that are compatible with his strongly Christian beliefs, and his position on church-state separation is completely unacceptable. Ron Paul isn't a good choice, and he has no chance of getting the Republican nomination.
The biggest reason I like Ron Paul is because he wants our troops home and he will work to end the Federal Reserve.  I know he isn't perfect, but I think he would do better with the economy than any of the other candidates. 
Quote from: Thomas JeffersonEvery generation needs a new revolution.

Quote from: Giovanni AuditoreA day will come when men no longer lie and cheat each other. And on that day, we will see what mankind is truly capable of.

Recusant

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

MadBomr101

6628 Like  301,031 Dislike

I'm curious to see how high this'll go.
- Bomr

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 07, 2011, 10:51:45 PM
If he gets in, I'm express shipping myself back to Sweden  ::)

If he gets in, my retirement may take place in Canada.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Gawen

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/upshot/rick-perry-ad-moves-194818044.html

Lies and deceit. Slams American soldiers laying their life on the line in foreign countries because of their sexual orientation. Wants to put faith back into the White House and stop Obama's war on religion.

I am ashamed to say I'm a transplanted, but nonetheless, Texan.
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor

MadBomr101

Quote from: Gawen on December 09, 2011, 11:07:03 PMI am ashamed to say I'm a transplanted, but nonetheless, Texan.

I feel for you.  I live in Florida...and I am ashamed as well.    :-[
- Bomr

MadBomr101

Quote from: Davin on December 09, 2011, 02:48:07 PM
Rick Perry - Weak, man

The Partisans - Funny, video.   ;D

Just FYI to all:  12,964 Like   494,153 Dislike - which proves something I've always suspected, there are at least 13,000 morons in this country, possibly more.
- Bomr

Chronos

Religion is a pyramid scheme with 501c3 tax-free status.