News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldGit

I'm sorry for you, Buddy; I know how that feels.  Still, it sounds like it was the right thing to do.

Claireliontamer

I'm sorry to hear this buddy :(

Tom62

That is bad news, Buddy. Losing a pet is like losing a family member.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Biggus Dickus

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Dave

Never having had a pet I can't really share, but I know what friends have gone through losing their pets and can sympathise.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

jumbojak

Sorry to hear that Buddy. I look at my dog and how he's not getting around as well as he used to and stories like that hit close to home. :(

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

jumbojak

The ivy gets a reprieve. I had to spend yesterday working on this rusty piece of crap instead of waging my righteous war against the green scourge.

It's so old that New Holland doesn't have the right drawings for it anymore. The best we could get were schematics for a 1411, while ours is a 411. I'm crossing my fingers that parts are the same or similar enough that it doesn't rip itself to pieces on the first use. And if it does, I hope I'm not the one running it. 13,000 rpms will send sharp, heavy metal a long way really fast.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

Quote from: Buddy on May 22, 2017, 02:22:18 PM
Just got a call from my parents. They are in their way to the vet with Athena, our Doberman, to be put to sleep. I guess her health has taken a downturn in the last week and there isn't anything that can be done for her.

I'm incredibly sad but also a little relieved. She's been on heavy duty pain killers for a while and she could hardly walk any more. I hated seeing her like this because I know she would rather be out chasing rabbits than sleeping on the couch all day.

I am really going to miss her though. I'm glad I took the time to give her an extra scratch when I was moving my things out.
Stand by for lots of tears  :'( :'( :'( :'(
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Claireliontamer

Quote from: jumbojak on May 22, 2017, 06:18:02 PM
Sorry to hear that Buddy. I look at my dog and how he's not getting around as well as he used to and stories like that hit close to home. :(

:'(

Guardian85

Just got a call from my parents. They are in their way to the vet with Athena, our Doberman, to be put to sleep. I guess her health has taken a downturn in the last week and there isn't anything that can be done for her.

I'm incredibly sad but also a little relieved. She's been on heavy duty pain killers for a while and she could hardly walk any more. I hated seeing her like this because I know she would rather be out chasing rabbits than sleeping on the couch all day.

I am really going to miss her though. I'm glad I took the time to give her an extra scratch when I was moving my things out.
Damn, that sucks!

Just about the only benefit of allergies; not losing pets. :-\

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Icarus

Sorry for the loss of your beloved Dobe, Buddy.  I have been a dog guy for almost an eon and have lost quite a few of them. I do cry when the loss occurs and I am never ashamed of doing so.

My little Aussie mix, Scooter, is now 16 years old and still hanging in there. I will lose him before long surely. I love him dearly and he returns that emotion. So when I say sorry for your loss.........I do know the feeling.

Sandra Craft

I'm so sorry Buddy, I know how painful this is.  At least you did get to say an affectionate goodbye to her, even if you didn't know at the time how much of a goodbye it would be.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Icarus

JJ, no way in hell that New Holland will ever see 13 grand. It  might come unglued at 4500. A Kawasaki, Suzuki,
Yamaha, Honda, crotch rocket it ain't. It is a little old workhorse. Please be kind to it.

I am not a tractor guy but I think that New Holland Is now made in India or some other far away place.

jumbojak

I think some of their tractors are made in India now. The subcompact maybe. Their hay equipment is still made in Pennsylvania I think. Then again it could be Kansas. The one in the photo above is old enough that it has still has a little blue Ford decal so it's somewhere in the neighborhood of thirty years old.

We need a new one. Or... at least one that's only twenty years old or so. Those disc bines do indeed spin crazy fast at full tilt. If the new shell doesn't have a weight welded on like the broken one it'll be worrying. I'm not sure if they were individually balanced or had a set standard. Might be a bit of a butt pukka if the weight isn't there...

Arturo

Gloucester, Tank, FB, Claireliontamer

Thanks. I was actually doing a lot with family and friends the past few days leading up to that. I'm an introvert and the experience exausted me. I'm also part of a community for the mentally ill that I was recommended to be in several times. I don't really see any benefit from that but I pushed for it because I thought that was what I was supposed to do. So I was upset with the way people treat me. I was being ignored on the day with my friends and my family said that they do that to me too.

Buddy I'm sorry to hear about your doberman. I love dogs and don't know how I'm going to react to my dogs passing when they do. I know pets are the most loving companions we have until they're gone.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