Photography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!

Started by Tank, June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hermes2015

Quote from: jumbojak on August 13, 2018, 03:36:44 PM
It's the same osprey taken on the same day with the same lens. The first one does look rather... off though. I did make a few adjustments in Darktable but I'm pretty sure they aren't exactly the same. The light changed that morning.

Do you see what I mean about the chromatic aberration? In the first photo there is a green band on the front edges of the wings and a magenta band on the back edges (better seen if you zoom in).
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dave

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Bluenose

Took this in the garden of a home I lived in a few years ago:

+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

jumbojak

Quote from: hermes2015 on August 13, 2018, 03:57:51 PM
Quote from: jumbojak on August 13, 2018, 03:36:44 PM
It's the same osprey taken on the same day with the same lens. The first one does look rather... off though. I did make a few adjustments in Darktable but I'm pretty sure they aren't exactly the same. The light changed that morning.

Do you see what I mean about the chromatic aberration? In the first photo there is a green band on the front edges of the wings and a magenta band on the back edges (better seen if you zoom in).

I do.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Dave

A Fish Eye in Gloucester:

King's Walk, leading to -

King's Square

The cathedral

And its entrance

A view of the docks

(The Pointy Thing:

QuoteThe work - dubbed The Candle - has been designed by Nottingham-based artist Wolfgang Buttress and is part of the city's regeneration project.
It has lines from the poem, Requiem, by the Gloucester writer, Ivor Gurney, engraved around the base.

Unfortunately the larger part of the Gloucester regeneration project never came into being, most of the land was sold to developers for commercial or housing, not civic amenities. The £5 million grant just got lost in admin and paying chief council officers large salaries (for ruining the city) etc. /grump)

I wanted to take a better picture of King's Walk but got chased out by a security type.

Dave

hermes2015

Quote from: Bluenose on August 17, 2018, 02:18:45 PM

That's very clear. Can you remember what lens you used?
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

Quote from: Dave on August 17, 2018, 02:43:05 PM
I wanted to take a better picture of King's Walk but got chased out by a security type.

He probably thought you were up to something fishy.

The quality is surprisingly good for an add-on lens.
― Charles Eames

Dave

Quote from: hermes2015 on August 17, 2018, 03:41:35 PM
Quote from: Dave on August 17, 2018, 02:43:05 PM

He probably thought you were up to something fishy.

The quality is surprisingly good for an add-on lens.

Make that "... a cheap add-on lens."

I forgot to take the UV and CPL filters off, that gives a sharper periphery. Wondering if it affects clarity. Oh, dear, more playing to do!

Icarus

Quote from: Bluenose on August 17, 2018, 02:18:45 PM

That is a scary photo.  That is proof for the rumor that giant people eating insects and giant  predators that prey on the giant people eating insects thrive in OZ.   

Bluenose

Quote from: hermes2015 on August 17, 2018, 03:38:29 PM
That's very clear. Can you remember what lens you used?

I took this in 2009 using a Nikon E7600 compact camera.
Technical details, f2.8, 1/276 sec, ISO 50, Focal length 8 mm

From a 2006 product release at the time:
The COOLPIX 7600 makes it simple for anyone to get results they can be proud of. The 7.1 effective megapixel shooting capability allows the user to capture much more detail than most other entry level digital cameras, while the powerful 3x optical 38-114mm* Zoom-Nikkor ED lens achieves superior sharpness and optimal color correction.
* 35mm [135] equivalent.

I have to laugh at the blurb, but hey, back in the day that wasn't bad for a "happy snap" camera.

BTW, the spider in this photo is tiny,maybe 5 mm long and the photo was taken hand held and it was a bit windy so I had to pick my time to take the shot.

Quote from: Icarus on August 18, 2018, 12:53:24 AM
That is a scary photo.  That is proof for the rumor that giant people eating insects and giant  predators that prey on the giant people eating insects thrive in OZ.

Hey, hardly anyone has been eaten by giant people eating insects over here for weeks...
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

jumbojak

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Dave

jumbojak

Actually it's burning superfine steel wool stuffed in a wire whisk on a short length of chain.