Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

membership

Started by launion, December 07, 2011, 01:25:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

launion

does the forum have a census of members 

eg  what is the average age of posters

it appears  younger on this forum tan some of the older sites...

The Magic Pudding

Unlikely, until recently even the male/female stats were way out due to spammers distorting it.
I think there are a few young people posting a lot recently that may make the forum seem younger.
I'm sure we'll bore them into submission soon though, there should be more threads about the advantages of ear hair and how modern music is rubbish and "I" things are dumb and new abbreviations are degenerate and, and I'll finish this later it's time for my nap.

not your typical...

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on December 07, 2011, 02:41:58 AM
Unlikely, until recently even the male/female stats were way out due to spammers distorting it.
I think there are a few young people posting a lot recently that may make the forum seem younger.
I'm sure we'll bore them into submission soon though, there should be more threads about the advantages of ear hair and how modern music is rubbish and "I" things are dumb and new abbreviations are degenerate and, and I'll finish this later it's time for my nap.
You shall never crush our spirits! Submission is not an option! We will dominate! ;D
"Accepting the truth and keeping faith is a strong thing to do. Mixing the two however, is the dumbest thing you've ever attempted." - Radical Ostriches Bringing Eternal Requiem Tonight
Advocate for the abnormal.

The Magic Pudding

Recusant!

Recusant!

Spammer in isle one!

I don't know what he (statistically probably he) is selling, zasobóws maybe.

not your typical...

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on December 07, 2011, 07:48:46 AM
Recusant!

Recusant!

Spammer in isle one!

I don't know what he (statistically probably he) is selling, zasobóws maybe.
*looks all around* Spammer? What? Where!?
"Accepting the truth and keeping faith is a strong thing to do. Mixing the two however, is the dumbest thing you've ever attempted." - Radical Ostriches Bringing Eternal Requiem Tonight
Advocate for the abnormal.

Tank

Quote from: launion on December 07, 2011, 01:25:07 AM

it appears  younger on this forum tan some of the older sites...
I think the average age is meaningless but I don't think it's very much different from this type of forum but that's only an opinion based on experience. What we do have some very bright and active youngsters which are giving the forum a very fresh feel at the moment.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on December 07, 2011, 08:37:46 AM
What we do have some very bright and active youngsters which are giving the forum a very fresh feel at the moment.
Also, there is a shriveled old Asmo, who tries to help  ;D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

OldGit

And a youthful, vibrant Old Git.

Buddy

I guess I would be one of the young'uns here  ;D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Recusant

Quote from: launion on December 07, 2011, 01:25:07 AM

We've had a couple of poll threads on this topic that I'm aware of. The most recent one can be seen here.

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on December 07, 2011, 07:48:46 AMRecusant!

Recusant!

Spammer in isle one!

I don't know what he (statistically probably he) is selling, zasobóws maybe

I don't know about anybody selling zasobów, but one obliging spammer stopped by yesterday to try to sell us some footwear. Thus began my efforts as assistant janitor. 
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Asmodean

Quote from: Recusant on December 07, 2011, 03:17:32 PM
I don't know about anybody selling zasobów, but one obliging spammer stopped by yesterday to try to sell us some footwear. Thus began my efforts as assistant janitor. 
Ooh! Ooh! The dutiful Asmo reported it too! 

In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

OldGit

Well, of course we know the Asmo has no need of footwear, and will therefore subject the purveyors thereof to his evil ministrations.

Buddy

You guys must be doing a good job because I never saw a thing about footwear.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Asmodean on December 07, 2011, 04:02:49 PM
Ooh! Ooh! The dutiful Asmo reported it too!  

Oh my.
Haven't we been over this before?

Let us say:

Fools, I reported it hours ago.
Incompetents, they should all be shot.

I forgot these, fit 'em where they belong  !!

Asmodean

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on December 07, 2011, 04:57:14 PM
Oh my.
Haven't we been over this before?

Let us say:

Fools, I reported it hours ago.
Incompetents, they should all be shot.

I have NO idea what you just said, but I'm sure it's accurate and just and probably even wise. Very wise.  ;D
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.