News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Ex-Mormon looking for some Atheist support

Started by rb24, January 17, 2010, 01:01:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rb24

Hey everyone,

My name's Ryan, I haven't used a forum in years, and I recently embraced Atheism, although I've been doubting Mormonism for years.  I was born and raised in a Mormon family, and never really questioned it until recently, I had moments where I would just not care and do my own thing, and then feel guilty and repent etc. etc. but I never really questioned it. I was scared of the church all my life. I am 18 now, and looking back, I feel very cheated out of many learning, growing experiences I could have had if given the freedom to do so. I feel like my high school experience was hindered because of the church. After much research and digging and figuring out what I believe, I came to the only logical conclusion, Atheism. I feel much more free and alive since, but I feel I don't really have anyone I can talk to theologically, which is something I love to talk about and discuss.  I have an older brother who is not in the church but he lives on the other side of Canada so I don't get to talk with him much (I don't bother talking to any other family members about religion because an Atheist talking to a Mormon is pretty useless)

Anyways sorry for rambling on, I'm excited to get involved in this forum!

Squid

Welcome aboard.  Hope you find this forum a great outlet for discussion for you.

AlP

Welcome rb24. My coworker is ex-Mormon and he tells some stories. I hope you find this forum helpful and maybe you can help us out with some insights into Mormonism. It's a bit of a mystery to me at least. Have fun!
"I rebel -- therefore we exist." - Camus