News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

A better question, why not make multicolor the default... Thing?

Zebra stripes, leopard spots... The Asmo sees many a possibility for cool hide designs. Hm... Perhaps HE should create like... Humans. In HIS image, yes?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Essie Mae

Quote from: Gloucester on August 14, 2017, 07:58:47 PM
Quote from: Essie Mae on August 14, 2017, 07:22:48 PM
Hope you're feeling better xSP; life can be a real bitch sometimes.

Went to an exhibition on 'Kitsch' in our county town of Hertford the other day. Some of the posters were describing the extreme vitriol directed towards what some consider is the most dreadful lapse of taste ever. Even philosophers in the 17th century had negative comments. These self-styled arbiters of taste made me so indignant; like whatever pleases you, but don't decry  what others like, keep your opinions to yourself. Honestly I came out of there thinkig I'd just have to hang a Vettriano and three ceramic flying ducks on my wall in sympathy.

What? No "Chinese Girl", aka "Green Lady"?

I find domething about Vettriano fascinating but would not want one on my wall.

The Chinese Girl and the Green Lady were there. I know what you mean about Vettriano and there are some pieces of 'art' in Tate Modern which get me wondering how quickly the laughing artist reached the bank.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Essie Mae

Quote from: Asmodean on August 15, 2017, 08:11:19 AM
A better question, why not make multicolor the default... Thing?

Zebra stripes, leopard spots... The Asmo sees many a possibility for cool hide designs. Hm... Perhaps HE should create like... Humans. In HIS image, yes?

Wellll ....... What aspect of your image were you thinking precisely? I do love your shape, honest I do, but .......

Essie Mae

And BTW, why should you get to decide when it says on my profile that I art God?

Asmodean

Why, His Divine Eyebrows, naturally!  :smilenod:

That does answer both questions, yes?  8)
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Essie Mae

Quote from: Asmodean on August 15, 2017, 09:02:34 AM
Why, His Divine Eyebrows, naturally!  :smilenod:

That does answer both questions, yes?  8)

It doeth. Eyebrows I can cope with.

Icarus

Skin color reference in above few posts........That reminded me of something that sometimes enters my mind. How many of you know about the Harlem Hellfighters? They were the 369th infantry unit in WW1,  They were an all black outfit, enduring the shabby treatment that went with the Jim Crow laws of the time. Take a minute or two to read this: https://www.archives.gov/education/lessons/369th-infantry.

Because I know about some things such as this, I am ashamed that we still have white supremicist outfits like the ones who showed up at Charlottesville this past weekend.

Dave

Quote from: Icarus on August 16, 2017, 01:18:02 AM
Skin color reference in above few posts........That reminded me of something that sometimes enters my mind. How many of you know about the Harlem Hellfighters? They were the 369th infantry unit in WW1,  They were an all black outfit, enduring the shabby treatment that went with the Jim Crow laws of the time. Take a minute or two to read this: https://www.archives.gov/education/lessons/369th-infantry.

Because I know about some things such as this, I am ashamed that we still have white supremicist outfits like the ones who showed up at Charlottesville this past weekend.

There was a very good play on BBC radio some years ago that I think was about that unit.

When the archaeological digs were going at a hill fort near Cheltenham the base was an old US Army hospital. The timber framed wards had wide gaps between them. A very old local, who was a lad at the time the hospital was in use, told us that there were tents in the gaps. The white wounded got to use the insulated and heated huts, the black wounded had the tents.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Asmodean

Something ought to be done about the "standard" political compass, I think. It ought to grow more dimensions... Or a mirror of itself, where in stead of going from Anarchism to Fascism on a North-South axis, for example, it goes from Globalism to Nationalism. As for the axis of conservatism/progressivism, I think that one could be effectively swapped for one that goes from protectionism to multiculturalism.

Would that not be a better description of what the gray masses prioritize in places where said masses have it not-so-bad-really? At the very least, a fine addition to the existing measurement framework in places where... Not?

...It's all crap. all of it. It becomes so the instant it gets politicized and them corresponding agenda-pills get shoved down people's throats.

Crap, you hear. Shit.

/*muttering rants and implications and  >:( *

In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

My house smells of burnt rice. :headshake:

Major cooking fail! :cauldron:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

I hope Bruce is ok when Harvey arrives. And no not the invisible rabbit!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

My father was going to give my sister and brother 20,000 bucks each. My brother passed it up and said he doesn't want it, so he'll be giving my sister 40 grand. I already knew I was never his favourite but that at first thought is so unfair  and makes me resent him even more. On second thought, however,  him not giving me anything is probably for the best, because everything he does has strings attached. He'll come knocking in the future and ask for something in return. My sister, if she accepts the money (and she will), will be indebted to him for the rest of his life. 

Arturo

I don't know what the fuck is going on lol Everything that people say makes no sense
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Icarus

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 26, 2017, 02:22:40 AM
My father was going to give my sister and brother 20,000 bucks each. My brother passed it up and said he doesn't want it, so he'll be giving my sister 40 grand. I already knew I was never his favourite but that at first thought is so unfair  and makes me resent him even more. On second thought, however,  him not giving me anything is probably for the best, because everything he does has strings attached. He'll come knocking in the future and ask for something in return. My sister, if she accepts the money (and she will), will be indebted to him for the rest of his life.

That is a serious Bummer, Silver.  Perhaps you are merely stubborn or defensive to take such an attitude.  A better take, one that I cheerfully assign to you, is that you can be your own person with no strings attached to a retro claim of that sort. 

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Icarus on August 26, 2017, 02:35:35 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 26, 2017, 02:22:40 AM

That is a serious Bummer, Silver.  Perhaps you are merely stubborn or defensive to take such an attitude.  A better take, one that I cheerfully assign to you, is that you can be your own person with no strings attached to a retro claim of that sort.

I've mostly gotten over it, there's just that residual feeling of upset that I have to deal with. On the plus side, I do feel free, if that makes any sense. I know him, I know how he functions and I'm very aware of his expectations. Everything he does is an investment.