News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Anyone going to Reason Rally?

Started by Thunder Road, January 14, 2012, 12:28:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thunder Road

Washington, DC on March 24th.  Dawkins will be speaking, among many others.

I can't make it because my Spring Break ends the 18th, but I'm hoping they stream it online or I can watch some of it later.

http://reasonrally.org/
"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see." -John Lennon, Strawberry Fields Forever

Freshman Meteorology major at Valparaiso University in Indiana and fan of exclusively classic rock.

Whitney

I would like to but DC going to a rally isn't where I want to spend my trip money...I haven't been on a real vacation in quite some time so if it's not a beach or foreign country it's not worth it :)

Traveler

Hey, thanks for posting this. I live near DC and am going to try to go. :)
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Velma

My husband and I are planning on going.  I've already asked for the time off work, so I hope it works out.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Tank

Quote from: Velma on January 14, 2012, 02:40:49 AM
My husband and I are planning on going.  I've already asked for the time off work, so I hope it works out.
Isn't that quite a trek for you?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ali

Wish I could but a) Denver is a long way from DC and b) the month of March is crazy for me.  Among other things I have a wedding in SC and a convention in Vegas to go to.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.