News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Demonizing the Democratic Party in the US

Started by Recusant, November 18, 2018, 04:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandra Craft

Quote from: SidewalkCynic on January 26, 2019, 06:17:23 PM
Quote from: Sandra Craft on January 26, 2019, 02:36:56 AMThat's something the Right keeps conveniently ignoring -- the Nazis didn't start off with killing either, they worked up to it from demonizing immigrants and outsiders, crippling the media, etc.  Just what Trump and his supporters are doing or trying to do.
Surely, you are aware that the Right describes the Left in the same manner.

I'm aware that the Right says the opposite about Left, which isn't really "the same manner".  Tho I have noticed that you generally aren't paying attention in your own bubble.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

SidewalkCynic

Quote from: Tank on January 26, 2019, 06:24:34 PMYou have all the answers. Please bless us with your wisdom so we may grovel at your feet.

I am trying my best: the solution to the persistent social problems that we endure is approached by establishing a reliable ("scientific") social contract system. The formula for such a system is a collation format (listing formula). The ultimate social contract is the agreement of semantics, and that is achieved by the rendering of a knowledge classification system. A derivative of a "scientific" knowledge classification system is going to be a "scientific" corporate/government charter system that can be converted into the sophisticated languages and "flexible/expandable/contractual" to accommodate any community population size.

All of the "successful" governments are not convertible for developing nations - they work because they are the product of their own soft corruptions that maintained commerce and wealth.

The world need a "scientific" government chartering system that graduates reasoned arguments.
If there were a god, then it would have revealed itself to me. There has never been anything more important in the history of Mankind than what I am delivering - scientific collation theory for the organization of technology.

Tank

Quote from: SidewalkCynic on January 26, 2019, 07:31:38 PM
The world need a "scientific" government chartering system that graduates reasoned arguments.

Yes it does. Will it ever happen? Only at the expense of mass democracy. So however good the idea is there'll be a person like Trump, Bill Clinton, Mao, Stalin, Hitler etc. etc. who will rally the ignorant and destroy the idea because 'it's too intellectual'. :(
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Icarus

The oligarchs and others who play dirty will make an ordered or scientifically structured government a mere pipe dream.

It would be useful to read a recently published book titled: Kickback.  Subtitle; Exposing the Corporate Bribery Network.  Author David Montero has done an admirable job of describing and documenting just how the world of money and politics works. This is a five star book that does an exceptionally well presented view of the world of bribery and how it affects governments everywhere.

The book is a must read for those who would presume to prescribe simplistic solutions for the betterment of societies, including our own.

Sandy perhaps you could consider this one for Book of the month.   It is an almost fun read but too serious a subject to create much in the way of mirth.  A page turner in any case

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Icarus on January 27, 2019, 12:08:15 AM
Sandy perhaps you could consider this one for Book of the month.   It is an almost fun read but too serious a subject to create much in the way of mirth.  A page turner in any case

Done.  Sounds interesting.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Recusant

Quote from: SidewalkCynic on January 25, 2019, 05:52:21 PMSo, what? . . . there are many leaders of religious and political organizations characterizing Trump and his supporters as being Nazis, fascists, and what ever; and that is simply not true - nobody is being killed for their political contest against the President and his supporters. The Democrat politicians are all irrational - their reasoning is bizarre, if not incoherent.

Since I didn't assert that Democratic party politicians are paragons of rationality, this is nothing other than whataboutism. As if the Republican politicians are recognizably superior to the Democratic ones in this regard. If you're implying that, then I invite you to present evidence to support the idea.

Quote from: SidewalkCynic on January 25, 2019, 05:52:21 PMUltimately, the problem is that the government is improperly organized to handle the diversity that the nation has evolved to.

I disagree. Constitutional republics are rather flexible systems. 

Quote from: SidewalkCynic on January 25, 2019, 05:52:21 PMThe system is deteriorating exponentially, now, and the only solution will be the reorganization of the government.

What to you mean by "deteriorating exponentially"?

