News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Please, Welcome the Humble, Fascinating and Brilliant Ron "SidewalkCynic" Martin

Started by SidewalkCynic, January 29, 2019, 04:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluenose

Quote from: SidewalkCynic on January 30, 2019, 03:57:13 PM
Quote from: Tank on January 30, 2019, 03:39:26 PM
Were you shipboard or ground based when you were working on F18s? I ask as Bluenose was a navigator on carrier based aircraft in the Australian navy.

I was shore/ground based in Florida in a squadron that trained pilots and ground crew. I went on aircraft carriers a few times for no more than two weeks when the pilots were training to land on the carrier.

I was an Observer in the RAN Fleet Air Arm for about 8 years, served in the Aussie carrier HMAS Melbourne on VS-816 squadron.  I flew as a sensor operator in Grumman S-2G Tracker aircraft.  Nothing compares to being shot off the front by the steam catapult and then landing back on and catching a wire.  If you were not scared, you simply did not understand what was going on...   BTW, my avatar is a photo I took by simply holding the camera up from No 3 seat when we were on finals circa 1980.
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

SidewalkCynic

The character limit forces me to use my shortened name, but I'll do it since you insist.
If there were a god, then it would have revealed itself to me. There has never been anything more important in the history of Mankind than what I am delivering - scientific collation theory for the organization of technology.