News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Re: The life of a lonely man

Started by viocjit, December 19, 2014, 04:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

viocjit

Quote from: OldGit on March 18, 2016, 09:43:00 AM
Interesting.  I wonder if they give him an Aston Martin with machine guns.

Quote from: Tom62 on March 18, 2016, 06:08:13 PM
More likely a Citroën 2CV ;).

I haven't any driving licence.

NEWS : I'm learning the "code de la route" or "code of the road" in English that is the French traffic code with two DVDs.

viocjit

NEWS : I received 3 DVDs to learn the "code de la route" or "code of the road" in English that is the French traffic code.
The last news about me was that I received 2 DVDs. Now , I have 5 DVDs to learn all these rules.
I'd like to add a funny fact. Obtain "Épreuve Théorique général du permis de conduire" or "General Theoretical Test Driving Licence" in English is more complicate that obtain "Baccalauréat" or "Baccalaureate" in English that is an equivalent to A-Level in UK.
For those who are from Republic or Ireland : Leaving Certificate is the equivalent to this diploma.
For those who live in US I precise that there are not equivalent but High School Diploma is the diploma that is most near to French High School Diploma or Baccalauréat in French.
For Aussies who are here : This French Diploma is similar to High School Certificate (HSC).

Conclusion : Statistics confirm that obtain "Épreuve Théorique général du permis de conduire" or "General Theoretical Test Driving Licence" is more difficult that French High School Diploma. I need a good training.

PS : Who want explanations about this test ?

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: viocjit on May 06, 2016, 05:28:27 AM
NEWS : I received 3 DVDs to learn the "code de la route" or "code of the road" in English that is the French traffic code.
The last news about me was that I received 2 DVDs. Now , I have 5 DVDs to learn all these rules.
I'd like to add a funny fact. Obtain "Épreuve Théorique général du permis de conduire" or "General Theoretical Test Driving Licence" in English is more complicate that obtain "Baccalauréat" or "Baccalaureate" in English that is an equivalent to A-Level in UK.
For those who are from Republic or Ireland : Leaving Certificate is the equivalent to this diploma.
For those who live in US I precise that there are not equivalent but High School Diploma is the diploma that is most near to French High School Diploma or Baccalauréat in French.
For Aussies who are here : This French Diploma is similar to High School Certificate (HSC).

Conclusion : Statistics confirm that obtain "Épreuve Théorique général du permis de conduire" or "General Theoretical Test Driving Licence" is more difficult that French High School Diploma. I need a good training.

Why do they make it so difficult?

OldGit

Because French drivers are so bad. ;)

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: OldGit on May 06, 2016, 09:29:56 AM

Apparently a very difficult test doesn't help them get better.

viocjit

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on May 06, 2016, 05:47:42 AM
Quote from: viocjit on May 06, 2016, 05:28:27 AM

Why do they make it so difficult?

I don't know why they make it so difficult but I can give details about how this test is difficult to pass.
1.There are 40 questions. If you obtain a result below 35/40 you can't pass it and you must to wait next session.
2.Test can contain confusing questions if you're not concentrate.
EX : Que dois je faire dans cette situation ? - What must I do in this situation ?
Que puis-je faire dans cette situation ? - What can I do in this situation ?
If you answer at the second question what you must to do you miss a point.
When you have this question you must to answer all actions that you can do and not only one action that you can do.
With the first question that is : Que dois je faire dans cette situation ? - What must I do in this situation ?
The right answer is only mandatory action(s) and not all actions that you can do.
3.It contain questions about car mechanics.
4.It contain some questions about laws.
EX : Who can conceptualise the next fact without learn it ? The legal limit of alcohol in the bloodstream depend of how many time you obtained your driving license.

2 years (If you obtained your driving license with accompanied driving) , 3 years (Most common formation module) : 0.50 grammes (0.50 grammes = 0.01763698097479 Oz in avoirdupois system a measure unit used in everyday life [I precise it to avoid confusions with once troy system used for precious materials] per litre of blood (1 litre = 1.7597540 UK Pint , 0 UK Quart , 1.7597540 UK Gallon or the next values in US measures 2.1133764 US liquid Pint , 1.0566882 US liquid Quarts , 2.1133764 US liquid Gallon).
Less than 2 years (If you obtained your driving license with accompanied driving) , Less than 3 years (Most common formation module) : 0.20 grammes (0.20 grammes = 0.0070547923899161 Oz in avoirdupois system a measure unit used in everyday life [I precise it to avoid confusions with once troy system used for precious materials] per litre of blood (1 litre = 1.7597540 UK Pint , 0 UK Quart , 1.7597540 UK Gallon or the next values in US measures 2.1133764 US liquid Pint , 1.0566882 US liquid Quarts , 2.1133764 US liquid Gallon).

