News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Multi-Quote Button?

Started by LegendarySandwich, January 09, 2011, 02:05:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LegendarySandwich

This would be really useful. Basically, it'd allow you to easily quote different posts by selecting multiple posts before pushing the post button.

Whitney

You can already do that...when you go into the post screen, scroll down.  You will find a quote button next to all previous posts where you can choose to quote them in the response you are composing.

If that is not what you want, then I don't know how to do it.

LegendarySandwich

...Huh. I never noticed that. What I was looking for was an extra button on all posts that you could push before you went into post mode, but I guess that works too.

terranus

Quote from: "LegendarySandwich"...Huh. I never noticed that. What I was looking for was an extra button on all posts that you could push before you went into post mode, but I guess that works too.

Yeah I get what you're saying. Kinda like when you're on a shopping site or something and want to compare a few products side by side, you mark a checkbox and then hit "compare" at the bottom/top of the page, and it brings up a page with the items you checked side by side. You could do the same thing with the posts you want to quote, except instead of bringing up a comparison page, it could bring up the page where you post your reply with all the quoted text at the top of the textbox.

You would still have to seperate out the quotes though in the textbox in order to reply to the right one.
Trovas Veron!
--terranus | http://terranus.org--