News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

A potential rule modification.

Started by Tank, March 18, 2018, 11:31:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: Bad Penny II on March 28, 2018, 01:28:50 PM
Quote from: Tank on March 28, 2018, 01:03:11 PM
Quote from: Recusant on March 22, 2018, 10:40:20 PM
Here's a proposed addition to the rules of the site, intended to address this issue. It isn't necessarily a final draft. Suggestions or discussion by the members may produce improvements to the wording.

New members who espouse support for extremist ideologies or known hate groups may not receive the full benefit of the Rule Enforcement Process, and may be summarily banned at the discretion of the staff of the site.

So would any body like to comment on the proposed wording of the additional rule?

New members who espouse support for extremist ideologies or known hate groups,
May be:
Summarily banned because they support extremist ideologies or known hate groups or
Sold for use in medical and or behavioural experiments to finance this forum or
Otherwise disposed of at whim of members
:grin:
No
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Bluenose

My suggestion:

New members identifying with known extremist or hate groups may be banned at the discretion of the moderators of the forum on the first occasion of making racist, extremist or other posts of an extreme personal attack nature.
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Tank on March 28, 2018, 01:59:50 PM
May be:
Summarily banned because they support extremist ideologies or known hate groups or
No

Nuts.   :sad sigh:
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Magdalena

Quote from: Sandra Craft on March 29, 2018, 04:43:13 AM
Quote from: Tank on March 28, 2018, 01:59:50 PM
May be:
No

Nuts.   :sad sigh:

Yeah, very nice, but no.  :notsure:

One more thing, this is just in case this actually wins...Trump won here, so you never know.

If they are going to be, Summarily banned, shouldn't they be Expediently Sold? And..."disposed of" how fast, exactly?  :eyebrow:

~Just wondering about these things.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Asmodean

I'm somewhat late to the party, so... Here goes.

While I agree that we ahould not actively platform nazis, I think they ought to be allowed to stay and discuss their ideas as long as they keep the discourse civil from their end, and do not violate HaFs terms of service or various applicable laws and regulations.

I'm coming from a place of "If you want to change someone's mind, prove them wrong," and while it has its own pitfalls, I would no sooner ban a nazi for his or her affiliations than a revolutionary Marxist or an Antifa thug (Far-left extremist examples, since someone asked). Personally, I think most people who hold such views and want to use HaF as a platform for spreading or even discussing them would quickly grow bored and fade away, but if they genuinely want to discuss ideas and the merits thereof, then under the abovementioned conditions, it's OK by me.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.