Quote from: OldGit on May 06, 2016, 09:29:56 AM

I like this joke.

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on May 06, 2016, 10:42:24 PM
<snip by viocjit>
Apparently a very difficult test doesn't help them get better.

:)

OldGit

The point is, if you weren't drunk you wouldn't dare to drive in Paris.  It's only the alcohol which gives them courage to face the horrors.

Recusant

To drive in Paris, you need patience, good nerves, and luck.  :)

I was rather pleased when I managed to negotiate the interchange below successfully.

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

OldGit

And you're still alive to tell the tale.

viocjit

Quote from: OldGit on May 21, 2016, 10:30:40 PM
The point is, if you weren't drunk you wouldn't dare to drive in Paris.  It's only the alcohol which gives them courage to face the horrors.

I'm never drunk therefore I wouldn't drive to Paris  :D
It is true that we can ask to the deeper part of ourself if drivers aren't drunk when we see how they drive.
A day I was in Paris (I don't live in Paris but I live near of this city in a zone between 20,000 - 25,000 inhabitant and I don't go often to the capital city) and I was impressed by the horrors.
What were the horrors ? The road traffic was very slow with all these vehicles and drivers seemed misunderstood danger. It was around 9:20 am and me as a pedestrian I didn't knew what to do.
In a lapse of time that was approximately one minute I found a solution. Stay concentrate and walk slowly to avoid a potential collision with any vehicle.

Quote from: OldGit on May 22, 2016, 10:07:49 AM
And you're still alive to tell the tale.

Yes , I'm still alive. I'm 22 years old and I haven't any medical problem (I can't be sure to 100% as any human being). I wasn't the victim of a serious accident and I'm writing this message on the board.
Now , you know why I'm alive.

viocjit

NEWS : I'm still learning French traffic code.
I'd like to speak about a problem for which I did never said anything here.

Since I'm not any more a student (2013).
Sometime , I can sleep between 12 hours and 18 hours.
I can wake up between 12:00 pm and 09:00 pm. (At French hour).
Since some weeks I can sleep between 3 and 5 hours per night and sleep a bit during the afternoon. Usually I'm sleeping between 2 and 5 hours in the afternoon.

viocjit

NEW : I'm still doing training to get "Épreuve Théorique général du permis de conduire" or "General Theoretical Test Driving Licence" that is something certifying you know code de la route (Litt : Code of the road , Understandable English : Traffic code) in order to get a driving license to drive cars.

I began training to get a DNB (diplôme national du brevet / diploma of national certificate) as a candidat libre (Litt : Free candidate , Understandable English : external candidate or independent candidate).

The list below contain diplomas equivalent or similar to DNB in the main English speaking countries.
Australia : Not found
Canada : Not found
Republic of Ireland : Junior Certificate (Irish : Teastas Sóisearach)
New Zealand : Not found
UK : GCSE under C grade (general certificate of secondary education)
USA : Not found

Usually , we pass this diploma at the end of 3ème.
It is the equivalent of Year 10 or Ninth grade. (Accorded to countries)

Also , I began training to get a baccalauréat général (general baccalaureate) as a candidat libre (Litt : Free candidate , Understandable English : external candidate or independent candidate .
I don't know which séries (Litt : Series , Understandable English : Specialities) to choose between ES (économique & social / economic & social) , L (littéraire / literacy) and S (scientifique / scientific).

The list below contain diplomas equivalent or similar to baccalauréat général in the main English speaking countries.
Australia : High School Certificate (HSC)
Canada : Canadian Diploma Certificate of Education (CDCE) more known under the name of High School Diploma.
Canada (British Columbia) : British Columbia Certificate of Graduation
Canada (Ontario) : Ontario Secondary School Diploma
Canada (Quebec) : HS Diploma/Diplôme D.E.S.
Republic of Ireland : Leaving Certificate Examinations (Irish : Scrúduithe na hArdteistiméireachta)
New Zealand : National Certificate of Educational Achievement (NCEA)
UK : A-Level
USA : High School Diploma
USA (New York State) : Regents Diploma

viocjit

NEWS : Soon , I'll travel in a foreign country for the first time of my life.
I'm 23 years and it will be my first travel alone.
This travel will take place in Belgium near Brussels to open a bank account.

Total duration of travel : Less than 24 hours

Ecurb Noselrub

Great!  Go more often. Travel is both fun and educational.  You are close to German, Italy, Spain, Monaco and Andorra - see the world!