News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Claireliontamer

You can swing kettlebells but you're supposed to build up to doing it and you really need an instructor to correct your form.

xSilverPhinx

:notsure: I don't know, man. There's just something about those eyes...looks like it's ready to pounce on your face and chew it right off.

Maybe I've just been watching too much Monty Python and the Holy Grail and its deadly little white rabbit scene.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Arturo

Quote from: xSilverPhinx
little white rabbit

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Quote from: Claireliontamer on June 25, 2017, 07:18:00 PM
You can swing kettlebells but you're supposed to build up to doing it and you really need an instructor to correct your form.

Maybe, but I still can't work out what advantage swinging in that way offers over merely lifting, either from the elbows or the shoulder and there are sure safer ways to exercise the lower back and legs?

Still, I am too old now to try it for real to work out where the stresses are. Kettle bells? I have trouble just lifting bits of me!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Claireliontamer

Quote from: Gloucester on June 26, 2017, 06:36:40 AM
Quote from: Claireliontamer on June 25, 2017, 07:18:00 PM

Maybe, but I still can't work out what advantage swinging in that way offers over merely lifting, either from the elbows or the shoulder and there are xure ssfer ways to exercise the lower back and legs?

Still, I am too old now to try it for real to work out where the stresses are. Kettle bells? I have trouble just lifting bits of me!

It's supposed to be a good combination workout for cardio and strength at the same time.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Arturo on June 26, 2017, 03:40:14 AM
little white rabbit

I trust pills just as much as I trust marsupials or lagomorphs. 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Arturo

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 26, 2017, 01:56:48 PM
Quote from: Arturo on June 26, 2017, 03:40:14 AM
little white rabbit

I trust pills just as much as I trust marsupials or lagomorphs.

So...that means a lot?
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Arturo

Just read something about interpersonal relationship and attachment styles. From what I've read here, I have no friends. But also from that, I'm everyone's friend lol
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Ali

Arturo

Arturo The1  リ壱

Biggus Dickus

My work at the moment besides keeping me quite busy is also beginning to stress me fuck out (Which is why I haven't been around here lately, and means I'll probably be around less in the next month or so)...our office is closed next week due to the summer automotive shutdown, but since three of the plants I deal with (Two in Canada) are still going to be operating next week I'm going to have to continue to work anyway (Including the 4th of July because of the bloody Canadians)

Plus, my boss has all of us here working on a new project, LED Retro-fitting for fluorescence lighting fixtures. We are targeting schools so I have a meeting tomorrow and another on Friday at two different schools in the area...it's a lot of work. Have to count every single light fixture in the building, including all of the classrooms, offices, hallways, gymnasiums, locker-rooms, bathrooms, etc...determine what type of bulbs are currently being used in each and then calculate what type of LED Kit would be a suitable replacement.
Calculate the total KwH currently being used annually for the entire building(s), broken down by fixture type, then calculate the KwH our LED system uses, and the savings in energy and money we can offer (Upwards to 60-70 percent annually, quite impressive actually)
Then calculate the cost, plus payback period, determine if there are any rebates or payback programs available through their local energy provider, determine what those paybacks are and then roll it all into an attractive proposal, etc.... All the while continuing to deal with my regular responsibilities and the daily issues that arise from that portion of my job.

I'm burning out.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Dave

^

I was going to ask what the working life of the LED units is v flourescent.

Now I am more bothered how long your working life will be with all that effort to expend!

But I will ask if the LED units are direct swaps with the tubes?
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Firebird

Quote from: Father Bruno on June 27, 2017, 03:17:35 PM
I'm burning out.
Pun intended?  ;D

It sounds like a pain, but also very worthwhile and for a good cause. Good luck with everything.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

No one

Just because it can't, doesn't mean it doesn't want to.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Firebird on June 27, 2017, 06:14:44 PM
Quote from: Father Bruno on June 27, 2017, 03:17:35 PM
I'm burning out.
Pun intended?  ;D

It sounds like a pain, but also very worthwhile and for a good cause. Good luck with everything.

Yes it was, nice catch Firebird...it's a bit stressful and keeping me busy, but I do enjoy working with the schools.

Quote from: Gloucester on June 27, 2017, 05:41:55 PM
^

I was going to ask what the working life of the LED units is v flourescent.

Now I am more bothered how long your working life will be with all that effort to expend!

But I will ask if the LED units are direct swaps with the tubes?

No, our system is not a direct swap with the tubes. With our retrofit system you remove not only the old tubes, but the sockets, and the ballast as well. Our LED strips, along with our drivers have magnetic strips attached to them so you basically place the strips within the troffer and rewire the driver to the power source; although we do recommend tapping in one screw for the driver to hold in place.

Takes about 10 minutes to do one fixture, in fact the retrofitting doesn't require a licensed electrician to install so the schools can utilize their regular maintenance personal to assist in the changeover.

We guarantee both the LED strips and the drivers for 10 years, though testing has shown them to last on average 15-17 years (So for the next ten years they don't have to worry about replacing any bulbs, or ballasts, and if they do need to make a change they do so with zero costs).

To give you an example of the savings. A high school I'm working with outside of Detroit will see an annual reduction from 124,558 KwH down to 39,076 KwH. (This is only for the hallways, cafeteria and gymnasium, I still have to do a proposal on the classrooms, offices, etc...).

By the way, our drivers come in 10W increments, for 10W's to 50W's, and it's the driver that controls the brightness, so basically we can reduce the energy consumption in one fixture by 60%. (LED strips come in different lumens, from 3500 to 5000)

"Brighter Ideas for a Brighter Tomorrow"

Here's a video if your just bloody bored to death and will watch anything at this point :P
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."