News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Lightning

Let's hope it is the sort of date that he wants and that it works out well.

We recently adopted a rescue dog (ca 7 months ago, she's about 4 YO). When we took her to the vet the day after adoption, she had no interest in any sort of medical procedure, snapping, snarling, squirming, trying to bite, etc. We were given drugs for the next time we visited, as nothing except her weight was medically recorded during that visit. I'm cheerful because our dog seemed off her feed (not really eating at all, and a bit listless, for the last couple of days), and when we got her to the vet today we were able to calm her and get a complete exam and blood drawn with not a whole lot of trauma. She is apparently OK, but the blood work has yet to be done. NB- the people at the shelter rolled her up in a blanket to get what they needed to do done. I'm certain that that process had traumatized her quite a bit, hence the crazy first visit to the vet. The really good news is that she has gained about three pounds. OK, not an obese pet- 20 then, to now 23 pounds. Once we got her to go outside alone (she was an apartment dog) and encouraged to run around, she used to fall when turning while running. After those months since we got her, her strength has increased to where she doesn't fall anymore when running and jumping. I'm sure that those three pounds are all muscle- you can see that her legs no longer look like sticks, and her haunches are bigger, on both sets of legs.  ;D

jumbojak

I went to a lovely dinner with a pretty girl and afterwards we rode around until it was time for both of us to part ways for the evening. We both had a good time but it's damn cold. Damn, damn cold.

Hopefully we can do something again soon.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

hermes2015

Quote from: jumbojak on January 22, 2020, 04:28:34 AM
I went to a lovely dinner with a pretty girl and afterwards we rode around until it was time for both of us to part ways for the evening. We both had a good time but it's damn cold. Damn, damn cold.

:love: ?
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

Quote from: Dark Lightning on January 22, 2020, 04:11:35 AM
Let's hope it is the sort of date that he wants and that it works out well.

We recently adopted a rescue dog (ca 7 months ago, she's about 4 YO). When we took her to the vet the day after adoption, she had no interest in any sort of medical procedure, snapping, snarling, squirming, trying to bite, etc. We were given drugs for the next time we visited, as nothing except her weight was medically recorded during that visit. I'm cheerful because our dog seemed off her feed (not really eating at all, and a bit listless, for the last couple of days), and when we got her to the vet today we were able to calm her and get a complete exam and blood drawn with not a whole lot of trauma. She is apparently OK, but the blood work has yet to be done. NB- the people at the shelter rolled her up in a blanket to get what they needed to do done. I'm certain that that process had traumatized her quite a bit, hence the crazy first visit to the vet. The really good news is that she has gained about three pounds. OK, not an obese pet- 20 then, to now 23 pounds. Once we got her to go outside alone (she was an apartment dog) and encouraged to run around, she used to fall when turning while running. After those months since we got her, her strength has increased to where she doesn't fall anymore when running and jumping. I'm sure that those three pounds are all muscle- you can see that her legs no longer look like sticks, and her haunches are bigger, on both sets of legs.  ;D

that's excellent. i've always either picked up strays or gone and pulled  something out of death row at the dog pound. went there once after we'd been burglarized to look for the biggest dog they had. came back with a grown 100-plus-pound malamute that had been kept alive three weeks after his kill date because he was so friendly-- he had three days to go. kept him for some ten or twelve years. the most annoyingly intelligent dog i've ever had.

good on you for the rescue route.

set the function, not the mechanism.

jumbojak

Quote from: hermes2015 on January 22, 2020, 04:43:58 AM

I'm pretty sure she has a girlfriend...

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on January 22, 2020, 03:24:17 PM

'Pretty sure' leaves room for uncertainty, right? :tellmemore:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Bad Penny II

I don't have Coronavirus.
Can take a couple of week till it shows.
Ye ye, I still don't think I've got it.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Icarus

JJ,Do not be put off by the suspicion that she may have a girlfriend.  There are some most worthy companions with an AC-DC  tendency.  Some of the ones who come off as having a same sex preference may just being cautious.  In the end, some of my best and most trusted female friends are of the lesbian persuasion.  Cut her some slack. You may have a valuable friend/acquaintance either way.

billy rubin

^^^ yes

im as subject to being male as anybody else, but sometimes its not about the pecker, surprisingly.

and sometimez it is later on anyway.

set the function, not the mechanism.

Bad Penny II

Green, can you check the spelling of inorgral.
inaugural
It's Thursday and Thursday is Doctor Who NIght.
I inaugarated Green!
inaugurated
I inaugurated the who is going to do die first in a WHO episode game and I won!
I knew that old woman had it coming.
It was the Rhinoceros headed police persons episode.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: jumbojak on January 22, 2020, 03:24:17 PM

Maybe they're poly and looking for a 3rd and she was vetting you?
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Dark Lightning

Went to see my investment advisers this morning. I crossed a threshold of net worth that allows me access to better investments- read- they pay better. I think I'm going to take a vacation from retirement and go visit Europe a bit.  ;D

xSilverPhinx

I woke up way too early today (6:30 am) but don't have to be anywhere so back to bed I go!  ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Kusa

I am in Maui Hawaii today and get to stay until Friday.

Tank

Quote from: Kusa on February 09, 2020, 07:11:03 AM
I am in Maui Hawaii today and get to stay until Friday.

Is the place as good as generally perceived it is?

Pictures would be nice.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.