News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Trump pulls out of Iran deal

Started by Dave, May 08, 2018, 08:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

As expected.

First news is that Europe and China will stick with it, whether in its present form or a modified version I have not seen yet. But it is another potential rift between the Europe and America - to add to some of Trump's ideas on international trading. Betcha newly re-instated President Putin is as full of glee as his po face will allow.

Going by America's behaviour towards companies, and countries, that transgress the sanctions and embargoes they arbitrarily impose the chances are a whole new bunch of European companies, or even countries, could find themselves on the black list. This will not help those countries but, since America has so relied for years on many of those companies products, it may not have the technology or experienced workers needed to fill its own needs.

I would bet there has been steam coming out of the offices of economists and marketting execs for some time now, but more pressure may be put on. It will be interesting, over the next couple of years, to see just what happens in America. Perhaps some of those, now potentially out of work, scientists and engineers etc may try to move across the Pond. Be interesting how the new immigration rules handle that. Which may be a double pointed weapon with not much of a handle - could stab either way. Will it increase the number of jobs available in the US one wonders.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

Quote from: Tank on May 08, 2018, 08:28:20 PM
US and America?

Very oops!

Corrected.

Though, thinking on it a division between "US and America" under Trump is not such a silly concept. "Donald Trump, Division is thy true name!"

Icarus

We are soon to have President Donald Lamebrain in a conference with the North Korean leader.  The hoped for "art of the deal" is to achieve some sort of peaceful  agreement between the two nations.  Now that he has fucked over the Iranian deal, not at all with support of most of the free world,  we have established that our promises and agreements are unreliable.  To use one of Lamebrains favorite twitter words; Sad.... I concur.

Anything Obama achieved is fair game for removing  it would seem. 

Icarus

Dave

Chances are that Iran's ambitions will be part of any scenario that invokes a wider war in the Middle and Near East. It would be better if they were not a nuclear power whilst doing so. All indications seem to be that they were keeping to the deal though their misdioe development is a concern.

But, for the moment, I think the potential splits in the western alliance, possibly also a danger to NATO. With Brexit, plus political shifts rightwards in central Europe, causing potential splits in Europe then our position can only get weaker. After years of involvement in its development Europe says they may shut the UK out of the encrypted parts of the Galileo military satnav system (Here). Though the UK may launch its own version this is another potential break in our security links.

Unless, of course, Trump does one of his well known walking backwards acts after running out of shouty campaigning stuff. As
I said before, Putin must be loving these signs of Western dissent and weakness.

Arturo

I don't even see the point of Western dissent. We have all this power and we just kind of like "well let's dethrone ourselves and see who can hit us". Almost like we are bored and just want some drama to keep our endorphins running.

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