News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

What do you think of the Addam's Family

Started by Biggus Dickus, November 01, 2017, 12:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

What do you think of the Addam clan?

That is to say the happy, inspirational dead ones, not the trashy living ones.

What do you think of Gomez, Morticia, Grandmama, all those good and pious monsters? In some ways the monsters are better behaved than those Addam bad boys! My favorite Addam monster of all was the one who helped the Thing compete in athletics. I believe it was because her dear sister Wednesday was a monster herself!

I recall when Lurch died. He seemed like such a class act, if a bit of a lightweight playboy.

There are a lot of rumors/speculation about them too. Was there some secret conspiracy to Uncle Fester's murder? Did he and brother Pugsby misbehave with that shameless strumpet Cousin Itt?

Thoughts please!!!

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

No one

They're creepy and they're kooky,
Mysterious and spooky,
They're altogether ooky.

Davin

I love the Addams Family! They have great family values. Not like those kiddie fiddlers in the Catholic church, or those Catholic hospitals that made a mother carry the corpse of a fetus to term because of their idiotic and non-biblical anti-abortion stance, or pretty much any other religion for that matter. You don't see a prophet in the Addams Family marrying a nine year old. When you look at it, I think it's clear that the Addam's Family is better than any religion.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Bad Penny II

They live lives I want to live.
They live in the house I want.
I'll creatively demise them all
They will be my always friends
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Dave

Yeah, really did like the humour in the Adams family. Wouldn't mind coming back as an undead, got a few people I would love to spook!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Sandra Craft

I adored the Addams Family growing up.  Safe to say Gomez and Morticia ruined me for heterosexuality -- if I couldn't have that, then forget it.

Quote from: Father Bruno on November 01, 2017, 12:13:51 PM

I recall when Lurch died.

Lurch died?   :cryandrun:

Quote from: Dave on November 01, 2017, 02:46:43 PM
Yeah, really did like the humour in the Adams family. Wouldn't mind coming back as an undead, got a few people I would love to spook!

I don't believe in the afterlife, but I hope it's true and I can be a ghost.  I have a list.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

:lol: Father Bruno.

I think I may have watched an Addam's Family episode or two when I was a kid...wasn't there a full-length feature film as well? :notsure:

I thought the disembodied hand was creepy.   
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 01, 2017, 08:48:29 PM
:lol: Father Bruno.

I think I may have watched an Addam's Family episode or two when I was a kid...wasn't there a full-length feature film as well? :notsure:
There were two, with Raul Julia and Anjelica Huston as Gomez and Morticia -- but for me, it just wasn't the same.

QuoteI thought the disembodied hand was creepy.
Ah, dear Thing.  Everyone needs a Thing around the house.
Sandy

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on November 01, 2017, 11:35:50 PM

Yes, perhaps such a thing could really lend a hand when needed.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 01, 2017, 11:45:45 PM

:d'oh!: :rimshot: 
Sandy

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on November 02, 2017, 03:39:12 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 01, 2017, 11:45:45 PM

:d'oh!: :rimshot:

Ugh! :P
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

joeactor

So... do you think Thing had a network of passages to get from room to room?
Or was there more than one Thing?
Or maybe they were all connected to a much larger creature somewhere in the basement.

Recusant

Quote from: joeactor on November 03, 2017, 11:49:30 PM
Or maybe they were all connected to a much larger creature somewhere in the basement.

I think that Thing is a being whose existence transcends the four-dimensional reality that humans inhabit. As such, Thing requires no passages to appear where Thing desires to appear. I don't believe that the concepts of "one" and "many" can properly be applied to Thing.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Recusant on November 04, 2017, 03:47:36 AM

I think that Thing is a being whose existence transcends the four-dimensional reality that humans inhabit. As such, Thing requires no passages to appear where Thing desires to appear. I don't believe that the concepts of "one" and "many" can properly be applied to Thing.

That's almost as creepy as having an omnipresent Jesus watching everything you do!  :o

Bad Penny II

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 04, 2017, 12:14:54 PM
Quote from: Recusant on November 04, 2017, 03:47:36 AM

That's almost as creepy as having an omnipresent Jesus watching everything you do!  :o

It is not, Thing is benevolent.
To the friends of Thing anyway.
Are you a friend of Thing Phinx?
Take my advice, don't listen to me.