News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Islam-Inspired Swimwear

Started by ContraCostan, September 01, 2006, 12:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ContraCostan

Hi Everyone,

As a nudist and an Atheist, I am always amazed at how the worlds major religions view the human body.

"Turkish businessman Mehmet Sahin has designed what he says is the world's first Islam-inspired swimsuit and sells head-to-ankle bathing gear to devout well-heeled Muslims, including the wives of Turkey's leading politicians."

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlene ... ml&src=rss
*"The sailor does not pray for wind, he learns to sail"
-Gustaf Lindborg

Court

Wow. I don't even know what to say to that.

I remember when I was young and in some bible camp, we were told that God didn't like us to wear two piece bathing suits. I remember thinking all that modesty bullshit was just wierd.
[size=92]
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of silent seas
[/size]
[size=92]
try having a little faith = stop using your brain for a while -- ziffel[/size]

Big Mac

For a God who is apparently asexual, he sure has a fixation on people's plumbing and it's display thereof.

Oh yeah, Fuck god, allah, jehovah, zeus, jebus, etc. up their collective asses. Yes I spelled them without capitalizing to further add insult to them. Assholes.
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

SpiralExit

AHHH!! the worse thing is that, i saw a woman like this live!!!! he went in the sea and came out, and played in the sand!! ahahaha!! so funny!!

if god created us, why would he be ashamed of our naked body? :D

Tom62

I have always wondered why theists condemn the human body. Has there ever been a study that religion makes people ugly?
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

joeactor

Quote from: "Tom62"I have always wondered why theists condemn the human body. Has there ever been a study that religion makes people ugly?

Causation or coincidence?

Or maybe it's that ugly people are drawn to religion...

Big Mac

Well I guess they figured they're probably not going to get laid, might as well make up an excuse as to why.
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

ContraCostan

Court, Mac, Spiralexit, Tom and Joe,

Let me back up. Maybe I am not so amazed. I think that religionists tend to wrongly equate all nudity (or even limbs uncovered) as sexuality. And those same religionists believe that individual choice on sexuality is something to be controlled and often denied.

"AHHH!! the worse thing is that, i saw a woman like this live!!!!"-SpiralExit

I think that I would have reacted by supressing the reaction to laugh
*"The sailor does not pray for wind, he learns to sail"
-Gustaf Lindborg

SpiralExit

Yes you are really right.