News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Hello I'm new.

Started by John 3:16, October 16, 2011, 03:36:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jojo77

~Enjoy this moment, it may be your last. ~

not your typical...

Quote from: Attila on October 31, 2011, 05:00:15 AM
Quote from: not your typical... on October 31, 2011, 02:38:44 AM
Hey. I'm Christian too, but I have a lot of atheist views. The name's Becca.
I can hardly wait for you to get your 10 posts. I'd love to hear your explanation for your comment. I didn't know it was even possible. ;)
Haha. Most people find it weird. It's actually harder for me to tolerate Christians than anyone else on the face of the planet. A lot of my friends are Atheist, and they're big influences on me. Most of the Christians I know are really self-righteous and look down on anyone who doesn't follow the same set of rules as them. I've actually been told, by a member of my family, that I'm going to hell... Her reasoning was because I dies my hair rainbow colors and I don't listen to gospel. My friend, who's an atheist, almost punched her, because we we're all in a car, (six of us, one her) and she said that we needed to say the sinner's prayer before she drove us anywhere. Then she took us to church. That night we plotted her death, but my mother told us that if we went to jail, she wasn't bailing us out.
"Accepting the truth and keeping faith is a strong thing to do. Mixing the two however, is the dumbest thing you've ever attempted." - Radical Ostriches Bringing Eternal Requiem Tonight
Advocate for the abnormal.

Buddy

Quote from: not your typical... on November 10, 2011, 07:11:17 PM
I can hardly wait for you to get your 10 posts. I'd love to hear your explanation for your comment. I didn't know it was even possible. ;)
Haha. Most people find it weird. It's actually harder for me to tolerate Christians than anyone else on the face of the planet. A lot of my friends are Atheist, and they're big influences on me. Most of the Christians I know are really self-righteous and look down on anyone who doesn't follow the same set of rules as them. I've actually been told, by a member of my family, that I'm going to hell... Her reasoning was because I dies my hair rainbow colors and I don't listen to gospel. My friend, who's an atheist, almost punched her, because we we're all in a car, (six of us, one her) and she said that we needed to say the sinner's prayer before she drove us anywhere. Then she took us to church. That night we plotted her death, but my mother told us that if we went to jail, she wasn't bailing us out.

I'm not sure I would have had that much self- control. Though I would rather walk than have to deal with that.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

not your typical...

Quote from: Budhorse4 on November 10, 2011, 07:25:11 PM

I'm not sure I would have had that much self- control. Though I would rather walk than have to deal with that.
Yeah... But I know what they do to girls like me in prison.... I'm willing to admit, I'd kill more and get locked in the loony bin. If I get a padded cell, it better be rainbow and pink!
"Accepting the truth and keeping faith is a strong thing to do. Mixing the two however, is the dumbest thing you've ever attempted." - Radical Ostriches Bringing Eternal Requiem Tonight

Ecurb Noselrub

That night we plotted her death,

So, exactly in what sense are you a Christian? Just curious.

not your typical...

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on November 10, 2011, 09:41:08 PM
I believe in the birth, death and ressurection of JC and that there is a God in heaven. Not much more than that though... In all honesty, most of the Christians I know piss me off to a certain extent. I hate talking religion with them because the first thing they tell you is that you'll understand when you're older. If I was meant to not get it til I'm older, why the hell are you trying to get me to listen to it now? And another thing is deflecting questions with 'tests of faith' responses. I swear, one of these days... *shaking head as evil grin appears* But anywho, until then, I guess I'll just b stuck pretending to get what they mean and all that jazz.

Asmodean

Quote from: not your typical... on November 10, 2011, 09:51:38 PM
I swear, one of these days...
...You will poke someone in the eye with a letter opener, yes?  ;D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: not your typical... on November 10, 2011, 09:51:38 PM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on November 10, 2011, 09:41:08 PM
I believe in the birth, death and ressurection of JC and that there is a God in heaven. Not much more than that though... In all honesty, most of the Christians I know piss me off to a certain extent. I hate talking religion with them because the first thing they tell you is that you'll understand when you're older. If I was meant to not get it til I'm older, why the hell are you trying to get me to listen to it now? And another thing is deflecting questions with 'tests of faith' responses. I swear, one of these days... *shaking head as evil grin appears* But anywho, until then, I guess I'll just b stuck pretending to get what they mean and all that jazz.

Interesting.  I'm also a Christian who has your basic beliefs but doesn't accept most of the other religious traditions of the faith.  However, I do refrain from plotting people's deaths.

Tank

Please note the forum this thread is in folks  ;D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

not your typical...

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on November 10, 2011, 10:47:10 PM
Interesting.  I'm also a Christian who has your basic beliefs but doesn't accept most of the other religious traditions of the faith.  However, I do refrain from plotting people's deaths.
Yeah... still learning how to control my temper. Dad's a war vet who wanted a boy... see where I get it from?
Asmodean, yes, that would be nice, but don't you think it'd be better to take a spoon, scoop out the eye entirely, then make them eat it?... Or maybe that's just me.

not your typical...

Quote from: Tank on November 10, 2011, 10:49:11 PM
Please note the forum this thread is in folks  ;D
*saluts* Yes sir!

Asmodean

However, I do refrain from plotting people's deaths.
You should try it. Very therapeutic.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Asmodean

Quote from: not your typical... on November 10, 2011, 11:43:22 PM
Yeah... still learning how to control my temper. Dad's a war vet who wanted a boy... see where I get it from?
Asmodean, yes, that would be nice, but don't you think it'd be better to take a spoon, scoop out the eye entirely, then make them eat it?... Or maybe that's just me.
If you don't mind it looking less-than-spontaneous, then yes, it would be better. However, if you mean to plead temporary insanity at the resulting trial, my way is a bit more convenient.  ;D
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

not your typical...

Quote from: Asmodean on November 10, 2011, 11:47:49 PM
If you don't mind it looking less-than-spontaneous, then yes, it would be better. However, if you mean to plead temporary insanity at the resulting trial, my way is a bit more convenient.  ;D
Who said anything about my insanity being temporary?  ;)

Asmodean

Quote from: not your typical... on November 11, 2011, 12:00:37 AM
Quote from: Asmodean on November 10, 2011, 11:47:49 PM
Who said anything about my insanity being temporary?  ;)
Your attorney. At a trial. While trying to get you off the hook for poking a guy in the eye with a letter opener and at the same time keep you away from a room with padded walls and Napoléon for neighbour.  8)
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.