News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

the beekeeper who is receiving the shipment of packages from georgia has just cashed my check, for four 3-pound packages of crossed  buckfast/ital;ians.

the bees are due to arrive 18 april, for pickup. these in the picture are lttle two-pound packages, which commercial beekeepers favor and also peopl ein the west, where spring starts early:

bees don't care about human corona virus. they will be ready to shake in georgia 15 april, plague or no plague. they have to be shook or they'll swarm and go to the trees.

at the moment i am not sure of whether i will be able to go get them. they will arrive a few hours north of me.

i need to get two or three hundred pounds of bag sugar. i forgot. i don't have any drawn comb, just bare foundation.

set the function, not the mechanism.

xSilverPhinx

There's a young child throwing multiple tantrums on a daily basis in an apartment near me. How can something so small produce so many decibels?!

Also, a couple in an apartment in the building in front of me scream at each other every now and then. Last time I saw them there was a young boy, probably around 12 or 13 years old, in the middle trying to get them to stop. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that domestic violence is going to skyrocket during this period of social isolation.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

No one

Argentium:
There's a young child throwing multiple tantrums on a daily basis in an apartment near me.

You're near the white house? I thought you were in Brazil.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: No one on March 29, 2020, 10:46:55 PM
Argentium:
There's a young child throwing multiple tantrums on a daily basis in an apartment near me.

:rofl:

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 29, 2020, 11:01:24 PM
Argentium:

:rofl:

Ha! That's a good one.  :lol:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Buddy

I have to go back to work tomorrow after a glorious week of being paid to do absolutely nothing.  >:(
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Dark Lightning

Argentium:

Hah! So true! I'd really like for that miscreant to serve 10 to life for his high crimes and misdemeanors. Whiny Little Bitch, for sure.

xSilverPhinx

Someone is burning incense and the smell is coming in through my balcony. I can't stand the smell of incense and I can't shut the balcony doors because it's damn hot today.

hermes2015

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 30, 2020, 03:58:25 PM
Someone is burning incense and the smell is coming in through my balcony. I can't stand the smell of incense and I can't shut the balcony doors because it's damn hot today.

You obviously weren't around in the sixties. I bet you hate tie-dyed clothing as well.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: hermes2015 on March 30, 2020, 06:01:24 PM

You obviously weren't around in the sixties. I bet you hate tie-dyed clothing as well.

:notsure: ...I don't know what tie-dyed clothing is.

hermes2015

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 30, 2020, 06:37:37 PM

The innocence of youth.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: hermes2015 on March 30, 2020, 07:14:01 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 30, 2020, 06:37:37 PM

The innocence of youth.

:lol: Not so young anymore, the 80's are quite distant now.  :P

I looked tie-dyed clothing up. I've seen clothes with those kind of patterns before, but only in period piece movies.  ;D The 60's look very...colourful :grin:

billy rubin

in point of fact, they were.

so were the 70s, but by then we had to listen to self-satisfied 60's people tell us that nothing important had happened since 1969

set the function, not the mechanism.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: billy rubin on March 30, 2020, 09:25:23 PM
... we had to listen to self-satisfied 60's people tell us that nothing important had happened since 1969

That of course, is nonsense! When we hit the 90's that's when stuff really started happening. We got Tamagotchis, widespread use of the internet and Backstreet Boys! :grin:

The 90's were great. :tellmemore:

Icarus

I agree with xSP that the 90s were great.  That's because I was 30 years younger then.