Quote from: SidewalkCynic on January 25, 2019, 05:52:21 PMit is going to be a wonderful experience; the diversity of people will be gathered together to do what the founders and subsequent generations could not do.

This is excessively vague. Are you supporting a constitutional convention?
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

SidewalkCynic

Quote from: Sandra Craft on January 26, 2019, 07:31:38 PM
Quote from: SidewalkCynic on January 26, 2019, 06:17:23 PM
Quote from: Sandra Craft on January 26, 2019, 02:36:56 AMThat's something the Right keeps conveniently ignoring -- the Nazis didn't start off with killing either, they worked up to it from demonizing immigrants and outsiders, crippling the media, etc.  Just what Trump and his supporters are doing or trying to do.
Surely, you are aware that the Right describes the Left in the same manner.

I'm aware that the Right says the opposite about Left, which isn't really "the same manner".
I do not understand "the Right says the opposite about Left." :wtf:

Quote from: Sandra Craft on January 26, 2019, 07:31:38 PM
Tho I have noticed that you generally aren't paying attention in your own bubble.
You're silly - I am very aware of what is going on.
If there were a god, then it would have revealed itself to me. There has never been anything more important in the history of Mankind than what I am delivering - scientific collation theory for the organization of technology.

SidewalkCynic

Quote from: Recusant on January 27, 2019, 09:47:53 PM
Quote from: SidewalkCynic on January 25, 2019, 05:52:21 PMSo, what? . . . there are many leaders of religious and political organizations characterizing Trump and his supporters as being Nazis, fascists, and what ever; and that is simply not true - nobody is being killed for their political contest against the President and his supporters. The Democrat politicians are all irrational - their reasoning is bizarre, if not incoherent.

Since I didn't assert that Democratic party politicians are paragons of rationality, this is nothing other than whataboutism. As if the Republican politicians are recognizably superior to the Democratic ones in this regard. If you're implying that, then I invite you to present evidence to support the idea.
I am definitely hearing Democrat politicians and liberal media pundits calling Trump a Nazi, fascist, and comparing him to dictators. I do not remember Republican politicians calling Obama such, but I know the pundits were calling him a fascist and a dictator, and some reference to the British PM who was appeasing Hitler.

Quote from: SidewalkCynic on January 25, 2019, 05:52:21 PMUltimately, the problem is that the government is improperly organized to handle the diversity that the nation has evolved to.

I disagree. Constitutional republics are rather flexible systems. 
What do you mean, "flexible?"

Easily corruptible, because they are inadequately separated, and subsequently, the responsibilities are improperly distributed; because they only had one formula to work with in ordering the charters.

Quote from: SidewalkCynic on January 25, 2019, 05:52:21 PMThe system is deteriorating exponentially, now, and the only solution will be the reorganization of the government.
What to you mean by "deteriorating exponentially"?
The  optimum aspects of the United States federal government cannot handle the inadequacies that the diversity and relative sophistication that the population has evolved to, and the rational people are recognizing this and are inclined to recognize that like any other failing organization, reorganization is the solution.

Quote from: SidewalkCynic on January 25, 2019, 05:52:21 PMit is going to be a wonderful experience; the diversity of people will be gathered together to do what the founders and subsequent generations could not do.
This is excessively vague. Are you supporting a constitutional convention?
It was not that vague, you figure it out. My super duper library classification system has a secondary application for formatting corporate charter systems; and I have been working on the organizational aspects of the anticipated constitutional convention. I call it the United States Fourth Continental Congress and I put together a website: US4CC

Pretty good, huh?

Tank

Quote from: SidewalkCynic on January 28, 2019, 09:42:33 PM
.. am definitely hearing Democrat politicians and liberal media pundits calling Trump a Nazi, fascist, and comparing him to dictators. I do not remember Republican politicians calling Obama such...

Trump is everything Republicans said Obama was

The republican behaviour towards democratic opponents is despicable beyond compare. But you seem to have selective memory about that in just the same way you ignore figures to make your stats look good.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.