News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Public Displays of Affection (PDA)

Started by Mocha Chief, February 04, 2012, 05:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mocha Chief

I have alot of good friends that are gay, lesbian and bi. Dated a couple bi chicks also. The way I see it, if it makes you happy, go for it. Just don't start making out in front of me, regardless if you're gay, lesbian, bi or straight.

EDIT: Split from "What do atheists think of Homosexuality."

Stevil

Quote from: Mocha Chief on February 04, 2012, 05:10:19 PM
I have alot of good friends that are gay, lesbian and bi. Dated a couple bi chicks also. The way I see it, if it makes you happy, go for it. Just don't start making out in front of me, regardless if you're gay, lesbian, bi or straight.
In most civilised countries it isn't against the law to kiss in public, do you think it should be against the law?

Mocha Chief

Quote from: Stevil on February 04, 2012, 07:22:47 PM
Quote from: Mocha Chief on February 04, 2012, 05:10:19 PM
In most civilised countries it isn't against the law to kiss in public, do you think it should be against the law?

Hell no! I don't mind kissing in front of me, but when tongue starts getting involved and they're feeling on each other, I start to get uncomfortable.

Asmodean

There you may have something to learn from The Senior.

Such displays don't faze me at all... I might even ogle a little if there is something in it I find worth ogling.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Mocha Chief

Quote from: Asmodean on February 04, 2012, 07:55:12 PM
There you may have something to learn from The Senior.

Such displays don't faze me at all... I might even ogle a little if there is something in it I find worth ogling.

That's something I don't really want to learn my friend lmao

Asmodean

Quote from: Mocha Chief on February 04, 2012, 07:58:26 PM
That's something I don't really want to learn my friend lmao
May be for the best...

People who know me in person usually regard me as cold because of the effort needed to provoke any kind of reaction, and it does apply to much more than public displays of traditionally private activities. That label has its disadvantages, especially while being nearly correct.

In any case, I think people are entitled to their right to be creeped out or otherwise made uncomfortable, as long as they don't try to legislate personal preferences.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Mocha Chief on February 04, 2012, 07:42:18 PM
Hell no! I don't mind kissing in front of me, but when tongue starts getting involved and they're feeling on each other, I start to get uncomfortable.

I was riding on a bus once, and a couple of women in the seat in front of me started making out.  The seats were so close together it was like they were in my lap and, yes, I was uncomfortable despite being a woman-kisser, and -groper, myself.

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Asmodean

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on February 04, 2012, 08:34:20 PM
I was riding on a bus once, and a couple of women in the seat in front of me started making out.  The seats were so close together it was like they were in my lap and, yes, I was uncomfortable despite being a woman-kisser, and -groper, myself.
I'd probably look appreciatively enough at them to make them uncomfortable  :D

...Has been known to happen.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Asmodean on February 04, 2012, 08:44:52 PM

I lack sufficient Asmo essense for that.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Asmodean

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on February 04, 2012, 08:46:41 PM
I lack sufficient Asmo essense for that.
Most people I know do. But then again... Most people I know are "regular" and "sane".
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Amicale

I've had the same experience. Two women a bit older than me sat down right in front of me, and started making out like crazy. I promptly looked around for cameras, or for other couples kissing, since at first I thought I'd wandered haphazardly into an Improv Everywhere skit, similar to the 'No Pants Subway Ride'. Alas, nope, they were just two very... uh... enamoured gals going at it. And despite my own admiration and appreciation for the ladies, it obviously WASN'T the fact that it was two women. It was more the fact that I wondered if they'd land on me, and it was like being unable to tear your eyes away from a car wreck. Other people even moved out of their way... I was the only one still sitting there, with roughly this look on my face:  :o

(I should add that while they were going at it, they were wearing pajamas. And Ugg boots. And still holding their grocery bags. So that was bizarre. Also, they weren't going at it quietly. In fact, they vocalized just enough that I should have filmed it, and made money off the spectacle!)

Quote from: Asmodean on February 04, 2012, 08:44:52 PM

Had it been remotely sexy, I would have considered it. As it was, I couldn't have managed an appreciative look without laughing...

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Asmodean on February 04, 2012, 08:51:41 PM
Most people I know do. But then again... Most people I know are "regular" and "sane".

Really?
What's that like?

Buddy

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on February 05, 2012, 12:55:52 AM

Really?
What's that like?

Sounds boring.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Asmodean

Quote from: Budhorse4 on February 05, 2012, 01:23:05 AM
Quote from: The Magic Pudding on February 05, 2012, 12:55:52 AM

Really?
What's that like?

Sounds boring.
It is boring.

Oh, my inner circles only contain the less sane and more dynamic people, but you can count those on your fingers and would have some to spare.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Melmoth

The more you get to know a person the more you realise - they're utterly insane. :D Some people are just better at acting normal than others.
"That life has no meaning is a reason to live - moreover, the only one." - Emil Cioran.