News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Recent posts

Laid Back Lounge / Re: What's on your mind today?
Last post by billy rubin - April 14, 2024, 10:19:42 PM
in america, we live in a world where law isnt the final arbiter for legality.
Last post by Tank - April 14, 2024, 09:30:44 PM
Well Al Capone ended up in jug for tax evasion :D
Life As An Atheist / Re: Does atheism have anything...
Last post by billy rubin - April 14, 2024, 08:23:56 PM
i once made octopus curry. not bad.

i used to eat squid regularly at the local cuban restaurant in san jose. the rice was always purple because of the ink.

then they sold to some other cubans and the reciepe changed to a tomato-based thing that was pretty different.
Last post by billy rubin - April 14, 2024, 08:18:33 PM
tomorrow an ex president of the united states goes on trial for a felony. yet anopther first in america.

the orange jesus has sidestepped every attempt to bring him to account for anything so far. this mostly worthless offense is the first time he will actually be on trial for criminal activity.

we ll see whether anything comes of it.
Current Events / Re: Israeli-Hamas war
Last post by billy rubin - April 14, 2024, 08:14:10 PM
my country just spent a billion dollars defending a regional troublemaker from a country that was exercising a reasonable self-defense.

seriously, my country is making every accusation that its enemmies levy at it come true.

the US shouldl have let the drones through to emphasize to israel that acts like bombing an embassy are not okay, for crying out loud.

but no. we sternly advise iran not to defend itself, while condoning israels destruction of an entire people through starvation.

we have gone way off the rails in the united states of america. we used to stand for something better than this.
Laid Back Lounge / Re: Doesn't fit under any othe...
Last post by billy rubin - April 14, 2024, 08:10:44 PM
ive still got my grandfathers crossed flag collar pins in the trunk of junk here with me

he was also a telegraph operator in indian territory back before oklahoma was a state. that was a previous reality.
Laid Back Lounge / Re: Reasons to be cheerful!
Last post by billy rubin - April 14, 2024, 08:07:50 PM
Quote from: Tom62 on April 13, 2024, 05:55:39 AMMy health insurance finally approved my off-label chemotherapy in combination with immunotherapy. My first treatment will be on Wednesday.

excellent

best of luck
Life As An Atheist / Re: Does atheism have anything...
Last post by Dark Lightning - April 14, 2024, 07:30:04 PM
Quote from: zorkan on April 03, 2024, 12:48:25 PMOctopus pizza. You should be ashamed.
Do you know what it means to be an octopus?
It's brain is spread throughout its body and its arms can each think separately.

Like a soggy spider, then. The smallest spiders have some of their nervous system distributed into their limbs as well. I don't eat spiders (that I know of), but I've eaten octopus. It has been decades, though.
Religion / Re: Christian Nonduality
Last post by Me_Be - April 14, 2024, 05:36:21 PM
Quote from: zorkan on April 14, 2024, 12:31:36 PM
Quote from: Me_Be on April 14, 2024, 09:13:19 AMThere is already a potentially infinite period of time where you didn't exist, which ended when you were born. And if you return to the state you were in before you were born after you die, what's stopping you from existing again and again and again, because the very concept of 'you' is already known by the ''Actual'' direct experience of being aware of being aware in the first place.

Entropy.

What if the known concept of 'you' is actually referring to the entire everything that is alternatively known as the universe itself. It seems that everything that is the universe is moving more towards 'higher entropy' (increasing) rather than 'lower entropy' (decreasing)

Such measurements can simply be known as and through the concept of ''time'' which must be a 'thing' albeit a temporal appearance of what is ultimately timeless /absolute and eternal.

'Appearances'' such as high and low entropy in physical systems can be observed relatively, whereas absolute timeless eternity cannot be observed; but only known as an idea in relative terms by association; meaning while (entropy and time) appear real enough within awareness, they are in fact both real and unreal within our awareness of language and knowledge; as no one ever witnessed the beginning or ending of the entire universe itself as one whole unitary thing.

Knowledge of any thing does not actually exist outside of the brains capacity to construct it using concepts via language which can only point to the illusory nature of reality, in that ultimately, is of an unknowable nature, even to itself.
Last post by Tank - April 14, 2024, 04:01:57 PM
Just finished watching the final series (11) of The Walking Dead. Brilliant observation of feral humanity.