News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Discussão em português

Started by Tank, May 06, 2019, 01:56:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Esta discussão deve ser evidente
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Heh, may I suggest a title edit? 'Discussão portuguesa' means 'Portuguese discussion', as in a discussion from Portugal. :grin:

'Discussão em português' might be more adequate.  :P

Obrigada, Tank! (Tanque)  ;D Now to find JJ... :sherlock2:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

Bom dia, Fernanda. E obrigado tank.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Ecurb Noselrub

Olá, meu nome é Ecurb. Qual é o seu nome?

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on May 06, 2019, 03:13:05 PM

Achei! :grin:

Agora é boa tarde por aqui.  ;D

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on May 06, 2019, 03:27:16 PM
Olá, meu nome é Ecurb. Qual é o seu nome?

Oi Ecurb! Como vai? Meu nome é Adnanref.  :P

xSilverPhinx

jumbojak

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 06, 2019, 05:12:19 PM

Damn, I haven't gotten that fat in the app and the bookstore has ZERO Portuguese dictionaries... I'll get it though... :felix:

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on May 06, 2019, 09:58:18 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 06, 2019, 05:12:19 PM

Damn, I haven't gotten that fat in the app and the bookstore has ZERO Portuguese dictionaries... I'll get it though... :felix:

:lol: Basically I said "I found (you/him)" and that now it's good afternoon around here.

Does the Duolingo app indicate whether it's Brazilian or European Portuguese? Because if I ask you for instance 'where are you from' it can be 'De onde você é' or 'De onde tu és?', among other variations.

European Portuguese is weird, but many Portuguese people I've met insist Brazilians have destroyed their language. Those people don't take into consideration that Portuguese as a whole comes from a bastardized version of vulgar Latin, so...

:ironicat:

*shrug*

jumbojak

There's a Brazilian flag on display so I'd imagine it's the Brazilian version. Honestly, there are so many more Brazilians that Portuguese that I think you could say it's your language now. Now I'm wondering how the variants spoken in Africa might relate. Fascinating subject, but, back to studying... :felix:

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on May 06, 2019, 10:40:27 PM
There's a Brazilian flag on display so I'd imagine it's the Brazilian version. Honestly, there are so many more Brazilians that Portuguese that I think you could say it's your language now. Now I'm wondering how the variants spoken in Africa might relate. Fascinating subject, but, back to studying... :felix:

Or...those Duolingo creators must have eaten and enjoyed some genuine Brazilian BBQ and decided that the standard Brazilian version was more, erm, relevant.  ;D

I'm sure there must be some BBQ-related phrases in there....

:P

I've met a couple of people from Mocambique and their language is different from Brazilian and European Portuguese, but I don't know that much about how different.

jumbojak

Brazilian churrasco está bom, mas noa molho.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on May 06, 2019, 11:05:31 PM
Brazilian churrasco está bom, mas noa molho.

;D I got the first part, but don't really understand the second. :notsure: You don't like the sauce?

Just a minor correction: Churrasco brasiliero é bom bom demais para ser verdade, é de lamber os dedos!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

:popcorn: I am enjoying this. :grin:

jumbojak

I was trying to say that there is no sauce. At least, the Brazilian barbecue cooked by the husband of a Brazilian woman didn't. Was I lied to? Was it some bastardization wrought of a union between Brazil and the Philippines...

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on May 06, 2019, 11:32:37 PM
I was trying to say that there is no sauce. At least, the Brazilian barbecue cooked by the husband of a Brazilian woman didn't. Was I lied to? Was it some bastardization wrought of a union between Brazil and the Philippines...

:lol: Ah, ok. Yeah, I think there is generally no sauce, just seasoned meat with salt and other erm, stuff.  :scratch: