News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

What are you Eating right now?

Started by terranus, February 01, 2011, 06:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Essie Mae

A Marmite sarnie. We brought six large jars over here to Oz for my son because he loves it and it costs an arm and a leg here. There are many things about Oz that I love, but Vegemite is bad joke.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Essie Mae on March 22, 2017, 09:26:28 AM
A Marmite sarnie. We brought six large jars over here to Oz for my son because he loves it and it costs an arm and a leg here. There are many things about Oz that I love, but Vegemite is bad joke.

I've never tried Marmite, and the fact that it's referred to as the left-over sludge from making beer most likely means I never will. I once saw a jar of vegemite, but fortunately it hadn't been open yet, and so I never had to try it. :badger:

i just had a large, cold grapefruit, i love grapefruit,...it was fucking perfect, felt like i was cozying up to Hellen Mirren's chest.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Dave

Tom62

Quote from: Gloucester on March 22, 2017, 08:39:56 AM
Quote from: Tom62 on March 22, 2017, 05:35:39 AM
I had a German beef roulade with potatoes.
For breakfast?

Congrats, you are really paying attention :).
I had it for dinner on the evening before
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Dave

Tossed salad with alittle crumbled cheddar cheese and sweet chili rice crackers, smashed in a mortar, insread of croutons.

Hmmmmmm

(Tonight it's full Chinese so I am being healthy for lunch!)

Icarus

Friend wife did her weekly tour of the local farmers market, then the supermarket to buy some .....Monkfish filets. She had gotten Broccoli, beets, radish,a loaf of seeded bread,  and strawberries at the farmers market. She baked the beets and the broccoli along with the fish. I did like the veggies and the delightful bread, but had no taste for Monkfish, a nasty ugly bottom dweller whose flesh resembled lobster.

Dave

Quote from: Icarus on March 26, 2017, 02:01:16 AM
Friend wife did her weekly tour of the local farmers market, then the supermarket to buy some .....Monkfish filets. She had gotten Broccoli, beets, radish,a loaf of seeded bread,  and strawberries at the farmers market. She baked the beets and the broccoli along with the fish. I did like the veggies and the delightful bread, but had no taste for Monkfish, a nasty ugly bottom dweller whose flesh resembled lobster.

Terrible thing to do with something that has a, er, delicate flavour! Brown bread and a salad at the most. Mayonaise as the strongest sauce.

Even bottom dwellers have their use. ;)

Tom62

I had Steinbeisser fillets (wolffish, also known as the seawolf, Atlantic catfish, ocean catfish, devil fish, wolf eel, woof or sea cat) on the menu. I prepared in the oven with a Chinese herb mixture and fresh coriander. I served it with a curry fried rice; a nice chutney and a salad.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Dave

Quote from: Tom62 on March 26, 2017, 08:24:29 PM
I had Steinbeisser fillets (wolffish, also known as the seawolf, Atlantic catfish, ocean catfish, devil fish, wolf eel, woof or sea cat) on the menu. I prepared in the oven with a Chinese herb mixture and fresh coriander. I served it with a curry fried rice; a nice chutney and a salad.

Why, oh, why, oh why did you have to go and get my gastric juices flowing at this time of night!

Makes the pulled duck with Hoisin sauce and pancakes (spring onions, cucumber and red pepper sticks with a salsa dip on the side) I had earlier sound almost pedestrian.

(Hmm, think there is some pepperoni left in the fridge . . .)

Dave

There was some pepperoni, a little.

Paint one side of a slice of bread with olive oil then toast it.
Gently scrape a clove of garlic over the now crispy oiled-toasted side.
Grate a cover of (cheddar) cheese over that, then a thin layer of tomato salsa, then more cheese.
Cover with slices of pepperoni then grill the top until sausage just crisping and cheese bubbling.
Cool for a few minutes on a grid then devour.

Not exactly a pizza but . . . Tasty!

Back to my diet tomorrow.

Biggus Dickus

i just had a bowl of cold, mixed fruit...orange and tangerine slices along with some papaya and strawberries, with a bit of honey dribbled over the top,..i fruit and honey,...it was fucking perfect, felt like i was kissing the belly of 80's Madonna.

Essie Mae

Finished off my granddaughter's rainbow ice cream cone - disgusting bright colours and sickly sweet. So glad she had the sense to reject it. I then saw that she'd drunk the remaining half of my cappuccino coffee after which she asked for more. She's not yet 3.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Dave

Cherry tomato sandwhich (no butter, low fat salad dressing) and a zero fat black cherry yoghurt.

(Scoffed half a rottiseried chicken with sage & onion seasoned fries, coleslaw and sweet-corn for lunch - ballancing.)

Biggus Dickus

I'm enjoying a tall expresso along with a "Kenyan" pour over at one of my favorite coffee shops. I love coffee,...these are fucking perfect.

Edited to add that just after I typed this the barista brought me over a small cup of genuine pink bourbon Ethiopian on the house.

It's been a good Friday so far...