News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

"transgenderism" in children

Started by AngelOfDeath, December 10, 2017, 11:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prycejosh1987

I think kids should learn all forms of life but becoming a transgender causes more problems than it solves. Jazz Jennings is an example of a child too young to transition. The parents should of sued their brains when questioning Jazz's questions. I believe that choices should be made at a good age, but personally i believe a man was born a man and a woman was born a woman.
Physicality can change but the mentality and emotional stability does not change no matter what someone does with their body.

Recusant

Quote from: Prycejosh1987 on August 21, 2023, 09:29:22 PMI think kids should learn all forms of life but becoming a transgender causes more problems than it solves. Jazz Jennings is an example of a child too young to transition. The parents should of sued their brains when questioning Jazz's questions. I believe that choices should be made at a good age, but personally i believe a man was born a man and a woman was born a woman.
Physicality can change but the mentality and emotional stability does not change no matter what someone does with their body.

I don't think you read the thread. Despite AngelOfDeath vandalizing it by editing posts long after they'd been responded to, there is plenty of information here that you appear to be ignoring. It looks as if you have just found a topic that you wish to express your opinion on, and apparently a rather uninformed opinion at that.

QuotePhysicality can change but the mentality and emotional stability does not change no matter what someone does with their body.

I imagine you do not realise the irony inherent in what you wrote. One who is physically a female but knows their gender to be male does not change no matter what others might believe. If they manage a transition, it is only to feel more comfortable in their own skin. As you say, their "mentality" remains.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

jumbojak

I remember years ago, a significant campaign amongst atheists was banning female circumcision. Even in cases where the girl wanted this to happen. Now... genital mutilation is touted as healthcare because a child can choose. It's disgusting.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

billy rubin

i agree. my sons arent circumcised and i took all sorts of grief for not imposing that on them when they were young. i believe nobody has a right to anybody else's body, period.

im in favour of leaving irreversible surgery out of the reach of minors. but puberty blockers are a different matter.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Recusant

Quote from: jumbojak on August 22, 2023, 10:27:01 PMI remember years ago, a significant campaign amongst atheists was banning female circumcision. Even in cases where the girl wanted this to happen. Now... genital mutilation is touted as healthcare because a child can choose. It's disgusting.

Do you believe that it is a common practice to perform gender reassignment surgery on children? If so, please cite your sources. For reference:

"Young Children Do Not Receive Medical Gender Transition Treatment" | FactCheck.org
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Asmodean

Quote from: jumbojak on August 22, 2023, 10:27:01 PMI remember years ago, a significant campaign amongst atheists was banning female circumcision. Even in cases where the girl wanted this to happen. Now... genital mutilation is touted as healthcare because a child can choose. It's disgusting.
Yeah... The longer you live, the more good old days there are to look at the pictures of while sighing deeply. :sadnod:

I think where I'm at, people are usually barely-adults when they get actual surgery, but I disapprove of the way that's being... Promoted. Some people are just assembled wrongly, yet I think much of the "solution" for many who get taken for a ride down all the wrong side streets may lie in the realms of psychology and psychiatry.

It's also the case that far from every anomaly is a problem and needs to be "fixed." People can perfectly well live happy, fulfilling lives with just one arm or as homosexuals or with their organs mirrored around the sternum. So... I suppose add a bit of education and/or social work and/or competent parenting to my ologies and iatries.

Puberty blockers, surgery... Heck, even the recognition of having a condition that would call for their use - those things should be difficult to obtain.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

jumbojak

Quote from: billy rubin on August 23, 2023, 01:16:52 AMi agree. my sons arent circumcised and i took all sorts of grief for not imposing that on them when they were young. i believe nobody has a right to anybody else's body, period.

im in favour of leaving irreversible surgery out of the reach of minors. but puberty blockers are a different matter.

There is no compelling argument for puberty blockers either. The overwhelming majority of children experiencing gender dysphoria desist with puberty. Couple that with the number of children who are quickly placed on hormone therapy and the "cure" is far, far more damaging than the disease.

The narrative that puberty blockers and hrt are just a pause, and fully reversible is unsupported. If anything, the opposite is the case.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

jumbojak

Quote from: Recusant on August 23, 2023, 03:17:00 AM

Do you believe that it is a common practice to perform gender reassignment surgery on children? If so, please cite your sources. For reference:

"Young Children Do Not Receive Medical Gender Transition Treatment" | FactCheck.org

I don't even have to read the article to know for a fact that it is bullshit. And that's not because the article - as it presents its information with its particular definitions - isn't technically true. You can frame a lot of things in a technically true way.

It's because gender surgeries are being performed on children, and doing so is wrong. The only way you can claim that it does not happen is by excluding anyone going through puberty. While it would indeed be barbarous to surgically castrate a six year old it is no less barbaric to castrate a seventeen year old.

