News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 22, 2017, 09:54:31 AM
Quote from: Gloucester on May 22, 2017, 05:03:54 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 22, 2017, 03:24:42 AM
:frolic: Weekend is finally over!

Er, most people are happy when it starts:query:

I know, and I am like most people, but this weekend was a particularly tough one, with practically no time to rest. Tomorrow and Wednesday I get half the day off. I haven't not looked foward to the weekend in such a long time!
Ah, qualification is all!

Just make sure you use your time off sensibly, xSP.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Claireliontamer

Quote from: Gloucester on May 22, 2017, 09:53:44 AM
:blow one's own trumpet icon needed:

Being old, retired and without really close friends (nearby) or family can often make one feel a bit useless. Voluntary work helps but, often, the thanks one gets seem just the "usual" reward for offering one's efforts.

Then someone tells you that your name has been mentioned at the Heritage Group meeting as having made a very positive impression and contribution.

Eyes brighter, tail bushier!  :whistling:

Makes it worth the efort.

That is great, it's always nice to feel appreciated :)

Biggus Dickus

I know, and I am like most people, but this weekend was a particularly tough one, with practically no time to rest. Tomorrow and Wednesday I get half the day off. I haven't not looked foward to the weekend in such a long time!

I didn't want the weekend to end at all, in fact I stayed up later than normal last night in some weak-ass attempt to make it last longer as I've got a lot of things at work going on this week and am not looking forward to it.

However. Enjoy what I'm sure is some well deserved time off, maybe take a walk in the park, stop at a cafe' and do some reading, or better yet sit at home and listen to some Antônio Jobim, early Gilberto Gil or maybe some Stan Getz!  ;D

Quote from: Gloucester on May 22, 2017, 09:53:44 AM
:blow one's own trumpet icon needed:

Being old, retired and without really close friends (nearby) or family can often make one feel a bit useless. Voluntary work helps but, often, the thanks one gets seem just the "usual" reward for offering one's efforts.

Then someone tells you that your name has been mentioned at the Heritage Group meeting as having made a very positive impression and contribution.

Eyes brighter, tail bushier!  :whistling:

Makes it worth the efort.

Good for you, I for one feel your contributions are probably more noticed and impressive than you think,  and I would also love to see a picture of that bushy tail of yours 8)
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Dave

Quote. . . and I would also love to see a picture of that bushy tail of yours 8)

Thanks for the compliment!

But my tail is something I keep well hidden - pesky grey squirrels keep following me otherwise. Especially this time if year, bloody randy tree-rats!

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Gloucester on May 22, 2017, 01:16:29 PM

Quote. . . and I would also love to see a picture of that bushy tail of yours 8)

Just imagine a Bunny boy with saggy, wrinkley skin . . .

Yeah, I'll probably take a cold shower, rinse my eyes out with vinegar. 8)
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Arturo

Just got the word from the apartments. I can move in! Rent is $182 a month and the SD is $221. There were some negotions on whether to move in this week or later when I get paid. I think I will opt for later because that is cheaper and I can buy some things I'll need.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Quote from: Arturo on May 23, 2017, 06:07:21 PM
Just got the word from the apartments. I can move in! Rent is $182 a month and the SD is $221. There were some negotions on whether to move in this week or later when I get paid. I think I will opt for later because that is cheaper and I can buy some things I'll need.

Blimey, you can pay that sort of rent per week for a one bed flat round here! Even old folks flats are £400/month +. Sometimes plus service charges.

Davin

Congratulations!

My offer to help move is still on the table.

I also still have my car.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

Wow! That's great news, Arturo:)

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: Davin on May 23, 2017, 07:01:28 PM
Congratulations!

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Sandra Craft

That's fantastic!  It's always great to have your own place.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Gloucester on May 22, 2017, 09:58:12 AM

Ah, qualification is all!

Just make sure you use your time off sensibly, xSP.

Yes, it was used very sensibly, I came home and went straight to bed.  :offtobed: Slept all afternoon. :grin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Father Bruno on May 22, 2017, 01:07:56 PM

I didn't want the weekend to end at all, in fact I stayed up later than normal last night in some weak-ass attempt to make it last longer as I've got a lot of things at work going on this week and am not looking forward to it.

:therethere: I know the feeling.

QuoteHowever. Enjoy what I'm sure is some well deserved time off, maybe take a walk in the park, stop at a cafe' and do some reading, or better yet sit at home and listen to some Antônio Jobim, early Gilberto Gil or maybe some Stan Getz;D

:headshake:

xSilverPhinx

That's great Arturo! I'm really happy for you! :thumbsup:

Arturo

Quote from: Davin on May 23, 2017, 07:01:28 PM
Congratulations!

That's the most ghetto collection of gifs I've ever seen.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