Started by terranus, February 01, 2011, 06:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on July 23, 2018, 01:51:43 PM
Quote from: Dave on July 23, 2018, 12:22:04 PM
Quote from: Tank on July 23, 2018, 11:50:10 AM
Quote from: Dave on July 23, 2018, 11:20:20 AM
Hmmm. Bananana and Marmite spread . . .
Ooooo!!! I'll have to try this when I get home. Although in my case it will be Vegemite.

Also try bananana mashed with spices, black pepper, ginger and cinnamon is my favourite combo. Maybe with raw sugar if my tooth is feeling particularly sweet.

Which spices?

In your case perhaps Emma and Melanie?
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dave

Quote from: Tank on July 23, 2018, 01:51:43 PM
Quote from: Dave on July 23, 2018, 12:22:04 PM
Quote from: Tank on July 23, 2018, 11:50:10 AM
Quote from: Dave on July 23, 2018, 11:20:20 AM
Hmmm. Bananana and Marmite spread . . .
Ooooo!!! I'll have to try this when I get home. Although in my case it will be Vegemite.

Also try bananana mashed with spices, black pepper, ginger and cinnamon is my favourite combo. Maybe with raw sugar if my tooth is feeling particularly sweet.

Which spices?

Yup, those above, but pre-mixed "cake" spice works as well, especially with the sugar added. Not too much of the ginger or cinnamon, covers the bananana flavour - just a sprinkle.  There is enough "contrast" with the black pepper that they don't compete too much.

Wouldn't bother with curry spice mix . . .

I think mashing with Emma and Melanie could be bad for my health - but what a way to go!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Dave

Just trying a crunchy peanut butter and Marmite sarnie.

Hmm, a taste that needs to be acquired I think.

Well, well, seems you can buy Marmite coated peanuts!

Icarus

I just finished"building" Sopa de Garbanzo (spanish bean soup)    It is good even if I did make it myself.  Diced potatoes, Chorizo sausage ( the Spanish kind) celery, garlic, onion, cilantro, bay leaf, chicken broth, and of course garbanzo beans (chick peas).   You can toss in some finely chopped ham if you like.....I did this time but not every time.  Simmer for a while but not so long as to overcook the potato bits.    Serve with  some good bread like a baguette or perhaps authentic Cuban bread.   ....... Add some Cuban coffee to make the occasion special........Follow, or include a glass, ....maybe more than one glass, of a nice red wine., 

Dave

Home made banana + chocolate + cinnamon + a little raw sugar soya milk shake as mid-afternoon snack/-drink.

Yum!

Will try ginger instead of cinnamon  next time.

Later: hmm, prefer the cinnamon . . .

jumbojak

I just had two pieces of week old fried chicken. Not very satisfying... thinking about a pizza for tonight because I don't feel much like cooking.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Buddy

I've been putting a bit of pumpkin in my oatmeal and it is so good. Add in a little vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg and it is just like pumpkin pie for breakfast.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Buddy on August 22, 2018, 01:47:53 PM
I've been putting a bit of pumpkin in my oatmeal and it is so good. Add in a little vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg and it is just like pumpkin pie for breakfast.

Yummy!!!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Oatmeal for breakfast. Do oats have gluten? Oh well, who cares.  :let'seat:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

No one

Essie Mae

Cheapest meal ever: Mr M bought a pack of four largish courgettes for 7 pence yesterday evening so I made a courgette and potato soup. V delicious but I was pushed for time so I just used a recipe found online which required the addition of a vegetable stock cube, (at least it was organic).  I'm into soup-making at the moment but prefer not to use any processed ingredients at all. I hope to evolve into the type of cook who just throws a few things that are to hand and produces a culinary masterpiece.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

xSilverPhinx

Not eating anything, just chewing gum.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Icarus

Essie, what is a courgette?  This from an occasional cook with little culinary  knowledge.

Tank

Quote from: Icarus on October 11, 2018, 05:04:43 AM
Essie, what is a courgette?  This from an occasional cook with little culinary  knowledge.
Zucchini
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Essie Mae

Quote from: Icarus on October 11, 2018, 05:04:43 AM

It's all very confusing. I saw a recipe calling for yellow onions. Turns out they're the common or garden brown onions.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare