Author Topic: Beto O'Rourke vs. Ted Cruz for Texas Senator  (Read 125 times)

Ecurb Noselrub

• No Wall in my name!!!
  • Guardian of Reason
Beto O'Rourke vs. Ted Cruz for Texas Senator
« on: February 06, 2018, 01:13:03 AM »
This Saturday I’m hosting a neighborhood canvassing event for Beto O’Rourke, Democratic Candidate for Senator from Texas against Ted Cruz.  I’ve never done anything like this before, so it will be a new experience. I’m a moderate independent, so I’m not used to getting behind a particular party’s candidate, but Trump has changed all that.  O’Rourke is a Congressman from El Paso, and most importantly of all for me, he is adamantly against the Wall in Texas.  Cruz is not - he’s pro Trump even though Trump said his father was involved in JFK’s assassination and even though Trump implied that his wife was ugly.  Shows the integrity (or lack thereof) of the man.  O’Rourke is young and energetic, and right now is polling within single digits of Cruz, even though he’s relatively unknown.

If we can swing the Senate to the Dems, we can stop the Wall. That’s the most important thing for me. Trump sucks and is a traitor to the Russians. He must be stopped.

Magdalena

• Butterfly of Doom.
  • Don't Pray in My School, and I Won't Think in Your Church
  • Angry hippies need to smoke cheap weed.
Re: Beto O'Rourke vs. Ted Cruz for Texas Senator
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 05:07:50 AM »
^^^
Wow!  :tellmemore:
 :smokin cool: :clapping:
 :yes!:

“I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe.” ~Recusant

"Color me fascinated..." ~Asmodean, The Gray God.

Tank

• Fed up with stupid.
  • Administrator
  • Excellent and Indefatigable Guardian of Reason
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 06:42:05 AM »
Good luck Bruce!!!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
“Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt.” ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Davin

• Guardian of Reason
  • (o°-°)=o o(o*-°)
    • DevPirates
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 01:52:28 PM »
I donated some money to his campaign. Good luck!

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Essie Mae

• Free to think.
  • Not Defeated by the Dark Night of the Soul
  • I Hope Uncle Bert is still my friend.
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 08:14:59 AM »
This Saturday I’m hosting a neighborhood canvassing event for Beto O’Rourke, Democratic Candidate for Senator from Texas against Ted Cruz.  I’ve never done anything like this before, so it will be a new experience. I’m a moderate independent, so I’m not used to getting behind a particular party’s candidate, but Trump has changed all that.  O’Rourke is a Congressman from El Paso, and most importantly of all for me, he is adamantly against the Wall in Texas.  Cruz is not - he’s pro Trump even though Trump said his father was involved in JFK’s assassination and even though Trump implied that his wife was ugly.  Shows the integrity (or lack thereof) of the man.  O’Rourke is young and energetic, and right now is polling within single digits of Cruz, even though he’s relatively unknown.

If we can swing the Senate to the Dems, we can stop the Wall. That’s the most important thing for me. Trump sucks and is a traitor to the Russians. He must be stopped.

How did the canvassing event go, and the campaign in general?  :bravo:
ESs
Rational arguments don't usually work on religious people; otherwise there would be no religious people. House MD

Ecurb Noselrub

• No Wall in my name!!!
  • Guardian of Reason
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 12:23:49 AM »

How did the canvassing event go, and the campaign in general?  :bravo:

We signed up a few folks - it wasn't great but wasn't bad, either. I live in a conservative county and city.  But statewide he is catching up with Cruz gradually.  A lot can happen between now and November.