News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Transgender: perception and sexism

Started by Dave, May 03, 2018, 03:31:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Very interesting prog on BBC World Service on the (mainly work in the the academic world) experience and science of attitude changes on undergoing gender change.

QuoteIn late December 2017, one of the world's leading neurobiologists died of pancreatic cancer. His name was Ben Barres. He was an extraordinary scientist, advancing our understanding of how the brain works, in particular how certain cells in the brain may contribute to degenerative brain diseases like Alzheimer's and Parkinson's.

He had also lived the last 20 years of his life as a transgender man. He used his unique perspective of having 'lived in the shoes of a woman and...the shoes of a man' to become an outspoken opponent of gender bias.

As the voice of the transgender community continues to grow in influence, what can wider society learn from people who've been in this rare position of living life as both a perceived man and woman? What does their experience tell us about the nature of gender bias? And does it help us fix it?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/w3cswqt5
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Arturo

There was a good point that a friend of mine brought up. She pointed out that there are certain implications with transgenders. For example she gave the situation with a transgender asking to be put into a woman's prison. However what this person was convicted of was something to do with small girls. I think he either ejaculated into a girl's underwear or had pictures of a little girl. Or maybe both?

Anyway's she said that person was a danger to the women in the prison because they could do something like that to them. And I think she had a reasonable point. There have been people who fake being apart of groups all the time. I first noticed it when the "wiggers" showed up. And then there are people like Milo Yiannopoulos now who only has the goal of trolling people. And according to this description I'm reading here, he sources a lot of Alt-Right and Neo-Nazi figures and then lies about it.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Quote from: Arturo on May 03, 2018, 03:47:41 PM
There was a good point that a friend of mine brought up. She pointed out that there are certain implications with transgenders. For example she gave the situation with a transgender asking to be put into a woman's prison. However what this person was convicted of was something to do with small girls. I think he either ejaculated into a girl's underwear or had pictures of a little girl. Or maybe both?

Anyway's she said that person was a danger to the women in the prison because they could do something like that to them. And I think she had a reasonable point. There have been people who fake being apart of groups all the time. I first noticed it when the "wiggers" showed up. And then there are people like Milo Yiannopoulos now who only has the goal of trolling people. And according to this description I'm reading here, he sources a lot of Alt-Right and Neo-Nazi figures and then lies about it.

The prog seemed to msinly relate to those who had undergone surgery ir were on heavy hormonal regimes. Sounds rsther like your friend has not got that far along the line yet, Arturo, more of a wnnabe? And not a very nice person.

Arturo

Quote from: Dave on May 03, 2018, 03:55:57 PM
Quote from: Arturo on May 03, 2018, 03:47:41 PM

The prog seemed to msinly relate to those who had undergone surgery ir were on heavy hormonal regimes. Sounds rsther like your friend has not got that far along the line yet, Arturo, more of a wnnabe? And not a very nice person.

No that was not my friend who did that to the little girls. My friend was the one explaining that had happened. As far as her character goes she seems to have trouble getting along with the group we were involved in. (So did I, but that was for other reasons). She's very straight forward and describes herself as being alternative. She has parts of her head buzzed. But for feminism she has very good points.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Sorry to your friend for my mistake, Arturo.

Arturo

Quote from: Dave on May 03, 2018, 05:56:00 PM
Sorry to your friend for my mistake, Arturo.

It's alright. You learn something new everyday.

Good post by the way. I didn't mean to derail the thread with my speaking.
     Arturo The1  リ壱