To then have that persons mother boast about threatening sexual assault so their surgical wound doesn't heal is sick. Jazz Jennings mother said this on television.

The Magic Pudding..

Quote from: jumbojak on August 23, 2023, 10:37:21 AM
Quote from: billy rubin on August 23, 2023, 01:16:52 AMi agree. my sons arent circumcised and i took all sorts of grief for not imposing that on them when they were young. i believe nobody has a right to anybody else's body, period.

There is no compelling argument for puberty blockers either. The overwhelming majority of children experiencing gender dysphoria desist with puberty. Couple that with the number of children who are quickly placed on hormone therapy and the "cure" is far, far more damaging than the disease.

The narrative that puberty blockers and hrt are just a pause, and fully reversible is unsupported. If anything, the opposite is the case.

I've heard those who feel compelled to be otherwise make compelling arguments.
It's a shame this has become a field of battle for the culture wars.
I assume there are advantages in transitioning early, but then some people change their minds.
It seems difficult, it's a dilemma yet so many seem so certain they know the right of it.
If you suffer from cosmic vertigo, don't look.

The Magic Pudding..

Quote from: Asmodean on August 23, 2023, 07:29:49 AMI think much of the "solution" for many who get taken for a ride down all the wrong side streets may lie in the realms of psychology and psychiatry.

Those guardians of the id charge so much though, $30,000 to supervise someone taking psilocybin.

Asmodean

Quote from: jumbojak on August 23, 2023, 10:50:36 AMWhile it would indeed be barbarous to surgically castrate a six year old it is no less barbaric to castrate a seventeen year old.
:smilenod:

That's not to say that it should never ever be done - there may be sets of circumstances to dictate otherwise, however, in my poinion, it should not ever become something rutinely done or even considered - unless, and perhaps not even then, a method for reliably reversing the currently-irreversible procedures is found.

Quote from: The Magic Pudding.. on August 23, 2023, 11:11:12 AMThose guardians of the id charge so much though, $30,000 to supervise someone taking psilocybin.
No part of getting fake junk installed* is cheap... Heck, even a regular depression can run quite a tab with the man with the couch. If you can't afford it, then you can't afford it. Such is life.

*The Asmo speaketh as He doth. Those easily offended by this characterisation may or may not be helped by not looking for meanings that aren't there.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

jumbojak

Quote from: The Magic Pudding.. on August 23, 2023, 11:06:01 AM

I assume there are advantages in transitioning early, but then some people change their minds.
It seems difficult, it's a dilemma yet so many seem so certain they know the right of it.

Why do you assume that?

The Magic Pudding..

Quote from: jumbojak on August 23, 2023, 10:50:36 AMWhile it would indeed be barbarous to surgically castrate a six year old it is no less barbaric to castrate a seventeen year old.

Seriously?

The Magic Pudding..

Quote from: jumbojak on August 23, 2023, 11:52:07 AM
Quote from: The Magic Pudding.. on August 23, 2023, 11:06:01 AM

Why do you assume that?

Oh, I've been listening to lefty radio for decades.
They want to be women, preferably not man faced, man shaped women.

Asmodean

I've listened to Lefty Radio too, before The Orangepocalypse radicalised or at the very least turned mildly insane those formerly-sensible talking heads.

Then, The Elder Evil in the White House even came for some acquaintances over here, where he literally was hashtag nottheirpresident.

Eh... He was just a symptom of a larger issue, so no blame attached to my reminiscing. Just putting a year to the start of my renegotiating my political affiliations with myself.

I suppose my point is maybe be careful in getting them talking points from talking heads, or at least admitting to it? They are clickbaiters, the lot of them. Some, probably cynically so. It is a side effect of operating in attention economy - you have to ever keep going "out there" to stay relevant to the "larger picture" and or in the effort to acquire that mythical "wider audience."

That's... Me rambling, by the way, but I shall indulge myself. That's what I think the "woke" entertainment industry is starting to realise. They thought they were reaching additional segments of the public with their preachy, overly-expensive flops, and only ended up alienating the public they had. It's the case of a loyal customer being worth a bunch of walk-ins and window-shoppers, and so when you substiture him for them... Yeah. Eventually, the moeny dries up, by which point every ounce of good will is already gone. I may or may not be looking at you, Disney. although the money men, whose job it is to look after the bottom line seem to finally have begun crawling out of the woodwork elsewhere as well. Too little too late, I think history will show, but I'd be happy enough to be proven wrong.

In any case, what was I on about? Ah, yes! Lefty Radio. Them's were the good times when the Fox Newses... Ugh. That's not right. Foxes... News? Even worse. Regardless, when them there of the world were "junk news." Today though... Yeah. Maybe it's just me, but the good old Lefty Radio has, broadly speaking, fallen far indeed.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.