News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 19, 2019, 12:54:51 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on December 18, 2019, 11:08:46 PM
Here's another reason to be cheerful:
Most Online Today: 635. Most Online Ever: 635 (Today at 03:52:29 PM)

I don't think we've ever had so many people here before. Have we?  :notsure:

And I missed it!  :(
:therethere:
It was nice thinking that 635 people were here.  :sad sigh:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: Tank on December 19, 2019, 01:09:28 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 19, 2019, 12:54:51 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on December 18, 2019, 11:08:46 PM
Here's another reason to be cheerful:
Most Online Today: 635. Most Online Ever: 635 (Today at 03:52:29 PM)

I don't think we've ever had so many people here before. Have we?  :notsure:

And I missed it!  :(

Bots. :(
Yes, Recusant told us.  :(

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Ecurb Noselrub

This is a cheerful thread.  Pretend that the bots attained consciousness, and they first thing they wanted to do is visit here.

billy rubin

no, sorry

i will not pretend that. billy does not like bots.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Magdalena

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on December 19, 2019, 08:08:34 PM
This is a cheerful thread.  Pretend that the bots attained consciousness, and they first thing they wanted to do is visit here.

They started asking the big questions.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

xSilverPhinx

I'm going to take a month off in March or April before applying for a Ph.D. program (4 very tough long years).

Edited: grammo

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on December 22, 2019, 02:12:09 PM
It'll fly by.

That's probably the worst aspect of it. :P So much to do and so little time. It's very stressful.

hermes2015

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 22, 2019, 01:57:12 PM
I'm going to take a month off in March or April before applying for a Ph.D. program (4 very long tough years).

Take my advice and write up papers as you get new results, then publish them in reputable journals as you go along. Two advantages: it gives you priority on results and also makes the final writing up of the thesis a doddle. My PhD took three years, even with an appointment as lecturer while I was doing my research. Believe me, 3 years fly by very quickly.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: hermes2015 on December 22, 2019, 02:26:15 PM
I'm going to take a month off in March or April before applying for a Ph.D. program (4 very long tough years).

Take my advice and write up papers as you get new results, then publish them in reputable journals as you go along. Two advantages: it gives you priority on results and also makes the final writing up of the thesis a doddle. My PhD took three years, even with an appointment as lecturer while I was doing my research. Believe me, 3 years fly by very quickly.

That's good advice, Hermes!  :thumbsup: I knew I looked up to you for good reason  ;D

hermes2015

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 22, 2019, 02:31:45 PM
Quote from: hermes2015 on December 22, 2019, 02:26:15 PM

That's good advice, Hermes!  :thumbsup: I knew I looked up to you for good reason  ;D

Wow, I am speechless. That's a nice thing to say.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Buddy

Three months ago I bought an adorable wool skirt secondhand and it was too small for me. Today I'm wearing it to Christmas dinner

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.