News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

^ No good deed goes unpunished.

Biggus Dickus

Sometimes i feel as if i'm on the bow of a great ship, leaning out against the rail, enjoying the view of the horizon in front of me, and then i realize i'm onboard the Titanic and it's sinking...what it feels like to be in Trumps Dickheads america these days.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

OG.
I'm just glad to see you posting, again.  :)

He looks good. 

:grin:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

OldGit

Arturo

I, uh, lost track of the moment today like I usually do when interviewing for something that I want. I filled out a whole bunch of paperwork, identical to the ones I did last year for the apartment I want. At the end the lady said they will send the papers to their home office and process it and do background checks on me. And that when an apartment becomes available they will call me and ask me if I still want it.

A couple words later, I realise they told me that already so I tell her. She says yeah this was just to collect information on me so that this way the interview part is at least over. I go okay as if I understand but don't realize until later that she didn't understand what I said.

I must have short term memory problems because I do this all the time. I find it hard to focus on one thing if the other person is not as well. So if they change the subject like this lady did, then I get totally lost. I must need someone to go with me or something to things like these because I can't remember for myself.

Edit: Maybe a better way to explain this- They called me to tell me there is an apartment opening up soon and to ask if I still want it. I said yes and made an appointment today. In the appointment they said they will tell me when an apartment will become available and call to ask if I still want it. I tried to bring this discrepancy up but got washed away by conversation and didn't realise until I already left the building.

This happens a lot to me so I get embarrassed to go back and try to reinstigate conversation about the miscommunication. I also feel as if I am making them mad by trying to bring things back up. Mainly by that time, they already forgot what they said so it's a long and exhausting conversation on both ends. That also makes me feel like a nusance. I feel as if I bother them by just trying to get my message across.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

^ Could be a working memory problem. Psychosis can affect that type of really short-term memory along with other executive functions.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Arturo

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 30, 2017, 12:12:56 AM
^ Could be a working memory problem. Psychosis can affect that type of really short-term memory along with other executive functions.
I thought that as well. If I am at home don't nothing, I'm pretty fine as far as memory goes because I can do things as they work their way into my awareness. But even then, I can get distracted if I move from one thing to another. It's like I have two things on my mind all at the time if I get busy enough. I'm going to tell my psychiatrist about that so I can hopefully get something​ for it, like counseling.

My current counselor moved offices and no longer sees me. It's hard getting any counseling on Medicare because they don't pay for anything. Sorry I didn't mean to talk at you lol
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Arturo on March 30, 2017, 03:46:43 AM
I thought that as well. If I am at home don't nothing, I'm pretty fine as far as memory goes because I can do things as they work their way into my awareness. But even then, I can get distracted if I move from one thing to another. It's like I have two things on my mind all at the time if I get busy enough. I'm going to tell my psychiatrist about that so I can hopefully get something​ for it, like counseling.

My current counselor moved offices and no longer sees me. It's hard getting any counseling on Medicare because they don't pay for anything. Sorry I didn't mean to talk at you lol

If you don't mind me asking, how are you at things such as writing and reading? Do you get distracted and lose focus often in the middle of a sentence for no apparent reason?   
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Arturo

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 01, 2017, 11:27:46 PM
Quote from: Arturo on March 30, 2017, 03:46:43 AM

If you don't mind me asking, how are you at things such as writing and reading? Do you get distracted and lose focus often in the middle of a sentence for no apparent reason?

I used to a lot when I was younger. I was always a few grades behind in reading level. Reading now is different because there are things I actually am interested in reading but yeah that can happen from time to time. Especially when I'm writing, I will be in the middle of writing something and I forget where I'm going with it.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Magdalena

Not so much, what...who. Crow.

Father Bruno mentioned him, BooksCatsEtc also mentioned him. I remembered him as well because I know he would've liked my rice recipe.  :sad sigh:

I would like you all to know that I shared my special and amazing, Camarones A La Diabla recipe with him, in private. Why him? He was weird, and he appreciated weird foods from around the word. Yes, he was mean sometimes, but it was a meanness I could live with for a few years. Why did he have to go?  :(

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on April 06, 2017, 05:32:57 AM

Father Bruno mentioned him, BooksCatsEtc also mentioned him. I remembered him as well because I know he would've liked my rice recipe.  :sad sigh:

I would like you all to know that I shared my special and amazing, Camarones A La Diabla recipe with him, in private. Why him? He was weird, and he appreciated weird foods from around the word. Yes, he was mean sometimes, but it was a meanness I could live with for a few years. Why did he have to go?  :(

Don't say that Mags, it's not true.  :'(

I don't hate him...
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

Quote from: Father Bruno on April 06, 2017, 03:55:30 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on April 06, 2017, 05:32:57 AM

Don't say that Mags, it's not true.  :'(

I don't hate him...
But...

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Magdalena on April 06, 2017, 04:20:07 PM

Gosh, I miss Firefly.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Velma

Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Magdalena

OK...I think I'm gonna have to close my chakras. The Jehovah Witnesses just came to visit me.  :grrr:

She had her two sons with her. I tried to not be rude, but she said to me, "You must have reasons for not believing in god, could you tell me the reasons?" I said, "Yes, I have my reasons, and no, I don't see why I have to tell you."
She said, "OK" and left.

If she wanted to "plant a seed" in my house, it went all wrong because I might have "planted my seed" in her kids' mind.  :nu-uh: