News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Yep, as I already knew beforehand, I regretted not going to bed earlier. The alarm did go off at 7h30 but I only briefly opened my bloodshot eyes to turn it off. I woke up an hour later...and late. Good thing I got to the bus stop a mere 10 seconds before the bus did!
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Buddy

I've been going to the gym somewhat consistently for about 6 months now. Thought that I was in okay shape. I would warm up on the treadmill, do some weight machines, and suffer through the elliptical for fifteen minutes. Lately I've been taking advantage of the free classes and started going to a combination cardio and free weights class. Oh. My. God. It is kicking my ass so hard. I must be some kind of masochist though because I keep coming back twice a week.

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

xSilverPhinx

Trying to be more like a cabybara.

Icarus

Buddy, keep doing what you are doing.  The human body is built for exercise and even exertions.   See the current issue of Scientific American.  The extensive article is titled: Evolved To Exercise.  Do it or die too soon.

Way back in time humans could not outrun their prey of animals that they used for food.  What did they do?  they kept running/chasing until the animal was exhausted and become unable to continue... and then protein laden food.  Humans have more endurance than many of the animals that might be chased for the purpose of food or whatever reason.    Why do you suppose that the Ethiopians can run so fast and for so long.  They and their neighboring east Africans consistently win the big time marathons?  Exercise is key to longevity and health.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 15, 2019, 10:23:03 PM

Trying to be more like a cabybara.

That's a worthy aspiration I suppose.
I've seen video of piranhas enjoying their company too.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Icarus on January 16, 2019, 01:53:48 AM
Buddy, keep doing what you are doing.  The human body is built for exercise and even exertions.   See the current issue of Scientific American.  The extensive article is titled: Evolved To Exercise.  Do it or die too soon.

Way back in time humans could not outrun their prey of animals that they used for food.  What did they do?  they kept running/chasing until the animal was exhausted and become unable to continue... and then protein laden food.  Humans have more endurance than many of the animals that might be chased for the purpose of food or whatever reason.    Why do you suppose that the Ethiopians can run so fast and for so long.  They and their neighboring east Africans consistently win the big time marathons?  Exercise is key to longevity and health.

Perhaps.
Then again those old time us didn't live very long.
If they'd been as long lived as us they'd probably be worse whinges and moaners than we are.

My knee's playing up again, the witch doctor said I should have given up chasing wildebeest but you've gotta eat.
Ye
And eating, the chewing, it isn't getting any easier.
You need to get yourself a new young wife to do your chewing.
Ye but to attract a new wife I need to bring home the wildebeest.
Oh ye, it's vicious circles and then you lay still, don't move any more and start to reek.
Ye, hmmm, makes you think.
Pious from over the hill is talking about an after reek and a big man in the sky.
Grog from across the creek has made some polyfermentedmilkorfruitortoador grog.
Let's go see Grog.

xSilverPhinx

Trying to get some people hyped up for an international neuroscience/psychology congress in my hometown. If we get a group of 30 people together we all get a 30% discount.

I would go by myself but it's so damn expensive. The university only partially covers the costs.  :-\

Bad Penny II

I want one of these, or a pair.

Tank

^^^ Tree kangeroo! They appear to be as placid as the look. There was one at Chester zoo that was having problems getting around because its claws had got too long. With most animals you'd have to tranquillise them to do the job. In this case one keeper fed it fruit while the other clipped its claws. No problems.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

jumbojak

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 16, 2019, 07:37:27 PM
Trying to get some people hyped up for an international neuroscience/psychology congress in my hometown. If we get a group of 30 people together we all get a 30% discount.

I would go by myself but it's so damn expensive. The university only partially covers the costs.  :-\

Tell them that there's a prize or a giveaway. New lab coats, surgical gloves, maybe even a brand new car.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

jumbojak

Quote from: Bad Penny II on January 17, 2019, 08:30:01 AM

If I walked out my door and was surprised by one of those I'd probably trip over my feet trying to get back in the house. That critter creeps me out.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Bad Penny II

Quote from: jumbojak on January 17, 2019, 12:39:14 PM

If I walked out my door and was surprised by one of those I'd probably trip over my feet trying to get back in the house. That critter creeps me out.

Because you know you are complicit as do the tree kangaroos.
They're plainly asking why but you have no answer to offer.

xSilverPhinx

Well, I don't think I've ever seen any of those before! What a cute creature!

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on January 17, 2019, 12:37:36 PM

Tell them that there's a prize or a giveaway. New lab coats, surgical gloves, maybe even a brand new car.

Hmm...it'll have to be surgical gloves! :lol:

(only thing within the budget)

xSilverPhinx

Looks like it's gonna happen!  :heyhey:

I didn't get 30 people on board with the idea but I saw that airline tickets are really cheap for June (which they usually aren't).

I found a cheap and well-situated studio apartment too!